got stopped and questioned by cops about my ego vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddy

Nov 28, 2012
Canada
I've been vaping for 3 years and no one has ever noticed my little 510's until I switched to the massive eGo a few weeks ago. Yesterday at the mall a store employee complimented my eGo setup and asked a few questions.

Today I was walking around downtown Montreal vaping when some cops noticed my device, turned on their lights and stopped me. They asked me what I was smoking and I explained to them that it's an electronic cigarette. They told me they had never seen one before and thought I was smoking drugs. I was surprised they had never heard of e-cigs before, they're for sale at every convenience store here!

They thanked me for entertaining their questions and I was on my way after a few minutes.

These bigger ecigs are much more convenient but definitely not discrete!

Dickyg

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
Uk
I've had to educate all of my colleagues at the station about ecigs since I started vaping. Most of them initially thought I was using something illegal as I sat at the nick vaping, like anyone would be that stupid! I'm in the process of producing a briefing presentation on the different styles that can be purchased to try and stop an vapers in my area getting a tough time from my colleagues. Saying that four months ago had I come across anyone using one I would have been asking questions!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
My workmates were all intrigued when i started wearing my Silver Bullet to work. I wear it on my belt in a flashlight holder i bought from Academy sports. Many of them thought with a Vivi Nova tank on it it looked like a light sabre!

It is a rather large device, but it's rock solid and reliable. Since then another 2 people where i work have gone to e-ciggies and Egos etc and the non-smoking/vaping employees are happy to have me around them because often they like the smell of the juice. I always answer all their questions sympathetically and i think they are all delighted i stopped my 2-packs a day Marlboro habit. On the odd occasion when the police have been to work, typically because of an alarm malfunction, they have looked with curiosity but never mentioned it.

If i go into preaching mode i'd say that it is upon us all to educate those around us as to why we are doing what we do and the health benefits of it compared to cigarettes as well as the fact that it is a fraction of the cost.

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
I've been vaping for 3 years and no one has ever noticed my little 510's until I switched to the massive eGo a few weeks ago. Yesterday at the mall a store employee complimented my eGo setup and asked a few questions.
Massive eGo? Just wait until you have to explain a Silver Bullet, Provari, or other light saber type... :) Seriously, though - good job on keeping the police informed... :)

Riff Raff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Massive eGo? Just wait until you have to explain a Silver Bullet, Provari, or other light saber type... :) Seriously, though - good job on keeping the police informed... :)

I get many strange looks from people at stop lights and intersections when vaping on my Silver Bullet. I am sure some day I will to have "sum splainin ta do" ;)

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
sounds like you did a good job handling it.
As our exposure increases more people will accept it as commonplace. For now we can help that along by using these devices in public and answering any questions in a mature manner. People are always curious about something different and what we are doing does look different. For now.

synthsiggy

Moved On
Nov 29, 2012
Don't be fooled by the police being friendly. If you see a copper on duty he/she is in robot mode. They're on duty and being friendly is not in their job description. These professionals are not stupid and they know what you know. They probably knew before anyone. To be able to manufacture and sell anything the government would know all about it way before any members of the public do. Anyway my point is that personal vapourizers for e liquid look the same as personal vapourizers for illegal substances , green ones. These coppers were seeing if you were vapourizing illegal substances, and as soon as they were satisfied you were not breaking the law they let you go on your way. Let me guess you stood there and told them all about your device as if they were 10 years old right. They know what they're doing, trust me !.

Last edited:

Alistar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Jersey
I work in a barbershop and when I began vaping everyone thought it was. Every time I get an officer in my chair I make sure to show them and inform them what vaping is.... None of them have ever seen a pv before and i wouldn't want to be on the unfortunate end of their questions...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Don't be fooled by the police being friendly. If you see a copper on duty he/she is in robot mode. They're on duty and being friendly is not in their job description. These professionals are not stupid and they know what you know. They probably knew before anyone. To be able to manufacture and sell anything the government would know all about it way before any members of the public do. Anyway my point is that personal vapourizers for e liquid look the same as personal vapourizers for illegal substances , green ones. These coppers were seeing if you were vapourizing illegal substances, and as soon as they were satisfied you were not breaking the law they let you go on your way. Let me guess you stood there and told them all about your device as if they were 10 years old right. They know what they're doing, trust me !.

I'm beginning to think you're just trolling. You're saying that anyone that works in any capacity for a government at any level knows about every product that is manufactured or sold? And they all know exactly what they are doing? Do you live in this world?

Reaperman

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2012
New Orleans, LA
You're saying that anyone that works in any capacity for a government at any level knows about every product that is manufactured or sold?
Didn't you go to the official government training on e-cigs? There were black helicopters that flew in which were piloted by the aliens running the shadow government. They had pallets full of experimental e-cigs decades, perhaps centuries, ahead of those vaped by the common man. Government was there at all levels, from the dog catcher to the president.

I've never been pulled over for it, but when I'm on the smoke deck at work, the base police who are also on break sometimes chat me up about my setup. I'm pretty sure they have more time for training than most police departments in my area, but their knowledge seems limited to personal experiences with us vapers, and magazine ads for Blu's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread