I found the mother ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
I went on a little business trip to Chicago this week and, of course, contacted Steve & Mark to ask if I could come for a visit. As you would expect from reading their posts, they immediately welcomed me.

Steve really is a man on a mission and he has recruited an army to help him. You can't sit in the room with him without feeling his passion to help people to get off the cigs.

He is all about making all of his products perfect and keeping us happy (even the PITA customers). While I was there, I couldn't help but hear little bits of a few telephone conversations with customers. What little I heard (trying hard NOT to eavesdrop), was genuine concern and a desire to help.

He was full of stories about things that have happened, are happening and what he has planned. One of those is his ideas for a battery mod that will be a dead cinch to rock our vaping world.

He reminded me several times to bring my camera in from the car, but I was having too much fun visiting & walking around the candy store. Of course, I'm kicking myself now. :oops:

Mark is as warm, friendly, and funny as anyone I've ever met. By the time I left, I felt like we'd been friends for years. I was not aware that his wife, Christie had been "roped" into helping. It seems that ever since she came down for a visit in November, she has been asked to come back every day. She's a very sweet girl and, like everyone else, works her tail off.

I didn't get to spend much time with Mariano because he was so busy, but he was very friendly too.

I was also introduced to Melanie and Bill. There truly is a family atmosphere there and I was instantly accepted as part of that family.

As I walked around looking at everything on the shelves, it seemed like I was always standing in someone's way. They were all running around and filling orders like crazy. I think Mark said they filled 150 orders that day, which is a lot for a Thursday.

After a while, I had to ask Mark for a piece of paper, so I could write down what I wanted. I spent way more money than I intended to, but I'm not a bit sorry. Of course, they still thew in a few extras even though I told them I wasn't there for freebies. It's just the SMILIN way of doing business.

I want to thank the entire V4L team for the warm welcome. I really enjoyed my visit and hope I wasn't too much of an imposition. I stayed longer than I intended, but I was having too much fun. It really felt like home.

Bob

Justin Credible

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
DFW
I wouldn't expect a story about visiting with these guys/gals to go any different. You can tell by their posts here that they're not only great business people, but great people in general.

I've been tempted to order from other sites but just can't bring myself to because I just want to support a business like this. It's much like how I can get my groceries cheaper at wal mart but I drive right past it to an albertsons or, if I have the time, out to a locally owned grocery store.

Great story sir, and thank you very much for sharing.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Pawpaw, I wanted to spill the beans since you were there that we had met the great Pawpaw. But I knew you'd get around to it eventually. It is very cool to meet customers from here and actually talk to them, laugh with them, etc. I only wish we had more time. I can't comment on any battery mods as the ideas are really just ideas at this point, but Steve is not a man to mess around. It truly was great to have you stop by, and we would welcome any of you other wonderful people with open arms. And yeah Christie (my wife) did get roped in to working with us, but she has loved every minute.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Thank you Mark, but I think "great" is taking it a bit far! ;)

Like everything with you guys, you exceeded my expectation. I had a truly wonderful time. I don't know when I'll get another opportunity but be sure I'll ask for another visit if I do!

kickitback, would that be from my USAF days?

You don't even have to ask, you've got the open invite. Just give me or Steve a call and we'll make time for you.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
On a side note, I'm trying to get Christie to sign up for the forum so she can share in the fun. She reads here a lot, just to find out what I'm laughing about. But she has been too shy to sign up and post yet.

It would be great if Christie would get on here!

You've got a great wife, by the way. Tell her to come on in, the water's fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread