Gallon of pg and gallon of vg..$48

Status
Not open for further replies.

yowamushi

Dec 12, 2012
Columbus, OH
It may be OK for making glycerin soap but I won't vape anything that doesn't have USP on the label and an expiration date.

They have on file on the site certificates of analysis for the pg and vg and both say they are USP as it says on the label. This source has been mentioned before I've seen it several times and while I haven't bought from them myself the reports I hear are positive.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Ya know I have some serious difficulties about this place (and anybody that restricts their shipping to UPS).

They have screamin' deals on smaller amounts of PG, which is what I was looking for. But A bottle of PG for a few bucks and then they want you to spend 14 or 15 bucks (OR MORE) because of stupid UPS ?

I don't know why these businesses blow off customers that don't want to spend more than 20 or more than 50 bucks at a time. I sent a little note to them about this and they very patronizingly told me to urinate up a rope and enjoy the rain.

In the body of their letter they stated that if I wanted smaller quantities then they sell on Amazon and ebay. I went to Amazon and couldn't find out what their secret shipping cost was unless I went through the whole checkout process.Forget it.

So I go over to Ebay. Same thing freeckan UPS only and ridiculous shipping charges. So essential depot is off my Christmas list.

Is everybody just willing to look down bend over and grab their ankles when it comes to high shipping?

Can you businesses spell U-S-P-S ?

How about F-E-D-E-X?

If people just want to toss money out the window, well tell me where you live and I will clean up the green "debris" :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Ya know I have some serious difficulties about this place (and anybody that restricts their shipping to UPS).

If people just want to toss money out the window, well tell me where you live and I will clean up the green "debris" :)

Then please feel free to shop elsewhere! I just can't pass up Koser USP PG & VG for less than $.006 per ml...
spend.gif

Ooops, sorry 'bout the lack of green 'debris' outside my window. That went towards flavorings and nic sent via USPS...
mailbox.gif

yowamushi

Dec 12, 2012
Columbus, OH
Yeah but try ordering a pint($3.21), a quart($5.25) just PG and the shipping is $16.00!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I am meaning re: my rant :)

Ok so a quart is almost 1L so lets compare some prices, if you are just buying 1L of pg and nothing else here is what it's going to cost you from various diy sources(based on shipping to Columbus, ohio, so ymmv).
..........................1L PG...............Shipping.............Total
Ecigexpress.........17.99.................5.99...................23.98
Wizard Labs........18.98..................8.54...................27.52
RTSVapes...........18.75..................7.35...................26.10
highdesertvapes..17.99.................7.95...................24.95
essentialdepot.....5.25...................14.42.................19.67

Even with the outrageous shipping charge it's the cheapest option, certainly not as cheap as it seems when you first see that $5.25 for a quart number but still cheaper than anywhere else.

Note that if you wanted to get 1L of pg and 1L of vg from any of the diy sources the cheapest you can get that before shipping is ~$36 and shipping is definitely going to be more than $4 so you might as well get the gallon of each with free shipping for $40.08(after the 15% off for waiting potentially 3 extra days).

Of course you might not want to have gallons of the stuff laying around and in the short term it might be better to spend less and get a lot less just to try your hand at diy but if you are looking to buy 1L of pg that's probably not you eh?

Edit: I do agree with you that they should offer some other shipping options since it's possible to ship for cheaper but it may be that the high shipping is actually there to make it seem cheaper at first glance(like those ebay auctions where it's buy it now for $1 but shipping is $20 on something that would cost $3 to ship).

Last edited:

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Ok so a quart is almost 1L so lets compare some prices, if you are just buying 1L of pg and nothing else here is what it's going to cost you from various diy sources(based on shipping to Columbus, ohio, so ymmv).
..........................1L PG...............Shipping.............Total
Ecigexpress.........17.99.................5.99...................23.98
Wizard Labs........18.98..................8.54...................27.52
RTSVapes...........18.75..................7.35...................26.10
highdesertvapes..17.99.................7.95...................24.95
essentialdepot.....5.25...................14.42.................19.67

Even with the outrageous shipping charge it's the cheapest option, certainly not as cheap as it seems when you first see that $5.25 for a quart number but still cheaper than anywhere else.

Note that if you wanted to get 1L of pg and 1L of vg from any of the diy sources the cheapest you can get that before shipping is ~$36 and shipping is definitely going to be more than $4 so you might as well get the gallon of each with free shipping for $40.08(after the 15% off for waiting potentially 3 extra days).

Of course you might not want to have gallons of the stuff laying around and in the short term it might be better to spend less and get a lot less just to try your hand at diy but if you are looking to buy 1L of pg that's probably not you eh?

Edit: I do agree with you that they should offer some other shipping options since it's possible to ship for cheaper but it may be that the high shipping is actually there to make it seem cheaper at first glance(like those ebay auctions where it's buy it now for $1 but shipping is $20 on something that would cost $3 to ship).

And that's why it bugs me. It seems slimy and unethical. Especially when they have a USPS logo on the top of their webpage !

And, it's easy to get excited about their site. Prices, selection the option of large quantities etc. I was elated to find it initially, the the shipping. Then the nippy little letter.So, for now I would MUCH favor dealing with Wizard Labs.

Wizard Labs is the model that all others should study. I could go on and on about how professional, reasonable and courteous they are. I will gladly pay a little more to people and businesses whom cater to their customers, big and small.

Doesn't it make you feel really good when you are dealing with people that genuinely care about you, the customer and their business? It sure does to me.
When you consider this, Wizard is the best, hands down.

But all that aside, I appreciate your cost comparisons, that's actually quite helpful for me :)

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I've seen 55 gallon drums of Glycerin USP online for a little more than $500 (shipping not included). That's $9.09 per gallon! Don't think I want that much, though.

I just went to CVS earlier in the week and purchased two 6 fl. oz. bottles (354 ml total) of Glycerin USP for $10, no shipping. This product is USP, sealed, has a lot number and an expiration date of September, 2017. I like the 6 oz. bottles. I use one up within a few months and then I have another sealed and fresh bottle ready to use. That's great for my use. I don't purchase large bottles of nicotine base for the same reason: it's USP and I don't want to use an opened container for longer than a few months. I store all liquids in a refrigerator.

Last edited:

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
How do you get the extra 15% off?

i just placed an order for the pg vg 1 gallon each. the code i found on a goggle search was EDPC10 for 10% off and it worked. maybe should have tried EDPC15. anyway the cost was $43.25. so $21.63 a gallon - seems like a good deal to me. i'm just starting DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread