Worlds first Dual Carto / Dual Tank / DUAL FLAVOR Setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Okay, so a little backstory before I get to the Juicy goodness of this:

I was making a homemade 6ml Tank for my Dual Coil Cartomizers just a few moments ago, when the most BRILLIANT IDEA EVER HIT ME...Yes, I was using the bathroom while I was making it - but where I get my ideas is besides the point...NO! Stop bringing it up. I'm not going to discu...

Anyways, moving along before I continue arguing with my Genius self..

Why do we always have to carry two tanks, or two cartomizers, or atomizers?!? WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE ONE TANK CONTAINING TWO CARTOMIZERS, AND TWO DIFFERENT tanks OF FLAVORS CONTAINED WITHIN ONE UNIT!?!?!? I'm tired of all this damn complexity, and segregation. I just can't take it ANYMORE!!!

SO Yeah, goofiness of my natural late night habitual self to the side, here's the deal; I've devised a way to have ON YOU SIMULTANEOUSLY...Get ready for it...here it comes...okay, I'm done for real...

TWO tanks CONTAINING TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FLAVORS, AND TWO DIFFERENT CARTOMIZERS AT WHICH TO SMOKE THROUGH!

I KNOW...GENIUS RIGHT>?!?

Well, Now, I'm going to tell YOU how to get one yourself...This is starting to sound like a shamwow commercial isn't it?

Okay, Sorry, I'm very hyper late at night, and when I get a BADASS idea, and it WORKS...well, that's just the topping on the cake; REGARDLESS...here goes.

**NOTES** I haven't done this yet; and as such we'll count it as a Hypothesis (even though I'm sure it'll work, I just need another 60ml syringe to prove it - damn printers ink CISS kit only came with one (Continuous Ink Supply System - before anyone asks)

Materials: A.K.A. What you will need.

2x 60ml Luer Lock Syringes ( You can buy these in a 5 pack DIRT CHEAP (HERE )
2x 10ml Luer Lock Syringes ( You can buy these in a 10 pack DIRT CHEAP (HERE )
2x Dual, or Single Coil Cartomizers - Punched...OBVIOUSLY...c'mon, did you seriously think this would work without them?!?
2x...your favorite flavors...DUH
1x Xacto Knife, or Rotary with grinding wheel attachment. (Preferably variable speed as @ 30kRPM this was difficult to do without melting them.)
1x Cartomizer Condom Bottom - This is to prevent leaking from the Cartomizer that you're not using!
1x Cartomizer Condom Top - This is to prevent leaking from the Cartomizer that you're not using!

---------------------------
Preparation:
----------
FIRST TANK PREPARATION:

Step 1.
Remove all of the Silicon Stoppers from your 4 syringes.
Step 2. Discard (or save for later) 1x each of the syringes ( I save mine just in case I need them.
Step 3. Use your Xacto, or Dremel, and cut JUST above the 5ml Line (Aim for 5 1/4) and then cut JUST below the tip where it begins to bevel inwards towards the tip. This will ensure that your bottom "gasket" made from the stopper doesn't accidentally pull a "whoopsie" adnd pop out leaking fluid all over you!
Step 4. Using the same cutting method as before cut JUST inside the bevel of the tip so that you catch a little of the angle to stop the "gasket" from sliding.
Step 5. Cut as close to the 18ml line as possible on the 60ml Syringe - Doesn't matter if you're above or below really, you just need it to be about that height.
Step 6. PAY ATTENTION!...This is where it's going to get Tricky!
Step 7. Grab the two "gaskets" that you're going to make from the 10ml stoppers, and your Xacto, or a fine pair of scissors ( I use surgical scissors, and they're just small enough to scissor my way through this.)
Step 8. Align a cartomizer with the center of the "gasket" and push firmly to leave a small indention thus creating a guideline for your cutting. Begin cutting each of the indention's out. MAKE SURE TO CUT ~1mm INSIDE THE INDENTION TO MAKE A TIGHT FIT FOR THE CARTOMIZER!
Step 9. Insert a cartomizer into the "gasket" you just created, making sure that the "lipped" edge of your "tank" is on the bottom, and that the bottom gasket is angled "down" into the lip. Also make sure that your top "gasket" is angled UP so that you get maximum fluid room.
----------
SECOND TANK PREPARATION

Step 1b.
Grab the two "gaskets" that you made for your larger tank, and repeat STEP 8, only this time instead of aligning them in the center of the gasket, mark TWO holes to cut, one to the far left, and one in the location that the cartomizer for the first tank will sit in once it's placed within your tank!!! - IMPORTANT! Make sure that your bottom, and top Left, and Right holes are as aligned as possible, or you'll get leakage! The goal here is to put the ~5ml Tank that you just made INSIDE of the ~18ml Tank that you're creating thus reducing its capacity to ~8-10ml, and giving you a dual tank/dual fluid setup with INCREDIBLY EASY ACCESS!!!
Your small tank is going to rest against the inside wall of your larger tank kind of like an air pump in a fish tank. The cartomizer hole in the larger gasket for the small tanks cartomizer needs to match up with this relative location otherwise this will be a disaster waiting to happen!

Step 2b. Repeat STEP 9.
Step 3b.
Now that you've gotten both tanks assembled, and know how to do it, it's time for the tricky part!

----------

TOTAL TANK-OVER!

Step 1c. Now that we've gotten our two tanks "built" go ahead, and put them together. Make sure when assembling that the top "gasket" angles upwards, and the bottom "gasket" angles downwards, and that the "lip" of the syringes is on the bottom!
Step 2c. Once you have your "tanks" Built, and the ~5ml Tank is nestled within your ~10ml tank, and all gaskets are aligned it's time to leak test! You can use your fluid, or water for this...I can almost GUARANTEE there won't be any leaks; BUT I can't guarantee that you lined your cuts up enough to prevent compression leaking from strained gaskets.
Step 3c. Once everything is leak proof, you're almost done. Place a top condom, and bottom condom on whichever cartomizer you're not going to use at the moment, and then connect the second one to your battery.
Step 4c. Fill each tank with your favorite fluid, and BE ON YOUR MERRY LITTLE WAY!

Whenever you want to smoke flavor #2, or Flavor #1, simply swap out the condoms, and cartomizer that's on the battery! It's NEVER been simpler!

**ADDENDUM** THIS IS NOT A POCKET FRIENDLY MOD (OBVIOUSLY) SO PLEASE EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WHILE UTILIZING IT!!!!
If you like this idea, please take the time to hit the "like" button, and show me your support.

I will be adding pictures of the REAL product once I get the other syringes to make it; but for now I hope that the instructions will be enough to get you in a complete understanding of what is necessary for this to work.

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
That thing has already been done you know...twice :)

seriously!? It has?

Drac... Maybe I'm missing something, but, I don't understand how "Whenever you want to smoke flavor #2, or Flavor #1, simply swap out the condoms, and cartomizer that's on the battery! It's NEVER been simpler!"

is simpler then "remove one tank, put another tank on"

maybe pics would help me understand.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
seriously!? It has?

Drac... Maybe I'm missing something, but, I don't understand how "Whenever you want to smoke flavor #2, or Flavor #1, simply swap out the condoms, and cartomizer that's on the battery! It's NEVER been simpler!"

is simpler then "remove one tank, put another tank on"

maybe pics would help me understand.

You don't have to remove a tank at all; that's the purpose of this, is not having to carry two tanks. One tank is self contained within the other. basically all you have to do is remove the carto from the battery, and swap the condoms onto the opposite carto, and then turn the tank, and vape the second flavor. It'd literally take seconds.

Sure, it's "technically" just as simple as carrying a second flavor, but this is for people that have small storage solutions, and don't have room for two tanks, bottles, etc.

I'll do my best to get pics up, but what with the snow and me having to walk to the local vet office with my daughter that may prove difficult depending on how well it clears up.

Also, Martinc, if you're referring to This: Vivi Twin Tanks Although it's a similar concept of carrying two flavors at once, this is NOT a design built to vape two flavors blended, but to carry two flavors without the need of extra bottles, storage, or the likes.

Last edited:

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Is this sort of like the twin tank at vaporwall.com?
I'm not sure. I'm not a member over there; so I have not an idea as to what you're speaking of. Although I'm sure there is a chance that it could be. I've been very ill as of late, and out and about shopping for a new car, so I haven't had time to actually make this yet; but I will do my best to do so within the week.

couldnt you just carry a "Switchback" instead? instead of having to switch this over to that.......

The "Switchback" is a very similar concept, but still requires switching, as you'd have to flip it. Added to that, you'd need the switchback battery as it's the only thing that can accompany the switchback tank. Great idea; but custom hardware is something most people just don't want.
I don't even really see the switchback being that much faster, plus as it requires the custom battery most people here would want nothing to do with it. As my mod uses standard 510 cartomizers both on top, and doesn't need anything special on the battery it's a more logical application than anything that I've seen besides simply carrying another cartomizer that contains the flavor; but this is something intended for tank lovers.

I'm not sure about you guys, but carrying around a case to hold my ecig in just isn't practical. I look for the most practical and cheap way for people to do what they want; that's all. Sure, there are probably better and or more efficient ways, or however you want to look at it. But none of them are going to cost as little as this does, nor will they have the "I did it myself" aspect of them. Even still some of the other ones that I've seen would STILL require a carrying case of sorts to keep it from having issues.

Besides that, the switchback just seems like issues waiting to happen, since one of the cartomizers sits upside down until it's used, and that SCREAMS flooding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread