New study: Nicotine is Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
tobacco is some kind of "devil weed," only good for making chemical-laden products like cigarettes, known to promote cancer. At least, that's the current take on this plant. But that's certainly not the whole truth about tobacco, which has been used historically by many cultures both in religious rituals and also as a natural therapy for various ailments from colds to tuberculosis.

New study: nicotine dramatically improves and normalizes failing memory in elders

;):blush::blink::):ohmy:

So why aren't these benefits derived from tobacco widely known? The reason, as Mike Adams covered in a previous NaturalNews report (http://www.naturalnews.com/032795_tobacco_warning_labels.html) is simple: the FDA and mainstream medical doctors continue to equate the dangers of smoking chemically-laced "processed" cigarettes with anything that has to do with natural tobacco and the potentially health-building compounds it contains.

Very interesting and surprising. Always wondered why pre-20th Century American Indians smoked tobacco - it wasn't laced with chemicals to get you hooked and the tobacco plants were without toxic chemicals and fertilizers - organic tobacco.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I choose to use nicotine, even though I am no longer addicted to it.
And I have made a conscious decision that I am not ever going to stop using it.

All things in moderation.
And that includes nicotine.
:)

+1 on that

all things in moderation, including moderation.

once in a while i go all out. then once ive had my fill, its back to moderation.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
+1 on that

all things in moderation, including moderation.

once in a while i go all out. then once ive had my fill, its back to moderation.

bill-cosby-jello-puddin-pops-jpg.jpg

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
No, I am most definitely not.

Nicotine is physically addicting. There are withdrawal symptoms for at least 48 hours after that it is mostly psychological. I chewed nicotine only in Nicorette for ten years. I tried to quit. The first 48 hours were a definite problem physically alright and after three months I started to chew Nicorette again just like I had before but the need was from anxiety caused by certain very tough stresses not physical. Nicotine is an addicting substance and if you use it you are physically addicted at that time 48 hours or so after

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Nicotine is most addictive "drug" known too man some say.
Not even remotely close.

Remind me tomorrow and I'll go find the information from where that BS originally came from.
It's just another of the many lies they tell to keep us where they want us.

Nicotine is physically addicting. There are withdrawal symptoms for at least 48 hours after that it is mostly psychological. I chewed nicotine only in Nicorette for ten years. I tried to quit. The first 48 hours were a definite problem physically alright and after three months I started to chew Nicorette again just like I had before but the need was from anxiety caused by certain very tough stresses not physical. Nicotine is an addicting substance and if you use it you are physically addicted at that time 48 hours or so after

I'm sure it is somewhat addicting, but not as much as most people think...
Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Technically, nicotine is not significantly addictive, as nicotine administered alone does not produce significant reinforcing properties. However, after coadministration with an MAOI, such as those found in tobacco, nicotine produces significant behavioral sensitization, a measure of addiction potential.
Tobacco smoke contains the monoamine oxidase inhibitors harman, norharman, anabasine, anatabine, and nornicotine. These compounds significantly decrease MAO activity in smokers. MAO enzymes break down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. It is thought that the powerful interaction between the MAOI's and the nicotine is responsible for most of the addictive properties of tobacco smoking.

The talk about how addictive nicotine is comes from looking at smoking behavior, not vaping behavior.

Electronic cigarettes are the first product that allows you to look at nicotine addiction...
--Without needing to factor in the behavioral components of the act of smoking
--Without the smoke, and all the additives they put in to make it more addictive

There is tons of anecdotal evidence right here on these forums that many people are finding it easy to reduce or eliminate nicotine intake.

SMOKING = Highly addictive
NICOTINE = Maybe not so much

As for me, I don't even vape until about mid-afternoon most days now.
And when I was smoking I used to have to have a cigarette the minute I woke up or I would kill someone.

And I have gone days without using any nicotine, and just didn't even care.

Not only am I not addicted to nicotine anymore, but there are a lot of people here that aren't.
And many of them don't even realize it.

I've read a number of stories about people who accidentally left out the nicotine in their DIY juices and didn't even notice.

Having said all that, I do believe that some people are more susceptible to nicotine addiction.
But even then, the strength of that addiction is usually nowhere near what they want you to believe it is.

Last edited:

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California

Not ten years, but two. We are in agreement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread