Day one with my vaperator

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4ifrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NE Georgia
I've read alot of material on this forum before getting my DSE 901. I studied, i watched Youtube videos, and waited for my new e-cig to arrive. It took about 5 days to get here, and I got it at lunch today :) :D

here's my take: I ordered my 901 from the smokeless shop with a kit that included 3 batteries, 2 atomizers, juice, chargers and some extra cartridges. I came home at lunch and took it back to work. The instruction page said the batteries were already charged, so I cracked open a filter(is that what you call them?), screwed together the atty(notice I've already picked up some of the lingo, ha!!) and the battery and started puffing.

WOW did that suck!!! Didn't taste good at all. :-x I think the pre-juiced cartridges are tobacco? Not sure but the first 5 tokes were absolutley disgusting. But I pressed on and continued to use it off and on for an hour or so. Then i noticed that I wasn't getting as much smoke as when I first started. I think I read on here that you can drip the cartridge with some juice and that's what I did. Melon juice to be exact and man did that taste good!! :D

I didn't have an ANALOG from 3 to 7:30, while I was working. Normally I would smoke every 30 minutes or so. That was pretty impressive. I'm just not sure how much nicotine I'm actually getting from my 901? I topped off the cartridge again when I got home and just wasn't getting much smoke so I decided it must be the battery getting low. I charged the battery and the green light came on after 10 minutes. So i'm guessing it's not the battery. My question is, can you keep dripping juice in the pre-juiced cartridges? I like the fact that I've only had 2 analogs this afternoon but I won't more of a throat hit.

After all that studying I did, I thought I was ready. But I'm realizing now, that I don't know what in the hell I'm doing, ha!! HELP? :confused:

Joe81

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
USA
the bad taste could be primer on ur new attys, the melon juice might taste better simply cuz some flavors bring out the nasty primer flavor, while some flavors can overpower it for good flavor...i've noticed strawberry works alrite with primer, while most tobacco flavors are no good with primer...try tobacco again in a couple days after ur atty breaks in...

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
Can you keep dripping juice into the factory filled cartridges? Yes.

As for the battery charge--the ones I have carry about 40% of a charge. Normally when the green light on the charger turns green that means the battery is full and has turned itself off and will accept no futher charge.

I have noticed on my Joye 510 sometimes I can screw in a battery. The charge light turns red, I walk back to my table. When I set down and look back I see a 'green' light. Obviously this is wrong. I walk back over there, unscrew the battery, then screw it back in and the light turns red again.

I don't think mine is caused by a bad battery. My charger hands down the wall and the tip of the battery holds it up. Most likely my charger just doesn't like 'any' pressure caused by the battery holding it up.

Finally, if you don't get any 'bad taste, order' from vaping on your cartridge you might beable to use the same filler material for a week. If it starts tasting bad (burnt), your cartridge is probably a little too dry. You might take the filler out, rinse it off in hot water, place between two pieces of paper towel and 'pat' it completely dry--then re-stuff your cartridge with it.

As time passes, the filler material will loose its abilitly to stand up in the cartridge--it will then slump down in there. Re-place the filler.

Welcome Aboard!

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I started out with a 901 so I kind of know what you are going thru. First, you didnt say whether you got manual batteries or the automatic ones. If they are the autos, DO NOT DRIP. You will quickly flood the atty which will rund down into your battery and mess up the switch in it. Only manual batteries are sealed and not all of them are.

You can refill or top off a cart quite a few times before you need to clean/change the filler. When you change flavors it is often advisable to start with a clean cart or clean filler. Some flavors just don't go well together. When I was using carts with fillers i used the poly-fill for pillows that you can get at Walmart to make new filler. I would take the old filler, put it in a 10ml syringe with no needle to squeeze all the left over juice out and save it. Believe it or not, you can really get some awesome flavored juice this way. At the very least, you have juice for a rainy day.

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Use auto batteries!

What he said. I hate auto batteries. I went thru about a dozen of them in the first month of vaping and was ready to call it quits until I figured out what I was doing wrong. If you like the 901 invest in a few manual batteries and the charging adapters. Doing this also helped the life of my attys for some reason. I know get about 3 months out of a 901 atty. You will see a huge difference in the way you can vape and how much better dripping is.

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
It's never more than a couple drops...The only way to use a 901 is to drip the atty...so you have to have manual batteries...you'll find that out when the autos die after 2 weeks like my first 100 did before the advent of manual button batt's.

P.S. that lousy taste you are vaping IS the primer...drip a couple drops on the atty and vape that ,repeat. It will be fine.

f4ifrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NE Georgia
Thanks everyone, you guys rock!!! I have the auto, sorry, forgot to mention that. I've been at home for about 4 hours and havn't had an analog. Just vaping, how cool is that?

So I have been adding juice to my cartridge as I need it, seems to work. I also ordered a manual 510 the other day, because I had read that everyone prefers the manuals better. I had no idea that you can get a manual for the 901? What a friggin rookie I am, ha!!! It's all good though. So I need to clean the atty every week to make it last?

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I dont clean my attys at all. For me, the more I cleaned them the faster they died so I just pretty much leave them alone now. My 510 atty has been going since July and the current 901 was just replaced the other day do to either user error or a defective 905, not sure which is guilty just yet. But the atty before that was over 3 months old. Some people swear by cleaning but I'm not one of them. Other than blowing the atty out now and then, a quick 1-2 second burn off does me just fine.

On another note, there is a learning curve with the 510. It will take a little getting used to. When you get it, blow out the atty and twist a tissue and gently put the tissue in the atty to get the primer out of it ( you can do this with the 901 also) Sometimes it takes a day or two to get the atty going good on the 510. All in all I love both my 901 and 510.

I as well received my very first e-cig from Smokejuice today. After a quick charge I went for a test drive. After a couple of puffs I thought "is this it?". No taste, no throat hit, nothing. Replaced the default RY4 (nonic?) with Ecopure menthol I got in the same package. Now much better throat hit and better vapour. But still no taste. :mad:

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When you get a new atty, blow out that nasty factory primer! Put your lips around the battery end of the atomizer (the end with the threads) and blow through it into a paper towel. Keep blowing until you don't see any wetness coming out, and then blow more. Then take the corner of your piece of paper towel and roll it into a point, and try to dab up any excess factory primer that is sticking to the inside walls of the atomizer (but don't put any pressure on the bridge of the atomizer).

Once you have that horrid factory primer out, you can reprime with your favorite juice, although I'd suggest something with a strong flavor that can overpower the small amount of primer that will still be in the atty. I drip 3-4 drops onto the bridge to re-prime the atty, and then add a freshly-filled spring + blue foam plug modded cart.

If you do this, you'll never have to taste that disgusting factory primer again. But make sure you don't forget to re-prime your atty after removing the factory primer! A dry atty will burn itself out and will taste terrible, so please don't forget to re-prime!

~CTdl

f4ifrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NE Georgia
Day 2: I got up this morning and started vaping. The juice I got is only 18mg and I think I may need a higher dose. I hit the analog and then went back to vaping. It was a pretty stressful day at work and so I did have 3 analogs this afternoon. I'm home now and have just been vaping tonite.

I'm not sure how long a cartridge with roughly 15 drops in it should last? I don't know if I'm changing them to soon, I just don't have any reference point. I filled 4 cartridges last night and I'm vaping my last one right now. I've hit the 901 off and on during the day. Can any of you tell me how many cartridges you use during a day?

I was a 1-1/2 pack/day, Marlboro Light smoker.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
I was a 1-1/2 pack/day, Marlboro Light smoker.

ME TOO! I found that finding the "right" flavor was key. Strong cuban tobacco is the one that got me off analogs. It's NOT a "tasty" flavor. It's very harsh, smokey, burnt, tasting. But, works for me when I NEED an analog. For pleasure, I vape 555 or a menthol blend of any tobaccco flavor plus smokey tobacco, plus menthol. I almost immediately switched to the pyramid tea bag mod-works great! And I keep 1 attomizer dedicated to each of my 3 favorite flavors. So far I have not cleaned any atty's -all working great.
Almost all my juice is 24 mg. I don't think I could stand anything lower when I want an analog (and sometimes I think I should order at least SOME 36 mg) I do have a little bit of 555 in 6 mg. I ONLY vape this at night just before bed. I tend to be insomniac so less nic is better at night.

65590.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread