Not open for further replies.

Ultra

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Canada USA
www.electronic-cigz.com
NEW Janty MiD ONE Series E-Cigs
The MiD "One" is unlike other e-cigarettes – it has virtually unlimited capabilities, and can be upgraded through the use of software modules. The MiD "One" out-of-the-box version, is able to perform the basic functions of a variable voltage e-cigarette, but with PC connectivity.
JantyMIDHere.jpg
Pre-Order Limited stock edition MiD "One" shipping from 15 January 2013 onwards!

[h=2]JANTY MiD ONE device[/h]Specifications:
Variable Voltage/Variable Wattage - realtime control
Length: 116.6 mm

Diameter: 19.4 mm
device Weight: 40 grams
Number of Batteries: 2
Battery Type: 16340
Activation: Joystick
LED: RGB LED

Give me Power!
The Janty Mid Design ONE's Vaping profile margins are the widest in the market: the MID ranges from 0 to 8 volts, or from 0 to a whopping 25 watts! MiD delivers from 0 to 4 Amps!

Variable Voltage Janty MiD One allows you to custom control your voltage in real time.

Variable Wattage Janty MiD One allows you to custom control your wattage in real time.

Joystick?
Yes. The MID series comes with a joystick/button. It is the first ever e-cigarette to make use of a joystick/button. And it is a joy to use. The joystick allows you to easily navigate the menus of the device. More importantly, the joystick allows you to control your real time variable voltage or real time variable wattage. And guess what - you can switch easily between voltage and wattage and vape whatever you feel comfortable with.

Real Time Variable Voltage/Wattage?
Another innovation of the MiD is the Real Time Variable Voltage (RTVV) and the Real Time Variable Wattage (RTVW). This feature, together with the joystick, enables the MiD user to modulate voltage or power freely and in real time during your "freestyle" vaping and/or during the vaping or your pre-programmed profiles. Press the joystick up or down to increase or decrease the profile voltage/power in real time, any time you want during your puff to experience True Real Time Variable Voltage and True Real Time Wattage! We won't say more to describe this feature now, as you have to try it to truly realize how innovative and cool it is.

Statistics
Pull data: The MiD records the puffs you take. You can consult these records on the header of the MID Interface PC application. Our software modules *** will allow you to record and statistically showcase/share/compare each puff's duration, date, energy, duration and much more!

Vaping MiD "One" PC Application
The MiD Interface PC Application is compatible with Windows7, Parallels Desktop for Intel Macs and will be available for Android asap. The MiD can store up to 4 profiles internally in the device, but with the MiD PC application you can create, store and execute unlimited profiles on your PC. The MiD PC application allows you to use complete features such as editing and storing unlimited vaping profiles on your PC – which you can then store in your MiD device, or upload to the Coming Soon community website to share with your friends and followers!

Safety
Our MiD PRO HD batteries can handle up to 5500 mA. The MiD device automatically cuts off at 4000 mA. Our MiD HD PRO batteries will not get significantly hot and the MiD device's casing is made out of a special grade metal alloy that is both lightweight and has a high heat sinking capacity. Using our MiD HD PRO batteries with 2 or more ohms resistance atomizers is completely safe. Our dual battery architecture ensures that the loss of energy during vaping is virtually zero. Other so-called variable voltage devices using the single battery boost architecture typically have around 15% energy loss.

Janty MiD Series One Device - $129.95 - Pre-Sale Price - $110.00

Janty MiD Series One Starter Kit - $162.95 - Pre-Sale Price - $142.95

NEW Janty MiD ONE Series E-Cigs - NEW Janty MiD ONE Series E-Cigs here

Janty USA
Janty Canada

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Have to admit, I'm really curious about this thing. It looks like it's poised to compete directly with the forthcoming Joyetech eVic, except it seems to lack in one area (no display other than a varicolour LED) but excel in others (higher amperage, potentially higher volts/watts). On the other hand it seems to force you to buy modules to do things like extend the voltage/wattage range and allow you to adjust your volts/watts in realtime, fine gradients -- otherwise, out of the box, it seems to be limited to 6V/15W with 4 settings via profiles, and you need to run the software to make changes to those profiles.

Could be good, or could be the product of over-engineering and needless complication. Kind of on the fence here. I mean, more customization is great, but is it too much? Is the software-modular design good or annoying? I dunno, but it's funny because I was joking around about giving the eVic its own App Store in another thread -- and here, this thing pops up that will actually have one.

I guess we'll have to see. But the gadget geek in me is definitely intrigued.

Ultra

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Canada USA
www.electronic-cigz.com
Have to admit, I'm really curious about this thing. It looks like it's poised to compete directly with the forthcoming Joyetech eVic, except it seems to lack in one area (no display other than a varicolour LED) but excel in others (higher amperage, potentially higher volts/watts). On the other hand it seems to force you to buy modules to do things like extend the voltage/wattage range and allow you to adjust your volts/watts in realtime, fine gradients -- otherwise, out of the box, it seems to be limited to 6V/15W with 4 settings via profiles, and you need to run the software to make changes to those profiles.

Could be good, or could be the product of over-engineering and needless complication. Kind of on the fence here. I mean, more customization is great, but is it too much? Is the software-modular design good or annoying? I dunno, but it's funny because I was joking around about giving the eVic its own App Store in another thread -- and here, this thing pops up that will actually have one.

I guess we'll have to see. But the gadget geek in me is definitely intrigued.

Hi Mindfield,

Yes, I am also very much awaiting to get the Janty MiD in and try it out for myself, and see how it feels to drive this device with a joystick accelerator compared to a standard on/off button!!

Janty MiD vs. eVic
· eVic - On/Off Switch
· Janty MiD - Joystick accelerator

· eVic - Puff Counter
· Janty MiD - Puff Counter (Pull Data/Share Data)

· eVic - 3.0V to 5.0V
· Janty MiD* - 0V to 8.0V (3.0V to 6.0V-standard Out of Box)

· eVic - 2W to 15W
· Janty MiD* - 0W to 25W (4W to 15W-standard Out of Box)

· eVic - 114grams
· Janty MiD - 74grams

*Janty MiD with Optional MiD Extended software Module​

The Modules are not required for the MiD to function, you can choose to buy modules individually, or as bundles with reduced cost. I believe that the Modules will be priced reasonably with some starting under $5.00 cost to own.
Out of the box the MiD One can do the following:
· Variable voltage from 3 to 6 volt
· You can save and use 4 different profiles to the MiD – each with their own settings
· Use our free PC application, and the realtime monitoring
· We give everyone the user defined autosleep module for free – as your first module

So basically, out of the box the MiD is a very capable variable voltage e-cigaret with editable profiles.

DEMO MODE
When you receive your MiD "One", you will be able to run module based extended functionalities for a limited time, after which it returns to it's out-of-the-box status which you have paid for.

There are many reasons we went the modular way with the MiD, but a few of the more important ones are:
· We want our customers to only pay for what they use – rather than sell the MiD series with all functions enabled, which some customers wont be needing, this way we let the customers themselves decide.
· Through the use of modules it is possible to always add new functionality to the MiD series
· Through the use of modules it is possible for us to have the community interact with us, and suggest modules they want us to make for them

So basically, modules are there for you to explore – and buy – if you want the functionality they add.

Expand MiD
In order to expand the functionality of your device to enjoy revolutionary functions such as Real Time Variable Voltage and Real Time Variable Wattage, or programming, saving and executing arbitrary vaping waveforms, pulsation vaping, and much much more, you can purchase MiD software modules or bundles at www.midseries.com from 15 January 2013 onwards.

What is the community for?
The community is the heart of the MiD – what we are doing here is something we really have high hopes for.

The idea behind the community is to make a place where:
· You get to share your profiles, and test others out
· You get to discuss, interact, experiment with other users on everything MiD
· All atomisers and e-liquids in the world, should end up getting profiled; in numerous variations

But there are alot of uses for this – let us show you a few examples:

You had a friend over, he tried your MiD and he is hooked: he wants it just like you have it, same MiD, same atomizer you are using. So he buys the MiD, buys the atomizer, and then he goes onto your profile and uses the profile you let him try that initially sold him onto the idea: And he will then – without problems – be vaping just like he was when he tried it with you.

The community is located at www.midseries.com, and will be active upon launch on 15 January 2013 – this is also where you can find the store for purchasing modules for your MiD.
You have a youtube channel with alot of followers; you are testing a new atomizer, and a new liquid – you love it and people are constantly asking you for information about this; Now you can simply upload your profile and point your followers to it - if they have a MiD they can now try out that juice, on that atomizer, just as you were vaping it, to re-create the exact experience you so fondly told them about.

And finally, the community of course is also a place for us to monitor and interact; its a place where new ideas and uses for the MiD will show first, and this is where we think alot of great new community modules will come from.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Hi Mindfield,

Yes, I am also very much awaiting to get the Janty MiD in and try it out for myself, and see how it feels to drive this device with a joystick accelerator compared to a standard on/off button!!
[stats 'n stuff culled]

The joystick is an interesting idea. I'm not sold on the ability to adjust voltage in realtime as you vape by working the joystick though -- that sounds awkward, but it could have its occasional uses. There seems to be so much to this MiD, but it's kind of hard to figure out where the line is here between what it can do in your hand versus what it leaves you to do through the software. I get the general idea, but some of this stuff is a bit vague, and I suppose is the sort of thing you're not really going to be able to properly wrap your head around until you have one in your hand and have those eureka moments where you're like, "Oh, so that's what I can use that for."

I'm just sort of concerned that Janty haven't tried to pack so much into this that only the hardest of the hardcore gadget heads will "get it," while a lot of the rest might be scared off by its seeming complexity. In other words, on paper, it looks like it has a kind of steep learning curve.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
In other words, on paper, it looks like it has a kind of steep learning curve.

It is a simple or as complicated as you like.

You can program it so that it has different levels of power throughout your puff cycle..
.. or leave it as a simple one wattage setting, and then adjust the power in real time with the joyestick switch as you puff.

I've only used one briefly (so no idea how to program it), but I absolutely love that joystick; it's like an accelerator pedal! :)

Janty MiD vs. eVic

· eVic - On/Off Switch
· Janty MiD - Joystick accelerator

· eVic - Puff Counter
· Janty MiD - Puff Counter (Pull Data/Share Data)

· eVic - 3.0V to 5.0V
· Janty MiD* - 0V to 8.0V (3.0V to 6.0V-standard Out of Box)

· eVic - 2W to 15W
· Janty MiD* - 0W to 25W (4W to 15W-standard Out of Box)

· eVic - 114grams
· Janty MiD - 74grams

Also, from tests done on the eVic in Germany -
Dampfertreff - Das e-Zigarette Forum, Infos zu e-Zigaretten und e-Liquids
and posted here, a quick summary of these tests...
eVic, is this the future of vaping???

Current limit -
· eVic - 2.2A
· Janty MiD - 4A

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
It is a simple or as complicated as you like.

You can program it so that it has different levels of power throughout your puff cycle..
.. or leave it as a simple one wattage setting, and then adjust the power in real time with the joyestick switch as you puff.

I've only used one briefly (so no idea how to program it), but I absolutely love that joystick; it's like an accelerator pedal! :)

Heh, that's an interesting way of looking at it. :) Like I said, I think it's something I'd have to play with in order to properly grok it.

2.2A on the eVic? That can't be right -- that's piddly.

The lack of display and proprietary batteries is a deal killer for me. :(

It uses 2x16340 or RCR123As, which are pretty standard.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Is it using a 510 connector?

Explain what you mentioned as a interface with android. I travel and would hate to have to wait until I return home to my desktop to do stuff with it. The Android interface would allow me to "geek out" away from home. So tell us more about that please.

If I am understanding your correctly. VW is and additional cost item?

The description on the site says
What you get with MiD ""One" out-of-the-box
· Variable Voltage/Wattage ecig with 4 on-board step up/step down vaping profiles in the range of 3V to 6V or 4W to 15W
I am considering it. That is why I am asking.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Is it using a 510 connector?

Explain what you mentioned as a interface with android. I travel and would hate to have to wait until I return home to my desktop to do stuff with it. The Android interface would allow me to "geek out" away from home. So tell us more about that please.

If I am understanding your correctly. VW is and additional cost item?

The description on the site says
I am considering it. That is why I am asking.

As I understand it, it can do VV and VW out of the box, but is limited to 3-6V and 4-15W, and I believe only 4 profiles (i.e. you can set it up for, say, 3V, 4V, 5V and 6V, or 6W, 8W, 10W, 12W, and those are the presets you can use when disconnected) If you want the full range of 3-8V and 4-25W, you need to buy the module. Unfortunately that's the most expensive one.

dertbv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
Virginia
No display and now they posted the modules prices..

Screen Shot 2012-12-12 at 9.10.22 PM.jpg

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
The lack of display...

No display...

When I first saw the prototype, I was kinda surprised that there isn't a voltage/wattage display in the unit itself...
.. but that was before I knew what the capabilities of the device are...

But thinking about it now, let's say you are using a profile that you have set at 0-2 secs @ 7v, then 3-4 secs @ 5v, with remainder of the profile set @ 4.2v, how would you actually see the display showing while you were puffing on it? ...

So I can't see that a voltage display on the unit itself would serve any purpose at all...

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
U had me at "can change voltages mid puff"
The thought of customize ing a puff to start at 4.0 to 4.9 to 3.7 in seconds is cool .... .......

You lost me at no screen, and module(s)

The heck is a module?

So your tellin me that I have to spend 35-100$ extra $ for features that the device should
And probably does have already?

It reminds me of videa games you pay 60$ fir the game and countless more $ for "newest levels"
BF3 for example 60$ then a few months later 50$ for a game you done paid for

Sorry I dont mean to rant and if I sound crass I dont mean ta be that way, simply putting an opinion bluntly:glare::2c:

it totally lost me with extra costs for something that is not even remotely explained, as if its some extra part you attach to the device,
When in all actuality its probably a simple download to unlock content already on the device, LIKE DLC'S ON VIDEA GAMES...

like to know im wrong, like to know what the total cost for what is advertised, feel its gonna be a money pit of a mod

Last edited:

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
(This isn't my forum or thread, but as nobody else has answered...)

Some features/modules come as standard; others cost more to add.

All the features (that have been developed so far) are there to try out of the box.
Then the extra features (that the user wants) are available for purchase.

See images.

MiDSPECSandCOMPAREDEFbasicvsextended1_zpsd2c8fda3.jpg

MiDSPECSandCOMPAREDEFbasicvsextended2_zps2932e8a1.jpg

MiDSPECSandCOMPAREDEFbasicvsextended3_zpse9864d36.jpg

These modules will be available from 15th of January 2013 at
midseries.com/store
MiD-module-prices_zps8c10bc31.jpg

U had me at "can change voltages mid puff"
So your tellin me that I have to spend 35-100$ extra $ for features that the device should
And probably does have already?

I guess it's that (although all the extra modules are actually $50); or they'd charge $160 for the the whole package, with some of the features that many will not necessarily want...

LukeTheDuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
midwest Illinois
Nice graphs, and thanks for your input, but this is exactly what iam "complaining about, pay,pay,pay, it will never stop, an still a "module" iam not sold it has a great idea thats goin to be ruined by greed, pay once, then again an again, not,my cup of swill, and stacked 16xxx batts? Really? Stacked batts, thats old newd and found dangerous, these developers need to look at the ball foward, not backwards that seems to be true with both the evic and this mid, its a shame the idea of the mid is the game changer, the new vape experiance people have been salavating for, but to me it seems to be in ruin

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
i was really excited that Ludo and Janty had a new toy for me to play with and placed my order.
A bit later i inspected the product page and stumbled upon this module thing. there were no prices at this time,
but for me its a deal breaker.

sorry Janty, i was waiting very long for something new from you, but this new marketing concept drives me totally off.
you may find enough customers you can satisfy with this new device, just not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread