Status
Not open for further replies.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I purchased some ST-tank-Carto-SC-XL - 2.0 ohm Single Coil XL tank Cartomizer's and after one day, they flood. Starting off, they work great, but they aren't lasting very long. I don't draw hard on them and wonder if I'm doing something wrong, or this is normal. Maybe I got a bad batch? IF this is normal, then I'll have to say adios to carto's.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Basically there are three main things that can cause a cartomizer in a tank to flood.

1) There may be a small air leak at the tank o-ring.
2) Hole in the carto is too large or numerous for a given juice viscosity. Thin juice works best with one hole, pg/vg blends around 50/50 two holes, and thick mostly vg juice can sometimes need 3 holes.
3) Carto can be bad. Not much you can do about this other than to be sure the airway is clear before wasting juice filling it up. Sometimes it's a mystery to lol.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So far I've only used 1 carto since yesterday but same thing is happening to me. I am taking long pulls rather than hard and fast. I have smok single coil 3.2 ohm 2 hole carto's and I vape 50/50 so as far as I know this should not be happening. UGH!!
I purchased some ST-Tank-Carto-SC-XL - 2.0 ohm Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer's and after one day, they flood. Starting off, they work great, but they aren't lasting very long. I don't draw hard on them and wonder if I'm doing something wrong, or this is normal. Maybe I got a bad batch? IF this is normal, then I'll have to say adios to carto's.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
OK, try this...blow on the connector end (with the carto in place), and hold a parer towel to catch the juice.. Make a point on the towel, and stick into the drip tip.

So far I've only used 1 carto since yesterday but same thing is happening to me. I am taking long pulls rather than hard and fast. I have smok single coil 3.2 ohm 2 hole carto's and I vape 50/50 so as far as I know this should not be happening. UGH!!

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
YUK! Did it work after you blew on the right end?

Do you have a DCT tank with the flanged carto's? You may be getting a little air in around the bottom. I found I had to push down on the tank after putting it on my PV. I could feel it slide down a bit. This fixed a flooding problem I had.

ok did that... of course I blew on the wrong end 1st... all I got to say is ewwwwwwww:facepalm:

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It did for a minute, was time to put more in and it was worse than the 1st time... after a few mouthfuls of juice we decided to change out the carto. Yes it has the flange things and I tried that but it didn't change anything. UGH!! So I just thought of something... When I went to use the tank initially the threads of the Zmax were covering up the air holes so I put on a thread adapter to get air. DO you think that might be causing too much air? How do I combat this, like somewhere in the middle?
YUK! Did it work after you blew on the right end?

Do you have a DCT tank with the flanged carto's? You may be getting a little air in around the bottom. I found I had to push down on the tank after putting it on my PV. I could feel it slide down a bit. This fixed a flooding problem I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread