My Atty Resurrection Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZipJim

Aug 7, 2009
UK
Highping

Just logged in to thank you for posting your atty resurection method. After getting through a daft number of atties (probably because I use VG which seems to clog them quicker), I searched for a better cleaning method than the usual boiling and soaking. I've just tried your method on a couple of them and it works brilliantly. I followed your instructions to the letter and neither atty popped and are now both vaping like new.
So, thanks again, as you've saved me a lot of money in new atomisers.

ShadySLAYER

Feb 24, 2013
IL, USA
First time dry burning. I've had my Stardusts for about a month and they started tasting horrible and I wasn't getting any flavor. I took them apart, put the parts in a cup of water and let them soak for a couple minutes. Then I pulled out the atomizers, dried them, dry burned them, rinsed them inside out under the faucet, dried them off a little again, and dry burned again. I then dried the other pieces off and blew through them to make sure they were completely dry, put them back together, filled them up and let them soak for about 5 minutes. Now my blueberry tastes like blueberry and my green mint tastes like green mint! I still have one more to dry burn since I wanted to make sure I did the first two correctly and that way I would still have at least something to use if I broke the other two. I'm going to dry burn the last one tomorrow morning so I can enjoy my flavors again. How often should should I dry burn my atties and clean my clearomizers? I go through about 2ml of liquid a day.

Last edited:

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
First time dry burning. I've had my Stardusts for about a month and they started tasting horrible and I wasn't getting any flavor. I took them apart, put the parts in a cup of water and let them soak for a couple minutes. Then I pulled out the atomizers, dried them, dry burned them, rinsed them inside out under the faucet, dried them off a little again, and dry burned again. I then dried the other pieces off and blew through them to make sure they were completely dry, put them back together, filled them up and let them soak for about 5 minutes. Now my blueberry tastes like blueberry and my green mint tastes like green mint! I still have one more to dry burn since I wanted to make sure I did the first two correctly and that way I would still have at least something to use if I broke the other two. I'm going to dry burn the last one tomorrow morning so I can enjoy my flavors again. How often should should I dry burn my atties and clean my clearomizers? I go through about 2ml of liquid a day.

I clean mine when the vapor production goes down... or the flavor goes south. With a quality atomizer and this technique, I've had atties last me LITERALLY years... vaping like they did when I first got them...

hi-147

May 15, 2013
singapore
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Spamming for postcount

Spunky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Louisiana
Many thanks for your cleaning method. I revived a few atomizers, that was doomed for the trash, with this method. I have been a stalker to ECF for a couple of years ( finally joined ) and found many helpful tips. The ECF converted me to Reoville but just not quite ready to take the rebuilable plunge. I have too many coals in the fire to try and learn building, when a good atty does the trick for me to stay smoke free.

Ravenlunatique

Oct 29, 2012
Canada
Highping,
Sooooooooooo happy to have found this thread, thank you, thank you, oh and did I say thank you for sharing this info!!!.
I followed each step precisely, and bingo, atty's revived, burning just like they were brand new. Wishing I had found this months
and many atomizers ago, but hey, better late than never. Gosh, I love this site :D
Thanks again m'dear

Lerxst

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2013
North of the wall
I tried this method (or very similar) with great results. Just FYI on a couple of things I'm sure have been mentioned before, but some liquids (especially my coffee) gunks up my atty very quickly. Funny thing is that before using this method, the resistance of the atty had dropped from 2.2 to 1.7. After cleaning/burning the resistance returned to 2.2 - I would have thought the resistance would have risen as it got gunked up. Anyway, great method and thanks for posting it!

Transient

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Alabama, USA
Dude, thank you so much. You just saved my atty! I thought I had killed the only one I had (started dripping yesterday) and freaked out because in the two days I've been dripping, I've abandoned every other system and I only have one atty right now! THANK YOU!

Also step 7 is VERY hard to do with an MVP without turning it off several times haha!

EDIT: This thing tastes and hits MUCH better than it did brand new. I'm finding myself replenishing liquid a lot sooner and I can tell more easily when it is dry. Again, thank you so much!

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Okay, I am done lurking. I have read this entire thread and Mr. Mann has been kind enough to give me a few pointers. I have a 510 2.5ohm bridgeless atty from Sweet-vapes that I bought with my Spinner. I have been using it to test new juices. I am brand new at this - only vaping since this last Saturday. Have not been real successful with the dripping. I seem to get more juice running out the bottom than I am able to vape. Made the mistake of trying out a MBV Cafe Coffee in it and it turned the poor coil black. Rinsed out in hot water and tried some other juices and after a bit I was okay as long as I had my trusty paper towel by my side.

Tried some MBV Extreme Ice in it and hated it and could not get the nasty taste out. So I decided to try Highping's atty resurection burn method. Thought I was okay the first round, did the second rinse and second dry burn on a Spinner set at the 4.8 max. Got the coil orange. Started the pulse, and then nothing. Nada. Coil will no longer light up. Did I blow my only atty? I think it is dead. I tried it on another battery. Nada.

I have been trying so hard since my first vape on Saturday to learn how to drip. Please advise. I need some help. Thank you.

Which end of the atty are you supposed to blow into to clean? Or does it really make any difference? I recently bought an HH.357 and their website insists one must ALWAYS blow in the direction of airflow (from the threaded end of the atty and NEVER from the drip tip end. It seems to me I've seen videos showing just the opposite. Advise?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Which end of the atty are you supposed to blow into to clean? Or does it really make any difference? I recently bought an HH.357 and their website insists one must ALWAYS blow in the direction of airflow (from the threaded end of the atty and NEVER from the drip tip end. It seems to me I've seen videos showing just the opposite. Advise?
I saw this posted in another thread...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...atty-drippers-dying-breed-21.html#post9977346

CheriePie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
cheriepie.com
Yup finally managed to pop my first atty while dry burning. My Sigelei Telescope mod was acting up, button pushes not being registered, and I ended up popping the atty because I was futzing around with it and not paying attention to how long the coil was lit up. Ah well, it's a learning process... now that I've popped my cherry, ahem I mean, my first atty ;) it probably won't happen again for quite awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread