Quick question about the original Lavatube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I own the original LT. The one that Volcanoe started selling when they first hit the market. But I got mine from Vaporus.

Anyways, this thing works well and I'm still using it now. It's black with no logos. And it's even lasted longer than my other SS LT that I got from Apollo. The center pin on that one broke.

My question is: What is the amp limit on the original LT? I think it's the 1.5 version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have the new OLED sigelei ZMAX clone. But I don't even use it. Because the Sigelei has a low ohm limit. I use an RBA and build 1.0 Ohm coils. And the original LT lets it work. Unlike the ZMAX clone.

On my LT I can use low ohm coils and use less battery power. And I have another mod coming so I was wondering what the LT amp limit was. Thanks.

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
you could always email the merchant you bought it from instead of lashing out

here's the problem..... just for ....s and giggles google search lavatube version 1.5, and see the 400 different merchants calling theirs v1.5 v2.0 v2.1 v3.0 v4.0 v289579328.8 and they are all different so nobody really knows which one you have

welcome to the world of owning a lavatube, 27000 varieties that are all slightly unique in their own way

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.
I own the original LT. The one that Volcanoe started selling when they first hit the market. But I got mine from Vaporus.

Anyways, this thing works well and I'm still using it now. It's black with no logos. And it's even lasted longer than my other SS LT that I got from Apollo. The center pin on that one broke.

My question is: What is the amp limit on the original LT? I think it's the 1.5 version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have the new OLED Sigelei ZMAX clone. But I don't even use it. Because the Sigelei has a low ohm limit. I use an RBA and build 1.0 Ohm coils. And the original LT lets it work. Unlike the ZMAX clone.

On my LT I can use low ohm coils and use less battery power. And I have another mod coming so I was wondering what the LT amp limit was. Thanks.

The LT V1 from Volcano has a 2.5 amp limit.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The LT V1 from Volcano has a 2.5 amp limit.

This ^

You'll find yourself consistently hitting this limit, as well.

Thank You very much guys. Yes I do hit that limit. When the battery reads around the 1.6-1.7 range the vapor really drops down. Even on a low ohm single coil. And the batteries I use are the 18650 Panny's.

No worries though. I have my Sigmax and an Evic.

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN

Anyways, this thing works well and I'm still using it now. It's black with no logos. And it's even lasted longer than my other SS LT that I got from Apollo. The center pin on that one broke.SNIP2SAVE--.

http://www.vaporbeast.com/product-p/sk35.htm

Go here and research this bad boy, I wouldn't subscribe to the 5 amps before googeling the model and finding a revue that proves the stat honest. The site too. Seriously, 5 amps is going to create a lot of Integrated Circuit board heat and that can mean a short lifespan. As for the Lava Tube it's either 2.2 amps or close to 3.
The ones that claims 3 amps rarely hit that but land around 2.8 or 2.9 I have seen those reviews in youtube. Search youtube for this Vmax model and see if you land a good tech review on it.
"If it sounds to good to be true..." radar is in full tilt with this one.

To run a 5 amp unit at 3 amps constant will not strain the system. Running a 3 amp lava tube at 3 amps consistent will give it an early demise. No body likes cruzin down the road with the pedal to the floor just to stay at the speed limit. You want “Wiggle” room if you want your vaporer to last.
Hopefully I can find a good revue on this posted link because I am one of those dudes that like to look at a blown radiator hose every time I exhale. 2.5 amps will not run my dual coil and dual wick genisus clones. They are FOG machines. :)

mikebabs

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
new jersey

I also have the new OLED Sigelei ZMAX clone. But I don't even use it. Because the Sigelei has a low ohm limit. I use an RBA and build 1.0 Ohm coils. And the original LT lets it work. Unlike the ZMAX clone.

Cant believe u still have that relic....I still do too..LOL I often wondered the same question...Any answers???

DlyDragger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Zeeland, MI
Yes, it's 2.5 and as others have said it's closer to 2.3-2.4 if it's a true V1 (flat top cap). There's also the V1.5 (still flat top) and V1.5T (angled top cap), the V1.5 claims a higher amp limit but there were some major issues with it, see 9 posts down here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...talclearvaping-com-information-thread-58.html

The 1.5T has an angled top cap and claims to be capable of 4 amps (I have one of these) but in real world conditions it is realistically closer to 3.6-3.7.

The reason that you are using less juice is because with your low ohm coils it's going into safety all the time. You are probably running around 3.5V no matter what the screen is telling you, they HATE low ohm coils. That is one BIG flaw with the LT is that it doesn't actually display what voltage it's running at, just what you set it at, and if that's above the what it can safely run at those ohms then it self adjusts to compensate.

Clear as mud????

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
This is an old thread...My Lavatube is still holding up. I was trying to google the low ohm limit of the first Lavatube and I actually ran across my own thread.

Does anybody know if the V1 Lavatube has a low ohm limit?

I know the V1 Lavatube doesn't put out much power. Using an RBA, I wouldn't recommend using 28g wire. I mean it works with 28g, but I have to take 2 or 3 prime puffs to get one good puff. 30g wire in an RBA on the v1 Lavatube works OK for good throat hit. It works pretty well with 32g.

I'm using 32g now and the throat hit is unsatisfying. I'm going to re-build with 30g and hope for the best. I don't know the ohms, since the Lavatube doesn't give that information. I could use a multimeter, but I'm too lazy to do that. Based on the many builds I've done, I'm guessing this 32g build is around 2 ohms. I just don't know, or forgot how low of ohms I can go on a V1 Lavatube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread