Status
Not open for further replies.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
:laugh:

So I ordered a black and purple sparkly VV tonight. And a reomizer, and wire, and wick, and replacement screws, and a couple o rings. I think I got it all covered! Oh and batteries, too from RTD.

You all were right. I remember last year when I got my first mini. "You'll get another," you said. I doubted it. I figured one would be enough. Six months later, I ordered a second mini. Now about six months after that, I've got a VV on the way! Y'all just need to give me the winning lottery numbers, too, since you know so much and are so good at prognostication! :D

Now it's just a waiting game until vape mail arrives.

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
congratulations_comment_25-fcc9bb153b68d30f2f048c85955cc022.jpg

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Okay, so I'm finally back with a picture and some comments.

First, the pic! I tried my best to show the sparklies in the purple. It is just beautiful! I also love the black anodized body. The picture doesn't show my reomizer. I didn't get around to that until today.

Okay, comments.

Yesterday when the VVReo arrived, I just slapped on a boge atty. Oh, my... it hits well! But there is a definite learning curve compared to my two minis. I'm used to the minis and blind squonking. There is no such way to do this with the VV. I can't tell how much I have fed it. I did read on another thread about the 2 second squonk. That helped and it works for me.

So, today I ventured into the reomizer. I used Rob's set up for a couple hours. Loved it! But then it quit firing. I had previously taken it apart to check it out as I am new to RBAs, and I'm suspecting I didn't get things repositioned just right. I also was careful not to overtighten it, but did find on one occasion that loosening the atomizer a bit more resulted in it working again. But that wasn't always the case when I was trouble-shooting.

So tonight I goofed around and rebuilt a coil. It worked and then it quit. *sigh* Took things apart, fiddled a bit, same thing. Worked, then didn't. More fiddling, and then some more after that. Adjusting the coils, the legs that go through the posts, the height of the coil itself, etc. I think I've finally got it working now and working consistently.

I love the reomizer. Very good flavor and huge plumes of vapor. It's so damn quiet! :ohmy: Tomorrow I'm going to get some cotton for the wick and a few other helpful things. If someone can refresh my memory on where to buy Kanthal 32, I'd appreciate it! Then I should be good to go.

With the working not working bit, It happened with Rob's set up, too. That's why I wound up making a new coil so quickly. Not sure exactly what the problem was, but I adjusted the wick, the coil, the "legs" that go through the posts, all kinds of things. And finally it's been consistent. I've read all the threads here about the reomizer and VV, so if anyone has helpful suggestions for me so things go smoother the next time around, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, one other thing. This thing is hefty and quite large compared to my minis! :laugh:

All in all, I love the VV and reomizer.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 42

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine

First, the pic! I tried my best to show the sparklies in the purple. It is just beautiful! I also love the black anodized body. The picture doesn't show my reomizer. I didn't get around to that until today.

Okay, comments.

Yesterday when the VVReo arrived, I just slapped on a boge atty. Oh, my... it hits well! But there is a definite learning curve compared to my two minis. I'm used to the minis and blind squonking. There is no such way to do this with the VV. I can't tell how much I have fed it. I did read on another thread about the 2 second squonk. That helped and it works for me.

So, today I ventured into the reomizer. I used Rob's set up for a couple hours. Loved it! But then it quit firing. I had previously taken it apart to check it out as I am new to RBAs, and I'm suspecting I didn't get things repositioned just right. I also was careful not to overtighten it, but did find on one occasion that loosening the atomizer a bit more resulted in it working again. But that wasn't always the case when I was trouble-shooting.

So tonight I goofed around and rebuilt a coil. It worked and then it quit. *sigh* Took things apart, fiddled a bit, same thing. Worked, then didn't. More fiddling, and then some more after that. Adjusting the coils, the legs that go through the posts, the height of the coil itself, etc. I think I've finally got it working now and working consistently.

I love the reomizer. Very good flavor and huge plumes of vapor. It's so damn quiet! :ohmy: Tomorrow I'm going to get some cotton for the wick and a few other helpful things. If someone can refresh my memory on where to buy Kanthal 32, I'd appreciate it! Then I should be good to go.

With the working not working bit, It happened with Rob's set up, too. That's why I wound up making a new coil so quickly. Not sure exactly what the problem was, but I adjusted the wick, the coil, the "legs" that go through the posts, all kinds of things. And finally it's been consistent. I've read all the threads here about the reomizer and VV, so if anyone has helpful suggestions for me so things go smoother the next time around, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, one other thing. This thing is hefty and quite large compared to my minis! :laugh:

Congrats on the new mod I new the size would take some getting use to . Keep in mind if you turn the voltage up to high on a low ohm atomizer it wont fire . This could very well be what was happening with the rba . The metallic mods are beautiful but so hard to photo basically impossible to show what they really look like

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Thanks, Rob. I've tried adjusting it, but I can't figure why it works then doesn't. When it doesn't, I do adjust it. But it just doesn't fire. It just happened again right after my last post. So I opened it up and couldn't see what the problem might be. But when I metered it, it was metering at over 10! When I first wrapped it and metered it before it was about 2.5. The coil isn't broken. So I adjusted the legs through the posts again, and now it works but metered about 6. It seems every time I meter this I get something different.

I am very new to this. On my reomizer when I unscrew the bottom to open it up, there is often a gap between the base the posts are on and the gasket and the base that screws into the reo. Is it supposed to be like that? It's not solidly seated. I can't think of what else might be causing this.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks, Rob. I've tried adjusting it, but I can't figure why it works then doesn't. When it doesn't, I do adjust it. But it just doesn't fire. It just happened again right after my last post. So I opened it up and couldn't see what the problem might be. But when I metered it, it was metering at over 10! When I first wrapped it and metered it before it was about 2.5. The coil isn't broken. So I adjusted the legs through the posts again, and now it works but metered about 6. It seems every time I meter this I get something different.

I am very new to this. On my reomizer when I unscrew the bottom to open it up, there is often a gap between the base the posts are on and the gasket and the base that screws into the reo. Is it supposed to be like that? It's not solidly seated. I can't think of what else might be causing this.
You can use a regular screw driver and adjust the screw on the bottom of the atomizer this will tighten the atty up . I would try a quarter turn . The center post threads into the base

lazyymatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas
You can buy wires from RTD...but as I'm writing this I feel like they might actually be sold out of the 32 gauge wires... I mean you could just get the 30 and wrap more right =)

Through Jan's recommendation I picked up the DMC 5 Pearle cotton embroidery threads from Michaels and I am loving it so far. BUT I HIGHLY suggest you boil it because the initial cotton taste bothered me like crazy! I boiled it for 10 minutes two times using fresh water each time and let it dry for like a day (it didn't even take that long actually...) and now I get clean flavor right off the bat.

In response to your changing ohms... that did happen to me a couple times... but it seemed to only do that if I messed with the coils like shifting it or moving it around. How many coils did you make with the wire?

Okay, comments.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
You can buy wires from RTD...but as I'm writing this I feel like they might actually be sold out of the 32 gauge wires... I mean you could just get the 30 and wrap more right =)

Through Jan's recommendation I picked up the DMC 5 Pearle cotton embroidery threads from Michaels and I am loving it so far. BUT I HIGHLY suggest you boil it because the initial cotton taste bothered me like crazy! I boiled it for 10 minutes two times using fresh water each time and let it dry for like a day (it didn't even take that long actually...) and now I get clean flavor right off the bat.

In response to your changing ohms... that did happen to me a couple times... but it seemed to only do that if I messed with the coils like shifting it or moving it around. How many coils did you make with the wire?

Changing ohms, glad I'm not the only one! Thought I was nuts! And thanks for all the help. I will definitely check into RTD for wire (I did get 3 feet from Rob, so I'm okay for a while. Just planning ahead.) And I want to try cotton. I'm not too fond of working with the silica. I will make a note of that thread and preboil for sure. I'm going out tonight to see what I can find. Thanks so much Matt!

Oh, on the initial wrap that kept changing I think I did about 5 wraps. It's been working since the last snafu last night, so I don't want to open it and ruin my luck right now! :laugh: It's even kept working after the REO fell off my low computer table onto the hardwood floor. :ohmy: I haven't looked closely, but I suspect the REO dented the floor. This thing is a tank! :laugh:

You can use a regular screw driver and adjust the screw on the bottom of the atomizer this will tighten the atty up . I would try a quarter turn . The center post threads into the base

Oh! I don't think I even noticed that. I will definitely check that when I open it again. Thanks so much for the help.

I do love this thing. It's so quiet and that is taking some getting used to. It certainly pours out the vapor and flavor! I'm betting my problems mostly stem from noob user error. This is a whole 'nother ballgame and I gotta learn the rules. :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
One more thing to check....and I haven't specifically noticed it on my Reomizer, but it's happened: Sometimes the holes in the legs where you put the wire are a little rough or something....anyway, when you tighten the screws down, the screws or the edge of the hole in the leg....something will cut the wire and it won't be making a good connection. Now I'm very careful to not tighten any of the screws down too tightly just in case there's a barb or something that will clip the wire. Seems to work better. I've had a couple of coils/wicks that were just perfect until I screwed them on too tightly....one side just broke. Just a thought.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK

OT: Matt, I finally got your cotton wick samples in the mail! Sorry. You can try them all, but you'll probably still like the DMC-5 best....I do.
-Jan-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread