I want a new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Heise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
MN
I think the Evic is going to be great, when they get it all sorted out, but it's going to take a bit of time. So wait a bit, let them sort it out and I think that would be the ticket of the choices. Or, by the time they get it sorted, there may be something bigger and better coming down the pike!

To me it just seems like a glorified puff counter and if you use VW you have to reconfirm it every time you put on a different carto, clearo or atomizer. I'd go with a VAMO.

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
Fan of the VAMO and own a Provari. For the price - it's a steal and hard to find a flaw with regard to the vaping experience. Only downside is the build quality - the finish (I have the "gunmetal" version) rubs off way too easily and some of the tubes aren't perfectly straight when you stand them upright (slight lean). But this something I can easily live with in what has to be the best mod for the price available on the market. Only thing that would make me stop using it is a Provari variable wattage mod, should it ever come out.

Jim66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2012
Amherst, Ohio
Vamo + 1 from me too. I really like it
Negatives:
Way too long in 18650 mode
Short battery life in 18350 mode (Would be nice to have a tube for 18500 mode. I'm keeping my fingers crossed)
Can't lock in voltage or wattage setting and it is very, very easy to change by mistake. I was vaping at 8 watts the other day and then realized it was weak. I had bumped it down to 5 watts by mistake.
Rattlesnake vape due to PWM frequency but strangely enough it doesn't always do it

Positives:
Looks nice
Works great/stellar performer
Great price
Screen easy to read
Clicky buttons
Variable wattage!

Evic = No thank you (remember this is opinion based)
Negatives:
Clunky menu. Can't exit easily. Must exit two menus just to vape it
Power output limited but probably ok for most
Puff counter (sheesh) ok, my mom likes the puff counter on her itaste, and that's great, but I personally don't need it or want it. As Phil stated, I would prefer to have atomizer ohms on the work screen.
Standby mode within 60 minutes
Software to see vape habits! Really? I vaped at 4.3 volts between 5pm and 7pm. hmm thanks for that...
Charge port
I feel it has a lot of useless features

Positives:
Price is ok
Looks neat
Vapes ok
Inventive
As another poster mentioned, the variable wattage issue was fixed with 1.1
User can upgrade firmware to fix issues

KGO VV Passthrough = Can't go wrong (I assume you are referring to the KGO VV with the LCD screen, not just a pass thru to be used at a desk)
Negatives:
Battery life
Not as well made as more expensive APV's (I dropped mine and the chrome end cap went flying... I know... don't drop it)
Rubber cover over button!

Positives:
Price!!
Works well
Small form factor

Programable APVS = ?? Haven't heard of this one yet

Itaste MVP Box Mod = Why not
Negatives:
Box design may be a negative for some people
Not small, but some would argue it isn't too big either
Center button instead of on the side where it would be a natural fit

Positives:
Works great
Price

Going from your list, the Vamo is the clear choice. The MVP is a solid bet if you like boxes. The KGO VV is a nice secondary for a stealth vape or when at work, etc. At $20 to $25, it makes sense to have one as a backup regardless of what you buy as long as you have money to spend after the holidays :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread