• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Warning: Do not order from Health Cabin for delivery to Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
As most of you know by now, Health Cabin no longer ships registered airmail to Thailand and only ships by EMS. Here is a quote from Health Cabin's rep on ECS regarding EMS shipments to Thailand from another thread.

We strongly suggest you not to order from our site for a while, because recently we do have a problem getting orders to reach your customs via ems smoothly.

The orders are never leaving China. They appear to be just sitting in Guangzhou for four days to two weeks and then being returned to Health Cabin. Some lucky people have gotten their orders in as little as three days, but unfortunately, they are they lucky exception to the shipping nightmare that is now Health Cabin EMS to Thailand.

Last edited:

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I went through the same thing with one of my order, another order I placed a week later went smoothly.
I don't think I wil order from HC again though, but saying that this could be the sam for all Chinese vendors to Thailand.
I will know more soon, as I have 3 big orders coming from 2 other Chinese vendors via ems this coming week

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I went through the same thing with one of my order, another order I placed a week later went smoothly.
I don't think I wil order from HC again though, but saying that this could be the sam for all Chinese vendors to Thailand.
I will know more soon, as I have 3 big orders coming from 2 other Chinese vendors via ems this coming week

Good luck with that. I think if they leave China from Beijing instead of Guangzhou they will have a better chance of leaving the country. At Guangzhou, China has some very persnickety custom's inspectors that seem to enjoy blocking the export of packages from China. I don't know why they are being so picky about what is leaving their country. I would say their outgoing custom's inspectors are much more picky than incoming custom's inspectors in most other countries. I once had a box of vitamins sent to me from my mother in the U.S. Thailand customs opened it to inspect it and left me a notice inside the box in Thai telling me that vitamins are considered drugs and that next time I should get import permission from the Thai FDA first and have that permission on the outside of the package; but they still let the vitamins be delivered to me. They also marked the outside of the box opened for inspection by Thai customs, unless the package has something funky about the look of it (also larger boxes seemed to get opened for inspection much more often than small bubble envelopes which are almost never opened for inspection by Thai cutoms). Most incoming mail to Thailand is not even opened by customs. They just do a cursory inspection of the package, look at the customs form if one was required (small package air service under 2kg [this service no longer offered by USPS] are not required to have a customs form attached) and just pass the packages through within an hour or two of them being received by Thai Post. Something is very funky about packages being stopped from ever leaving China. I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
Well one of my orders has been refused already by ems, it had liquid in it.
The Chinese vendor just gave me a full refund of the amount paid so that was good.

My other 2 very big orders are doing the rounds in China with ems, waiting to see what happens but not a good feeling at the moment.
Looks like we are going through a bad time getting things out of China, on of my vendors says to use only China Airmail, another vendor says can not use China airmail or DHL but only ems.
This is getting silly.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Well one of my orders has been refused already by ems, it had liquid in it.
The Chinese vendor just gave me a full refund of the amount paid so that was good.

My other 2 very big orders are doing the rounds in China with ems, waiting to see what happens but not a good feeling at the moment.
Looks like we are going through a bad time getting things out of China, on of my vendors says to use only China Airmail, another vendor says can not use China airmail or DHL but only ems.
This is getting silly.

If it is going to leave China it does so with a few hours of getting the departed from Guangzhou scan. If there is no activity after that scan (would track in Thailand within 30 hours later) and be delivered the same day) then the package is being held by Chinese customs for security inspection. Once they get around to looking at it and decide to block its export (usually just an x-ray) they will return it to the Guangzhou EMS center for return to the shipper. China is not letting much get out via EMS these days for some reason. It has become a very unreliable method and I would never use it again.

China registered airmail is the best and most reliable to get products here from China, but this time of year the service is very slow and will take three to four weeks to receive your order. That is okay with me. I would rather wait than not get it at all. EMS is a crapshoot and looking bad at the moment. Keep in mind that in China EMS is not part of the Chinese Post Office. It is a separate company owned by the Chinese Government called "China Courier Services." It is completely independent of the Chinese Post office and they have different procedures for exportation of packages; hence the postal service still being okay but super slow and EMS having a myriad of issues at the moment.

Last edited:

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
yet i get told this ny one of my Chinese Vendors:
Buyer Guide

The express company stop dispatch e liquid on this month.

1.So China register air mail and DHL stop dispatch e liquid.

2.EMS allow carry e liquid.

We offer 3 shipping way:

DHL:fast 5-7 day arrived,Expensive,(NO liquid)
The shipping fee is counted by 500G per unit. Come with different shipping fee by different countries.The shipping fee will be counted by system automatically.

EMS:fast 5-15 day arrived, Cheaper than DHL(No limiting of the goods)

The shipping fee is counted by 500G per unit. Come with different shipping fee by different countries.The shipping fee will be counted by system automatically.

China Registered Airmail:slower 15-60 day arrived ,Cheap。( NO liquid )
The shipping fee is counted by 100g per unit,It is 2.2USD for first 100G,the following is 1.5USD per 100G,Same price all over the world.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Anything new with your order mate?
Did you get a refund?

Nope. Nothing received and no refund yet. The reshipment is still in limbo in China. Hasn't tracked in China or Thailand since Guangzhou departure scan on the 15th. If normal, it should have arrived in Bangkok very early a.m. on the 16th and been delivered the same day. The first shipment took four days to scan again in Guangzhou after the so-called departure scan as being returned by Chinese custom's security department. It has been over four days since the reshipment scanned departing Guangzhou with no further activity, so I am worried about what is going on with it. If it gets returned to HC again I will tell them to not ship again and demand a refund. It has been very frustrating to say the least. If it does not scan in another day I will demand a refund as it will have been a week after they shipped it the second time and EMS to Thailand from China should only take three to four days. I hope I do not have to file a PayPal complaint for non-receipt but if HC is not cooperative I might have to go that route.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
In hindsight I should not have allowed HC to reship the order. I originally asked for a refund but they assured me that if they shipped it again it would go through "smoothly." It has been anything but smooth. The reshipment has been in limbo longer than the first one was. Chinese language China EMS tracking shows much more detailed info than the English language China EMS tracking. Below is a translation of the tracking for the first and second shipment from Chinese to English. Notice the first shipment shows returned by "security" on the 11th and it never left China. Neither shipment has ever scanned in Thailand.

First Shipment
2012-11-05 18:03:00 Xiamen International Business Courier Logistics Branch Lanshou
2012-11-05 19:05:37 Xiamen Football cast station reaches the processing center from Xiamen Branch East embrace investment Station Software Park.
2012-11-05 19:20:35 Xiamen Leave the treatment center, sent to Guangzhou
2012-11-05 19:36:00 Xiamen courier logistics branch of the International Business Department Eastern international football cast station Acceptance
2012-11-06 13:09:00 Guangzhou The arrival processing center from Xiamen
2012-11-07 02:40:00 Guangzhou Leave the treatment center, sent to Bangkok
2012-11-11 02:56:00 Guangzhou The arrival processing center from security
2012-11-11 03:16:00 Guangzhou Leave the treatment center, sent to Xiamen
2012-11-12 08:58:23 Xiamen The arrival processing center from Guangzhou
2012-11-12 10:14:03 Xiamen Leave the treatment center, destined for the domestic import
2012-11-12 10:34:10 Xiamen The arrival processing center from international import
2012-11-12 10:36:24 Xiamen Leave the treatment center, sent to the Xiamen branch of Eastern football cast Ministry
2012-11-12 13:56:00 Xiamen Branch Eastern football cast Ministry Delivery and receipt

Second Shipment
2012-11-13 17:44:00 Xiamen International Business Courier Logistics Branch Lanshou
2012-11-13 18:33:00 Xiamen courier logistics branch of the International Business Department Eastern international football cast station Acceptance
2012-11-13 19:08:17 Xiamen Football cast station reaches the processing center from Xiamen Branch East embrace investment Station Software Park.
2012-11-13 19:25:04 Xiamen Leave the treatment center, sent to Guangzhou
2012-11-14 15:26:00 Guangzhou The arrival processing center from Xiamen
2012-11-15 03:12:00 Guangzhou Leave the treatment center, sent to Bangkok

As you can see from the first shipment the departure scan that says the package was sent to Bangkok actually means it goes to Chinese outgoing customs. There is no way to know when Chinese customs releases it for onward travel or rejects it for a "security" reason and has it returned to the sender, as they did with my first shipment.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Update: The reshipped package has finally tracked after a six day limbo in Chinese language only that is was returned to the Guangzhou sorting center by "security." The tracking is not updating on the English language tracking page for China EMS yet. This is the second time the same shipment from HC has gone though this EMS hell. Tomorrow, it should get to Xiamen and be returned to HC. EMS from HC is a big NOT, a waste of your time and nothing but frustration.

jonbkk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Bangkok
I can totally understand your frustration. However, I've not had a problem ordering from them. I've had two shipments arrive since you had this happen to you. The last one arrived in under a week.

I also don't know of a good alternative site to order from...and ordering locally is usually marked up 100%. Any suggestions?

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
I can totally understand your frustration. However, I've not had a problem ordering from them. I've had two shipments arrive since you had this happen to you. The last one arrived in under a week.

I also don't know of a good alternative site to order from...and ordering locally is usually marked up 100%. Any suggestions?

Nope. The only alternative is HG which doesn't have as good a selection. That is why I am so disappointed by my experience. I would like them to bring back China Airmail shipping so I can order again. I have had many things come from other vendors via China Post Airmail since this incident and all have come in less than two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread