What's the best RBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
there is no best, and the classifieds will back that up. what someone consders best is someone elses sale item. you have to find what suits you.

Fantastic answer. Very true. The only piece of advice that I can give you Vincent is to start small and cheap at first. As Thrasher put it, a $130 to over $200 genesis atomizer doesn't mean squat if you don't like.

If you are willing, PM me your full address and I will send you, free of charge, a mini DID (original by Jim). Vapes like a monster, awesome size to go out with, and very well made.

Let me know. Trust me, you won't owe me anything.

Take care,

Nic

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
This is subjective to what kind of draw you like for the most part.With that in mind my favorites are my Cobra, lavagen inserts and the spheroid.The spheroid V2 is awsome if you want something that you don't want to worry about it leaking they hit and taste great easy to rebuild.The lavagen and cobra are also the type of draw i prefer over other but anyy geni type is gonna have a leake issue if nt upright if your wick works wright it can leake out the air hole witch they all have.Leakege could be minamal.

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
More discussion on this, please?
I'm also very interested. I want to have at least one mesh device. As it look now, it's too much work? Torch needed, possibility of leaking is much higher.
I'm leaning towards getting only genesis that has option to regulate air intake. I've got hefty amount that is really wasted, items that ended up in trash... so I'm very interested in this thread :)
Aga-T+ vs Fooggati. The latter looks much better, on picture, but does it back up 150$ difference? Or, say even spheroid?
Rebuilding seems identical in all of them...
So, lets say if I am to pick only from devices with adjustable air draw, I'll be getting same performance from any atty?

Symmetry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Oregon, USA
I use my DUD when I'm out (though I drip at home), and I love it. However, I'm waiting on my Terminator clone to come in the mail, and that's VERY highly regarded. So that might be my new favorite.

My advice: try a cheap Genesis style RBA first - maybe an AGA-T+. If that doesn't do it for you, sell it on classifieds or keep it and buy a Terminator/Nautilus.

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
More discussion on this, please?
I'm also very interested. I want to have at least one mesh device. As it look now, it's too much work? Torch needed, possibility of leaking is much higher.
I'm leaning towards getting only genesis that has option to regulate air intake. I've got hefty amount that is really wasted, items that ended up in trash... so I'm very interested in this thread :)
Aga-T+ vs Fooggati. The latter looks much better, on picture, but does it back up 150$ difference? Or, say even spheroid?
Rebuilding seems identical in all of them...
So, lets say if I am to pick only from devices with adjustable air draw, I'll be getting same performance from any atty?

DiNet, Symmetry nailed it. Here : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/364329-aga-t.html <<<<<<< nevermind, lol. Just noticed it that you were already aware of this sub. My apologies.

Excellent Genesis RBA, cheap, and IMHO very nice looking. You need an adjustable air draw ? No problem, cut a piece of tape and partially block the air intake. I used to use a section of a cut carto condom to same effect. I heard tremendous success stories from users of the Aga-t, and with the second version around the corner, it seems like a win-win choice for you.

As mentioned by Speeddemon, the Spheroid is an excellent RBA. Flavor is out of this freaking world ! I didn't get along with mine because I'm a dripper at heart. Me and my spheroid didn't get along too well in the dripping department. Setup on a Spheroid is one of the easiest out there. I also think the Spheroid looks absolutely gorgeous.

Another option, if you are into silica is the new Killer 705. Beautiful piece of engineering :)

Take care,

Nic

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
...........I'm also very interested. I want to have at least one mesh device. As it look now, it's too much work? Torch needed, possibility of leaking is much higher.......

Once you've done it a few times, it goes pretty quick. If you use the Petar K method, you just flame the mesh to 'set' it. A lighter will work just fine (I use a charcoal lighter) or anything that will produce a blue flame. The Gen 1 (did clone) I have from COV will leak but it's not a problem for me--I just keep it upright.

As far as the draw goes, if you know what you like already, you might not have to limit yourself to an adjustable draw device. Most reviews will tell you what the draw is like. The draw on my dud is similar to a 510 atty, also similar to a regular filter ciggy.

Petar K Thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-unoxidized-hot-spot-free-cleanable-coil.html

For a sure fire way to set it up, you can put a little wisp of cotton at the top as shown in this video. Start it at about 1:30 to see what he's doing. Mesh/Cotton hybrid wick Bluegrasslover's method - YouTube

I have another Gen 1 coming in from COV, and I'm going to try the spin-E setup with it, as shown in this picture, except I'm not going to enlarge any holes, and just drip to test it out. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nt-cottons-different-wicks-7.html#post8220059

Another note about the spin-E setup. If set up like in the picture, I don't see how it could leak at all.

Last edited:

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
Thanks for replies. I've ordered week ago Fahrenheit from gotvapes, dripping and silica RBA to cover that part of vaping :)
Reading all the time how great mesh is made me put genesis rba into "must have" section. Spheroid is OOS, like many others... Was impressed with foggatti, but again out of stock with campers... and of course the price...
My biggest issue is to decide what way to go. Cheap or blow out some cash on high-end?
Seems to me I'll start with aga-t+ since all those high-end devices are oos anyway :)
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread