doctor reffering patients to vapor4life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fetasigma

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
kentucky
hey i am new to the forum, and i am a physician in kentucky. I recently kicked a 12 year, pack a day smoking habbit with the aid of vaping in 2 days. like many of my patients i had tried wellbutrin, chantix, patches, gum and the losanges to no affect. I have been sending patients, staff, and family alike to get everyone i know to start who hasnt been able to quit using other means. i originally bought another kit, but have since switched to vapor4life as i think you all have the best kits and customer service out there. I just want you to know what life savers you all will be.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
fetasigma, Welcome to The vapor 4 Life forum and to ECF!
You are truly doing a good thing! My Dr. hasn't weighed in yet, but as a lifelong non-smoker, she doesn't understand how hard quitting really is..on a personal, not clinical level. She says she will wait and see if I "really" quit before reccomending E-cigs. :rolleyes:
As a 37 year smoker, I can tell you E-Cigs made quitting bearable..but Vapor Kings made it enjoyable! I am nearly 8 months without a single analog and it has been amazing. E-Cigs may not be for everyone, but at least they can say they tried.

Keep up the good work!

fetasigma

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
kentucky
the majority of people and patients that i am recomeding this to have tried usually multiple alternative methods and failed. I am not brining this up to anyone that has not tried any other methods, i am using it also in conjuction with smoking cessation class that we have locally, but the mental health profesionals over there havent yet begun to appreciate my efforts.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
Wow wish there were more Doctors like you! Can't believe how the FDA approves Chantix with all the horrible side effects and won't give ecigs a chance.
Keep up the good work Doc!
PS- I smoked for almost 40 years and never intended to quit when I started vaping, it just happened and I am so glad :)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
As far as I know, my doctor hasn't started referring them, but he sure like the changes in me.
I still get a kick out of how he just had to hold my mini after I showed it to him, and how he had to show it to another doctor.
I bet he ask about it the next time I'm there.
And, welcome doc, wish there was a ton more like you.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Can we get this post confirmed, whether publicly or through a moderator in private?

The physician could either post where his or her details might be found online or he or she could contact a moderator and let them check to see if they are legit.

I don't mean to be rude but this might not be a real physician.

Colin, I don't believe you are being rude.
The misspellings of "referring" "habit" and "lozenge" in the OP had me curious as well, but that's just me. I don't trust anyone...LOL...

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Wow wish there were more Doctors like you! Can't believe how the FDA approves Chantix with all the horrible side effects and won't give ecigs a chance.
Keep up the good work Doc!
PS- I smoked for almost 40 years and never intended to quit when I started vaping, it just happened and I am so glad :)

+1, same exact story here.

I hope you will have some significant influence with your colleagues, Doc - this thing gave me willpower I never had before.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
just because i have an MD behind my name, doesn't mean i am the best speller in the world. usually i dictate, not type and my best grades were always in math and science. but if you really want to know my name is Abraham Galloway and my practice is in madisonville, kentucky. google it if you want.

Most MDs I know don't have a problem with their spelling, they have a problem with their handwriting...:lol::lol::lol:

The silver lining is: you spelled the drugs right...:lol::lol::lol:

crmartin

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Western NY

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
After thirteen years, I dropped smoking instantaneously upon receipt. I'm curious if you have any opinion on body chemistry changes esp. PH: LA buildup, ADR related to acidosis? I've noticed some mild to moderate ADR in myself over this last week related to body chemistry change.

I certainly don't think it has the horrendous potential of the toxins in cigarette smoke, but I admit I'm curious about potential longterm effects if not used as a short-term cessation aid. Devil you know vis ...

To be clear: I'm not asking you for medical advice, merely learned discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread