DIY Capella

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
On the recommendation of various members of this forum I ordered and received some Capella flavorings. I got:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Double Chocolate
Harvest Berry
Hot Cocoa
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Caramel
Lemon Lime
Snick-Snack
Peaches & Cream
Pina Colada
Fig
Sweet Strawberry
Sweet Tangarine
Vanilla Custard

I just mixed 5mls of each of them up today at 12mg and 60pg/40vg at 10% strength. I gave them all a warm bath and have them up in my cupboard resting.

How long should I let them steep before trying them out? :unsure:

singu

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Croatia-Zagreb
I also got Capella flavours recently and have mixed them at 10% also...i've tried fruits after a day and others 3 days later. This is what i got:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Double Chocolate
Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Cupcake
Horchata
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Peanut Butter
Caramel
Marshmellow
New York Cheesecake
Lemon Meringe Pie
Sweet Strawberry
Raspberry
Coconut
Apricot
Boston Cream Pie

I have to say that they are all vapable, and some are just darn great...I really like Sweet Strawberry, Raspberry, NY Cheesecake, Vanilla Cupcake, Marshmellow and CFB.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
I'd say 10 seconds before trying for the first time.
Maybe 10 minutes before the second try.
Might push that out to 10 hours for the third try.

Adjust as needed...

Well I will resist the lure of the cupboard with the help from some of the NicQuid samples that I got in the mail today. Tomorrow I will have a difficult decision in what to try 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect... :)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Double Chocolate
Harvest Berry
Hot Cocoa
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Caramel
Lemon Lime
Snick-Snack
Peaches & Cream
Pina Colada
Fig
Sweet Strawberry
Sweet Tangarine
Vanilla Custard

I just mixed 5mls of each of them up today at 12mg and 60pg/40vg at 10% strength. I gave them all a warm bath and have them up in my cupboard resting.

You might fight that Chocolate Fudge Brownie to be a little potent at 5%. Personally, 1 drop per 5mls is enough for me :)

Also, you shouldn't have to wait to try out a mix, ever. In fact, unless you don't want to, you should always try out your mixes after a nice firm shake.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
Ok, I have died and gone to heaven.

I was making my coffee this morning and looking at that bottle of Chocolate Fudge Brownie, when the coffee fairy whispered in my ear "wonder how that would taste?"

Well let me tell you it tastes fantastic, OMG. :thumb: I can already tell that a number of my Capella's are going to have to be bought in large 4 oz sizes as they will have multiple roles around our house from now on.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
I was afraid of that. How many drops did you use in a cup?

I used about 6-8 drops in a travel sized coffee mug that holds about 12oz of coffee. Also used a couple of of the Fruits in some Hot Tea and it was equally delicious. Finding that for eating/drinking purposes it is 1-2 drops per ounce of whatever you are mixing into. Have some nice plain Greek Yogurt that is quietly whispering to me that it wants to join in the fun also. I can see a wide variety of uses now for this product in our home. :banana:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I used about 6-8 drops in a travel sized coffee mug that holds about 12oz of coffee. Also used a couple of of the Fruits in some Hot Tea and it was equally delicious. Finding that for eating/drinking purposes it is 1-2 drops per ounce of whatever you are mixing into. Have some nice plain Greek Yogurt that is quietly whispering to me that it wants to join in the fun also. I can see a wide variety of uses now for this product in our home. :banana:

Guess we'll be buying bigger bottles down the road.:) You've got my imagination goin now.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
On the recommendation of various members of this forum I ordered and received some Capella flavorings. I got:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Double Chocolate
Harvest Berry
Hot Cocoa
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Caramel
Lemon Lime
Snick-Snack
Peaches & Cream
Pina Colada
Fig
Sweet Strawberry
Sweet Tangarine
Vanilla Custard

Well I ended up bumping all the fruit flavors up to 20% and adding 1 drop of sweetner per ml and now they are pretty tasty.

The Chocolates were all tasting like dark chocolate so added 1% vanilla custard to all of them and 1 drop sweetner per ml and they are steeping again for a couple of days.

Most of the use around here seems to have been in coffee, tea, yogurt and a few other things. Pretty tasty have to order some bigger bottles of a few of these flavors. :2cool:

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
Does the cream pie have any diacetyl? I really like the vanilla custard but do not vape it much because it does have a trace of diacetyl.
From their website:
Capella Flavor Drops for e-liquid Use (DIY)

Our Flavors are Food Grade Flavorings , and are DIACETYL FREE.

NoFez

Jul 9, 2011
Iowa
The Chocolates were all tasting like dark chocolate so added 1% vanilla custard to all of them and 1 drop sweetner per ml and they are steeping again for a couple of days.
Try mixing some Chocolate Fudge Brownie at 6-7%. I find that at 10% it's pretty bittersweet, but at 6% it's smooth. Or put another way, at 10% it tastes like dark fudge with a hint of milk chocolate, while at 6% it tastes like sweet milk chocolate with a hint of fudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread