Question? Why has no one made a dripping atty e-pipe??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

izdalion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island
As the above post said WHY?
It makes total sense and is a perfect complement to a pipe as you can get. Dripping into a pipe would simulate packing it to a "T" while also being able to rebuild on top of it AWESOME. Personally I think it would be great and authentic .

I am not a mod maker so please don't say "Then why don't you make one?" LOL
Also................. If by any chance a mod maker would like to design one of these kind of e-pipes I have a few idea's to throw around :) And I expect first dibs as well hahahahaha

Any thoughts????

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
hey whats up fellow rhode islander :)

i think most epipes could be used with a dripping atty, however youd be dripping into the stem rather than the bowl area. the bowl area is where the battery is. if the mod had the batt where the stem is, the stem would be much fatter and maybe not look like a pipe.

the design is still possible however. i know tha tthe modders here are very inventive and could definitely pull it off. i think its a great idea. ive always wanted an epipe and this design sounds much cooler than the ones currently on the market.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
The problem with using the bowl as the atomizer and the stem as the battery holder would be airflow. In order for this to work you would have to inhale air which has passed the battery. If that battery would suddenly start venting as you're taking a draw ... you suddenly find yourself inhaling potential toxic chemicals.

You can use drip attys on existing pipe mods though ...

izdalion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island
hey whats up fellow rhode islander :)

i think most epipes could be used with a dripping atty, however youd be dripping into the stem rather than the bowl area. the bowl area is where the battery is. if the mod had the batt where the stem is, the stem would be much fatter and maybe not look like a pipe.

the design is still possible however. i know tha tthe modders here are very inventive and could definitely pull it off. i think its a great idea. ive always wanted an epipe and this design sounds much cooler than the ones currently on the market.

Hey there Kemosabe and fellow Rhode Islander :) I love the avatar LOL The Cos is awesome :p
See you get exactly what I'm talking about :) Your right on all points and yes it would be a fatter stem. I'll tell ya the truth I didn't think anyone would grasp this concept that fast lol You proved me totally wrong :vapor:

Here's what I was thinking:
a 510 adapter in the "bowl" section of the pipe with a removable Phoenix type RBA and/or IGLO RBA setup for easy rebuilding.
The shaft (lol) being the battery compartment and also the mouth piece (somehow) I haven't figured that out yet......
A side mounted button or a spring loaded connection (The RBA 510 connection) that activates by pushing it down just like using your finger on a old style tobacco pipe. I would prefer the push down :)

That I think would be pretty boss to say so my self lol

izdalion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island
The problem with using the bowl as the atomizer and the stem as the battery holder would be airflow. In order for this to work you would have to inhale air which has passed the battery. If that battery would suddenly start venting as you're taking a draw ... you suddenly find yourself inhaling potential toxic chemicals.

You can use drip attys on existing pipe mods though ...

Really great point!!!!! But I'm sure with enough thought and planning that could be worked around.

izdalion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island
Why don't you make one? Oh, nevermind
Maybe the folks at epipemods would be interested. It sounds peretty coll

www. epipemods. com there's a contact link at the bottom of the page

Good luck

I would but then I wouldn't be able to afford it lol JKin'
I should try though even though it just popped into my head I'm sure I could revise it a little more :)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I really want any type of e-pipe, and will get one some day. Ideally, it would be as been described, using a dripping atty that somehow would be dripped into the bowl part, that would be so awesome. I'll settle for one that you drip into the stem, but I'll have to wait until they become available at a cheaper price. Unless the money tree I planted starts flowering, it's not in my funds yet to pay a lot for a nice e-pipe. That fact really upsets my Devil Dog and Blue Grass Burley, who both mock me for using them on an ego twist.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
You could always run a tube under the battery. But then you're dealing with a very thick stem, muted flavor and weak throat hit.

Yeah ... those are pretty much the huge obstacles. The longer the vapor travels ... the cooler the vapor, the less throat hit and flavor. In fact, along with potentially inhaling toxic chemicals ... the vapor would also start causing corrosion of the battery components.

So your only option WOULD be to use some kind of tube, which causes the issues already noted.

izdalion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island
I'm racking my brain on trying to make sense of these issues right now and at the moment womp wahhhh lol
The only way I could realistically come up with a viable solution is if I visually see a pipe. I don't have one though :(
I'm sure someone smarter then me can put 2 and 2 together.

Issues:
Battery & safety
push down atty to mouth piece flow with no restriction and/or suction loss

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
An idea to get the atomizer closer to the mouthpiece would be to put the atomizer closer to the mouthpiece and put a "bottom" feeding tube from the bowl to the atomizer. You would put the pump for the feeding tube in the bowl adjacent to/on top of the battery. It might not hold much liquid, but I'm sure greater minds than mine could figure something like that out.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I have a couple e-pipes and I have a couple rebuildable attys...I cannot envision how you could place the atty in the bowl. The attys do not work upside down and your opening for the vapor above the coil. So you would have to drip, put on a airtight cap, fire the atty drawing the vapor out the top, down the inside of the bowl, through a tube past the battery to the stem. Would take some mighty lungs.

My best thought would be a Bavarian style pipe with a long bowl and you could us the lower stem to hold the battery.

barvpipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread