The New Atomic Cinnacide

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Between me and Lana we probably mixed 500 bottles of liquid trying to reproduce A/C using different cinnamon oils from around the world (some are so freaking day and night different you wouldn't believe it). I think we finally have a winner. This is not dead on exactly the same as the original, but it hands down the closest liquid to atomic fireball candy I have ever tasted. It'll be introduced along with B/C very shortly.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
For AC, we're still subject to using the same cinnamon from Lorann's as from all of the cinnamon oils/flavors we've auditioned since the Lorann's "switch", it was STILL the cinnamon that would best suit that recipe, we just needed to find a way to knock the Eugenol Acetate flavor out of there. This, I believe, has been accomplished.

We still use a little of the Lorann's cinnamon in the new Burmanii (formerly known as Geoff's Blend).

Sarlen

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Iowa
I have to admit I was scared to death of the prospect of a "new" AC. I have been vaping AC nearly exclusively since early 2010 and it was with horror that I found out it was going to change. I received my order of AC today and with no steep time I am pleasantly surprised at how good it is. I think it’s closer to a cinnamon fireball candy now than before. Jeff & co..good job, love it!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey we were scared too. When a flavorist changes something and says nothing and suddenly a whole slew of recipes on our end aren't up to par and we're wondering what we did only to discover that a flavorist pulled a whammy on us and their attitude is that of "oh yeah, well, that's how it will be from now on, deal with it" we getting feeling angry, helpless......but then we get resourceful.

And believe me, we don't want to lose our two BEST-SELLING liquids. That would kill us. So, we either have to deal them out completely or find a way to make it work. We've had to do the latter. AC has been modified to mask that clove flavor and Geoff's Blend (RIP) will become the new Burmanii recipe.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
NP.....I'm still waiting to see the posts on the other forums where we're getting accused of just pulling it off and making an excuse to drives sales up. (We've gotten that crap before). But I hope I'm wrong. Guys, we've been, still are, and will continue to be, as transparent as possible and up front with you about what's going on.

We won't pull a Lorann's on you and say "oh yeah, that's how it's going to be from now on, get used to it".

People have grown to love a great deal of our products and we would never just switch something out without notifying you all here, on Facebook, or if need be by email, of the necessity or the reason why we'd be making changes.

Bman.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Missouri
I was about to make my usual AC order but am thinking about branching out to Burmanii. What doubler are you supposed to mix with that? I don't see a Burmanii... should I use AC doubler to mix this down?

I will still try AC (new blend). I have been vapping it for 3.5 years now. My favorite by a long shot. Every time I try something new, I come right back to AC. Hmm.

Bman.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It's going to be hit or miss with a lot of people now. And it still irritates me to this day why Lorann's needed to fix something that was CLEARLY not broken. But like us, they have their own business model and reasons for doing what they do.

However, having spent over $80,000 on them last year, I would have expected better treatment when I called about my concern of the new cinnamon tasting like clove, that they just came clean about the matter rather than handing me a lie stating nothing had changed until AFTER I handed them the GC analysis I did on their stuff, which CLEARLY showed a sudden 2% content of Eugenol Acetate.

But, we did what we could to bleed out that clove edge as much as we could with the cinnamon in the AC. It's not exactly the same, and I hate making exceptions like this for what has been hands-down our best seller, but at least we've been up front with all of you about not only the dilemma, but the solution.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
It's going to be hit or miss with a lot of people now. And it still irritates me to this day why Lorann's needed to fix something that was CLEARLY not broken. But like us, they have their own business model and reasons for doing what they do.

However, having spent over $80,000 on them last year, I would have expected better treatment when I called about my concern of the new cinnamon tasting like clove, that they just came clean about the matter rather than handing me a lie stating nothing had changed until AFTER I handed them the GC analysis I did on their stuff, which CLEARLY showed a sudden 2% content of Eugenol Acetate.

But, we did what we could to bleed out that clove edge as much as we could with the cinnamon in the AC. It's not exactly the same, and I hate making exceptions like this for what has been hands-down our best seller, but at least we've been up front with all of you about not only the dilemma, but the solution.

Hello Geoff! I know this might sound really crazy but you seem to really know this business well. You have grown considerably in the past 3 years. Is it even possible you might eventually make your own flavorings. This would solve a ton of problems as you would be able to perfect your own flavors without being dependent on other companies. I know this may be a extremely large undertaking. But knowing you, I think it is possible for you.

CV

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Gonna be very honest here. We know our way around flavorings, but we don't know diddly about making flavorings. Our operation as it is, is extremely labor intensive as everything is hands-on and done by people, not machinery. We don't have inflated prices, our electronics aren't marked up all that much, so we don't make a ton of money like a lot of the other ecig/eliquid people do.

Manufacturing our own flavors would take a TON of research, a ton of equipment, chemists, which all take a ton of money that we don't have....So, we're pretty content to let other people make the flavors because that's just really not our forte.

Darth Bill

Apr 7, 2010
Phoenix
Still vaping the AC. I did not know of the change until I got my last order and at first I thought it was my tastes had changed or I got an "off" batch. There is a hint of a chemical aftertaste, can't quite put my finger on it but it is not the same glorious goodness of before. It's still vapable and I plan on finishing the bottle but it is no longer my ADV and that makes me a sad panda.

RickH

Feb 4, 2012
NC
I'm really disappointed with the "new" Atomic Cinnacide, it doesn't compare with previous. I had traded with a fellow vaper who thought it was too strong, but I thought it was great. The sample size had a born on date of 1/25/2013, it was great I thought. I mixed with Apple Pie mix and loved it so much I decided to order a 4oz doubler. Now that I have the doubler there is no comparison, so weak I can hardly detect the cinnamon. It is also much lighter in color and has a milky look rather than the transparent amber look of the previous bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread