Aluminum bottom feeder box mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have never had any of the others, so I can't say anything good or bad about them. I do have a REO 1849 Mini 2.0, and I will say that anyone would be hard pressed to match it's build quality. It's really a quality piece of workmanship. And, this thing is almost as convenient to use as a carto tank with the flavor that only your favorite atomizer can produce.
    http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Last edited:

Boothvilleboi

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2011
    Boothville Louisiana
    I can honestly say if your serious about a bottom feeder, than a reo is the only way i would go. I have a lavatube and have the nice tank/carto setup. Doesnt compare to bottom feeding. Im not sure about any other aluminum bottom feeders. Rob has a lot of patents out on his works of art. If you only want to check out bottom feeding than i think old goat makes some still. But as for my reo it has been the most consistant hassle free vaping ever. Its a tank. And the grand is one mod he usually has in stock. Idk about anyone else making bottom feeders.

frazz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I can honestly say if your serious about a bottom feeder, than a reo is the only way i would go. I have a lavatube and have the nice tank/carto setup. Doesnt compare to bottom feeding. Im not sure about any other aluminum bottom feeders. Rob has a lot of patents out on his works of art. If you only want to check out bottom feeding than i think old goat makes some still. But as for my reo it has been the most consistant hassle free vaping ever. Its a tank. And the grand is one mod he usually has in stock. Idk about anyone else making bottom feeders.

How pocketable is the grand? Size and leakage wise. Have seen people talk about no leakage, but is that possible with juice sitting in a well prior to being sucked into the atomizer? Does a drip shield work and or help?

Last edited:

Boothvilleboi

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2011
    Boothville Louisiana
    Ive carried my grand around evrywhere. It doesnt leak,most unused juice gets sucked back into the bottle. Ive dropped it on the concrete, in the sand and even in mud. You can wash it in the sink because its pure mechanical. I can promise you you will be 100% happy with it. And if you arent somebody will buy it in the classifieds. Im actually about to purchase a woodvil VV. Not because im tired of the grand, but because his mods are so genius that i will never own another kind. Its made all my other mods useless.

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Boston
    Ive carried my grand around evrywhere. It doesnt leak,most unused juice gets sucked back into the bottle. Ive dropped it on the concrete, in the sand and even in mud. You can wash it in the sink because its pure mechanical. I can promise you you will be 100% happy with it. And if you arent somebody will buy it in the classifieds. Im actually about to purchase a woodvil VV. Not because im tired of the grand, but because his mods are so genius that i will never own another kind. Its made all my other mods useless.

I could not have said it better myself. I have many different mods. The reo is the one I could not go without. They simply work! Flawlessly

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

frazz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island

How about size... I hate to do this, but minus the atomizer, how does it compare to a pack of regular cigs.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    I've been carrying my REO Grand in my pocket much of the day for over 2 years. Shirt pocket works fine if you're careful bending over not to let it slip out, but I often carry it in my jeans, too. Back when I used to run 306's on it, there would occasionally be some juice in the well, but with a carto or my Chalice RBA it is always dry. I have given this thing a beating and it has never let me down.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    Here's a pic I took the day I got my Grand, next to a pack of Marlboro's:

dscn1645.jpg

I still have that cigarette pack - it's from Sweden ;-)

candimccann

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2012
    Lenexa, KS, US
    www.youtube.com
    I am sure I will get these names wrong, and off hand I don't remember the makers either. These are metal, unsure of metal type.

The Billet Box

The Groove and The Smooth

I also think that GLV has an add-on that turns it into a bottom or top feeder.

NotCigs makes the VVPV

On YouTube, do a search for GeekGirlVaper, she's got a bunch of feeder mods.

I've got a Reo VV Grand, and I love this thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread