Stealth vape at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

shemp

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2009
Chgo Burbs
Just curious as to how many of you stealth vape at work? There are three of us so far out of 20 people total that have been sneaking at work. We go out in the warehouse or to the bathroom for a serious vape and sneak a hit here and there when we can. Eventually I know the bosses will catch one of us. It will be interesting to see what happens. There has been no smoking in our building since 1991 but plenty of vaping has been happening. The folks still on analogs were kind of ticked today when they had to go out in the +5F temperatures. Its like being back in high school which is plenty fun at age 52.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I vape in my office - so far nobody has complained. Not chain-vaping, just having some whenever the urge strikes. A few folks, even non-smokers, have mentioned that they don't smell a thing. Everyone has been supportive of my quitting, and after I've explained it to them, assume that it is OK to use indoors. Which is a good thing, since it was -4 here this morning :p

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
I am a substance abuse counselor (!) in "recovery" for 16 years...I share freely my past struggles with drugs and alcohol and current nicotine (drug) habit with my clients, it's a great teaching tool for addictions!

Luckily, I have my own little office with my PT hooked up and hiding down into my drawer! (I do not tell the clients this and only a couple co-workers I trust know, "THEY" would probably fire me). You can only imagine how happy I am to have this device in between sessions with my triple load of troubled clients and especially after facilitating Anger Management! Ha, and gratefully getting back to a few puffs after running the Stress Management group!!!

Am I not perfect or what!!!!?? :)

Epheon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Never stealth it, guess Im lucky. I work at a fuel terminal for Marathon so the only people in and out of the office at night are tanker drivers. And if they arent heading toward the coffee machine then its off to the toilet so I have little interaction with them.

All the office people and the drivers stationed there know about my vaping. Almost have one converted-----gonna be easier now that its finally cold :pNone of them care except for the officer complainer, and all I can say about him is that he isnt fat, he just needs that much room for all that .......:evil:

J-

noderat

Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Boise, Idaho
I work in a call center for a cell phone company, and a large percentage of the employees smoke but I only know about three or four people who vape (most have terrible Fifty-One PVs) and we all do it on the heated smokers patio - better safe then sorry since this job pays better then pretty much anywhere else and our benefits are incredible. I just don't want to risk it - though I've heard a few people with the Fifty-One PVs have done it in the past because they have some credit card like thing that explains it's not smoke or harmful.

maaron

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
lima,Ohio
I work in a call center for a cell phone company, and a large percentage of the employees smoke but I only know about three or four people who vape (most have terrible Fifty-One PVs) and we all do it on the heated smokers patio - better safe then sorry since this job pays better then pretty much anywhere else and our benefits are incredible. I just don't want to risk it - though I've heard a few people with the Fifty-One PVs have done it in the past because they have some credit card like thing that explains it's not smoke or harmful.
Stece's business cards have the same kind of thing printed on the back explaining that they are safe and not smoke.

zdaddyl

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Lima,OH
I work in a really big factory, where there are quite a few good hiding spots. Unfortunately, I tried the business approach and went to the administration with all the info I could gather on the e- cig. They've been giving me the run- around for about three weeks now, can't seem to keep their heads out of their a$$es long enough to make an informed decision on the matter. So, instead of risking my job, for the sake of my family I will remain in hiding. While the rebel inside me screams that I should walk right up there and blow a 13 sec cutoff vape right in their faces!:evil:

Justin Credible

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
DFW
I vape fairly often at work, although I only do it in one single area. I've had one manager catch me vaping inside and I was lucky enough to have a co-worker there when she started to lose it that could vouch for the fact that it's just water vapor. After a quick explanation she had no qualms whatsoever, she just walked away.

I'm hoping that some of the other managers, when they finally do catch me, are just as understanding. As of right now I'm kind of riding the fact that there are no rules in place against what I'm doing and pleading ignorance if I get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread