Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
It may be a little pre-mature to start this thread as there are not too many in the wild as yet but I expect that to change quite soon as more vendors start the carry these and the price comes down some.
I don't think that Imeo is going to be hurt by these at all, if anything he may gain because myself for example is so impressed with this that I will be buying one of his newer creations.
Here are a couple of things I am wanting to pass on, first when filling, if you fill to a point higher than the coil start out vaping with liquid control closed then open it a little when you notice it needs more.
Also wick size seem to be limited to 2 mm due to the channel size in the ceramic piece, 3 mm will fit but I think it's to tight so the 2 mm seems to wick better.
DSCN1708.jpg

If you are here looking for information on the Terminator rebuild-able atomizer try here:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../355679-well-cloners-going-whole-hog-one.html

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I have had my Terminator now for about eight days and have re-wicked/coiled it about six times. Pretty easy job but this is a V1 so the channels in the ceramic are made to pretty much use 2 mm silica. Well I have 2, 2.5, 3 and a lot of 3.5 so I started using the 3.5 and snipping 1/3 off close to the coil so what is left fits correctly in the channels. I previously was using 2 mm and putting a short second piece of 2 mm silica with it but this seems to do much better although it worked real good with all the variations.

Another thing I am doing, just like in Scott Bonner's Oddy review is to keep the juice control closed after filling and opening it when it starts getting off flavor, it usually amounts to about one turn.

I guess I better get busy cleaning out my four DC tanks as I don't see that they are going to get used anytime soon.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I'm not positive about this, but they may be the only place you can get it. And yes, the shipping is a bit high, but it kinda is what it is I think. Personally I think this wick is the bomb! You do have to torch it before you use it, if you don't know what I mean , do a search here you'll find all the info you need. After its torched its good to go. Dry burning is not a problem with this stuff:) I'm on week two of a single strand with a 6-wrap of 30 gauge. This seems to be a very sturdy coil, curious how long it will last!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
You can buy Nextel wick from Omega by the foot.
I'm a little confused as to the size to order, 2 mm standard silica is what fit best but I was going to order the 1/8", perhaps I should go with 1/16" as they seem to be sizing it from the inside diameter of the sleeve. Your thoughts please.

I think I'll just order a couple of feet of each, I'll be able to use both in various other RBs that I have.

Last edited:

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
Yes, I wish I could be more certain for you. I was told that the one foot I bought from the classifieds was 116 (1/16 inch) it was definitely in the 2-3mm range, and that is what I have ordered, the XC-116. I'm pretty positive that 1/16 (1.6mm) as you noted inside diameter is what we want here. I suspect the 1/8 inch inside diameter,will be too big. I ordered a foot of that also just to see/play with, but I'm almost 100% that the 116 is what you want. I'm gonna check a bit more......

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
Good luck! I'm waiting on this order to come in to rebuild my wife's Penelope with. I suspect its even better suited to the oddy/penny style of attomizer. It's a touch tricky with the Kayfun because I need it to lay in a relatively small space the way I want it to and its not as flexible as regular wick. I would think easier to lay in the straight line of an oddy/penny but after looking at that thread I see he's using a short piece across the the top of the oddy only so I dunno, maybe that's the way to go with it, you'll have to let me know how it works out for you:)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Good luck! I'm waiting on this order to come in to rebuild my wife's Penelope with. I suspect its even better suited to the oddy/penny style of attomizer. It's a touch tricky with the Kayfun because I need it to lay in a relatively small space the way I want it to and its not as flexible as regular wick. I would think easier to lay in the straight line of an oddy/penny but after looking at that thread I see he's using a short piece across the the top of the oddy only so I dunno, maybe that's the way to go with it, you'll have to let me know how it works out for you:)
Perhaps a small cut on the outside of the bend will help.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I ordered 3ft of 1/16" and 2ft of 1/8", I' can use the larger Nextel on some of my other Rbs although I am going to order another ceramic for my Terminator as soon as Stormy's gets thm in which should be next Monday. I plan to try to Dremel out the channels but I'm not sure it will oblige me. I'll post my results here as they unfold.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
you can get some nextel at ebay
Omega XC 116 1 16" High Temp Sleeving 100 Foot Roll 3M Nextel 312 New | eBay

Good deal, will last for ever, especially if you use it just for the top piece with reg silica
I dont think you really need to go thru the trouble of making the channels larger, I have the Ody and the Term and dont feel it makes a difference in taste or performance. You really arent missing anything at all. I have both going since I got my Terminator last week and they are the same in every aspect.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
you can get some nextel at ebay
Omega XC 116 1 16" High Temp Sleeving 100 Foot Roll 3M Nextel 312 New | eBay

Good deal, will last for ever, especially if you use it just for the top piece with reg silica
I dont think you really need to go thru the trouble of making the channels larger, I have the Ody and the Term and dont feel it makes a difference in taste or performance. You really arent missing anything at all. I have both going since I got my Terminator last week and they are the same in every aspect.

No question about it, that is an outstanding deal, I'll see how my "sample" goes and maybe go that route if I want more. Could always sell the excess in the classifieds

cement

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Brown Deer
I use an Oddy V2 rebuildable part in my Terminator which has wider channels and it works rather well. All you really need is the V2 ceramic housing and V2 ceramic. The problem is finding the housing in stock at COV. The V2 ceramic you can usually find. Hopefully getting ceramics from Stormys wont be an problem down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread