I want to find the best way for me to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chino82489

Dec 31, 2012
California
So I just recently started vaping and I want to find a good way to do it. I got myself a couple of tanks with 1.5 cartomizers, but I realized that this is probably too much for me. I was thinking of going for atomizers and I am considering the Volcano Inferno Low Res Atty. I want something that will give me great flavor and a mild throat hit. Any suggestions and/or advice would be appreciated.

-Thanks

Itsatushie

Dec 31, 2012
A, A
I am new as well, I really like my eGo T I got the kit so I have 2 of the bigger batteries. I dont know the name of all the parts. It is cigar sized not small like a cigarette. The tank fill lasts me a long time and one of my batteries lasts all day for me. I think I want a bigger variable unit for at home, but for driving and at work this one has been good from me. I dont like that after a few days it seems to get a bit leaky where the tank meets the cartomizer?, but I wash them out (the tank) with hot water using a blunt syringe and let dry then they are good a few more days.

chino82489

Dec 31, 2012
California
I am new as well, I really like my eGo T I got the kit so I have 2 of the bigger batteries. I dont know the name of all the parts. It is cigar sized not small like a cigarette. The tank fill lasts me a long time and one of my batteries lasts all day for me. I think I want a bigger variable unit for at home, but for driving and at work this one has been good from me. I dont like that after a few days it seems to get a bit leaky where the tank meets the cartomizer?, but I wash them out (the tank) with hot water using a blunt syringe and let dry then they are good a few more days.

Yea I have that too. I got mine from madvapes.com. So far no problem from my tanks or cartomizers. But my issue is that I would like a way to try out any flavor I want without having to fill up a whole cartomizer. Something basically just for flavor testing.

TeecaVap

Moved On
Nov 5, 2012
United States
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

chino82489

Dec 31, 2012
California

farlack

Moved On
Dec 31, 2012
florida
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

farlack

Moved On
Dec 31, 2012
florida
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Yes that is the exact one I am looking at. I want to use that. Can I just drop a few drops of juice in these and then swith to another flavor with no problems?

I haven't used the inferno one. I'm a bit concerned they have it listed as 1.5 ohms but then on the site in the description they say its 2.0 ohms.

The Mad Vapes one is cheaper, and you'll need a few. Also Discount Vapers has a good deal on these:
510 Bridgeless Atomizer - 2.0 ohm

If the flavors are similar I just change the flavor. You only need to put a few drops in. But they will need cleaning. Rinse them with hot water, then leave them to dry. When dry, do a dry burn.Dry burning is putting on the ego, firing the button for a few seconds, then resting it for a few seconds. You will see a bit of vapor coming out - that's the gunk burning off. When the coil glows red completely you stop.
Here's a video on dry burning an atty:

I don't recommend clearomizers like the CE3 for drip testing. I've found they often leak after cleaning, and are not worth the hassle. An atty is easier.
You might want to pick up some 510 drip tips too.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
You mean clearomizers? They are a juice delivery system. The best of the bunch right now are the Kanger T3s - which are ego threaded too. Those don't have the leak issues that have plagued other clearomizers.
Then there are bigger tanks based on the clearomizer system. For an ego the Vision mini vivi nova would be the right size. It holds 2.0 ml of liquid. The thing with these is to make sure they are genuine Vision ones, like these, for good quality:
Vision Mini Vivi Nova Tank Clearomizer 2.0ml Kit

A cartomizer uses a filler to soak up the juice. A clearomizer doesn't. They commonly use a wick system.

chino82489

Dec 31, 2012
California
I haven't used the inferno one. I'm a bit concerned they have it listed as 1.5 ohms but then on the site in the description they say its 2.0 ohms.

The Mad Vapes one is cheaper, and you'll need a few. Also Discount Vapers has a good deal on these:
510 Bridgeless Atomizer - 2.0 ohm

If the flavors are similar I just change the flavor. You only need to put a few drops in. But they will need cleaning. Rinse them with hot water, then leave them to dry. When dry, do a dry burn.Dry burning is putting on the ego, firing the button for a few seconds, then resting it for a few seconds. You will see a bit of vapor coming out - that's the gunk burning off. When the coil glows red completely you stop.
Here's a video on dry burning an atty:

I don't recommend clearomizers like the CE3 for drip testing. I've found they often leak after cleaning, and are not worth the hassle. An atty is easier.
You might want to pick up some 510 drip tips too.

So you suggest that if I decided to just drip, to clean it out before switching juice? I'm assuming that's the only way to not mix my flavors then.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
So you suggest that if I decided to just drip, to clean it out before switching juice? I'm assuming that's the only way to not mix my flavors then.

You can try just adding the next juice - if its a similar kind of flavor. You only put in a few drops each time. I just add the next juice sometimes. But yes, you will need to clean it at some point - either between juices or after a few.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
For an ego I'd suggest a 2.0 ohm atty.
If this is the one you looked at it's ok:
INFERNO 1.5 Low Resistance Atomizer
They say its 2.0 ohms. if it's 1.5 its a bit low.

This from Mad Vapes would be ok too:
510 Smok Tech 2.0ohm Atomizer

for liquid testing, don't forget to get a drip tip too. I drip unflavored between flavors I am trying out to help clear the atty of the previous flavor. I only clean my attys when they don't seem to be working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread