Positive side effects of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I believe it is important to know the positive effects of giving up analogs, as encouragment to us all. It could also serve as encouragement to those who ghost-read these forums who are considering kicking the habbit, as well as reinforcement that we are doing the right thing by vaping.

I can breathe better, smell better, sleep better (reduced snoring). I feel more energetic (aside from being stuck to this forum) and I'm looking forward to enjoying a longer and healthier life.

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
I can smell everything now! It's good and bad because everything in my house smells like an ashtray. I couldn't smell worth a lick before! Funny, because my dog is sitting next to me panting near my face and it's about to make me sick..lol. He needs some doggie gum or something! Couldn't smell that before! I'm LOVING me some scented candles too now that I can really smell them :).

I'm starting to be able to breathe better. I don't feel sick and have that yuck feeling in the mornings from smoking too many cigs the night before. I just feel overall more healthy :). My body isn't cursing me for stuffing 2 packs worth of cigarette smoke down it each day.

Texas

Dec 31, 2008
TEXAS!
I've only been vaping now for about 33 hours..(not constant even though my wife thinks I am) She and I started at the same time and quit at the same time yesterday.. It was actually kind of funny.. she had the last analog and we shared it together while we opened our boxes and put everything together..

I think my sense of smell is getting better... I haven't been able to smell for almost 26yrs... My wife today told me that my hands don't smell like smoke anymore...lol

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Congrats to the both of you Tex! Be prepared because there's all sorts of new smells you'll pick up that you didn't before. Some good, some bad. All the non-smokers I know must of been very polite w/me before..lol. I just plain couldn't smell anything, so I thought a little Febreeze was covering it all up. Boy was I wrong! Like your avatar btw ;).

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Thank you for the congrats and the avatar liking.. :)
As for the smells.. I'm getting scared..lol It's been so long and actually spicy food is starting to be spicy all of a sudden when I could use to eat habaneros like it was nothing... lol

eep! I hope that last part isn't true. we cook with habaneros a lot in this house. I have yet to since starting vaping though. Imma scared now...

oh and gabby, that dog breath thing - soooo true! my little girl's breath is kicking! my boyfriend says it doesn't smell any worse than usual but I'm now brushing her teeth twice a day instead of just once. haha.

Foxy

I think I feel better, I have not had an analog since 2ND week in Dec. and have been vapin and snusin since then, and have been vapin on and off for about a month before that. but I have a constant cough, sore throat and sore lungs from coughing. I have rad a cpl articles on quiting smoking and it says it could be from quiting smoking, they say most feel like crap for the first year. they do not tell you that when you quit smoking

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I can smell everything now! It's good and bad because everything in my house smells like an ashtray. I couldn't smell worth a lick before! Funny, because my dog is sitting next to me panting near my face and it's about to make me sick..lol. He needs some doggie gum or something! Couldn't smell that before! I'm LOVING me some scented candles too now that I can really smell them :).

I'm starting to be able to breathe better. I don't feel sick and have that yuck feeling in the mornings from smoking too many cigs the night before. I just feel overall more healthy :). My body isn't cursing me for stuffing 2 packs worth of cigarette smoke down it each day.

There is a product called www.petzlife.com that is a "natural" treatment for breaking down tartar & does wonders for bad breath! We use it on our dogs and it works great.. just a couple of sprays in the mouth with or without brushing. :D

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
I started vaping at Christmas time and since then I've had a lot more energy

i wish i could say that. well, in a way, I can. I feel more awake when I'm awake but I sleep an awful lot now. I was used to getting 4 to 5 hours of sleep and now I've been sleeping the recommended 6-8. I guess that's a good thing but I feel like I'm sleeping my life away...

Foxy

Texas

Dec 31, 2008
TEXAS!
i wish i could say that. well, in a way, I can. I feel more awake when I'm awake but I sleep an awful lot now. I was used to getting 4 to 5 hours of sleep and now I've been sleeping the recommended 6-8. I guess that's a good thing but I feel like I'm sleeping my life away...

Foxy

I'm kind of like you.. When I sleep.. I want to sleep now.. but only after a few tosses and turns throughout the night.. I wake up a couple of times.. but then after that I am out and don't want to get up when I have to take my son to school... Then I nap for a couple of hours around noon.. and then I sleep good and don't want to wake up...

Thank goodness my wife and I work from home..lol This maybe from going back to school and not having to worry when to get up while they were out on vacation... not sure will keep it updated.. it's only their 3rd day back.. so to soon to really tell.. But I do kind of feel more tired than normal..

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I know what you guys mean about sleeping more. It's always been my biggest side effect from quitting analogs and taking in lower doses of nicotine as with patches and inhaler. I believe it's our bodies adjusting to those lower doses. And yes, I do think we get less vaping than analogs, (have read here that it's 1/9 th of regular cigs.) unless we get a mouthfull of liquid. At any rate, I think we'll get through it and be much better for it in the long run.

Hang in there and focus on the positive!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Nitewriter: All sources of nicotine in vapor come from the same researcher, Dr. Murray Laugesen of Health New Zealand. On a home page of that organization's Web site, he says each inhalation of vapor provides half the nicotine of a cigarette puff. In his initial report from his clinical trial, he says each inhalation is one-fifth that of a cigarette. In an email to the Australians on their ban, he now says it is 9%.

I made an error in saying one-ninth. IT IS LESS than one-ninth, according to his latest post. Now, you can believe whichever figure you want, and Kate can believe whatever figure she wants. But I'm sourcing it for you.

Whichever it is, it isn't equal to a cigarette. In my experience, not even close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread