Status
Not open for further replies.

padejash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Port Hope, Canada
Hi Gang

Thought I would post the first mod for the new pipe Dse601C - Cartomizer Pipe It uses 510D Cartomizers, but the standard length, (35mm) is too short and the XL length (45mm) is too long. HC carries the proper 40mm length and they work great, lots of flavor and vapor and more realistic in the draw and exhale than the original 601.

However: If all you have are standard length cartomizers, find a straw (plastic) that fits inside the cartomizer with the end cap removed. Cut the straw approx, 15mm to 20mm in length. The difference is that not all carto's are created equal. Start with a larger cut, then trim done until a snug fit. The straw should be a wide plastic straw, too narrow and the open space defeats the purpose.

I plan to get a few of the proper sized carto's, but this make a great stop gap until they arrive.

Moderators, if this needs to be moved, please feel free to do so.

How are you guys satisfied with this pipe? Thinking of letting the missus get me this for christmas, and I can't ask for a pricey epipemod or other expensive ones.
Is the 601-C worth the money?

toth, i have one arriving any day now. so excited! :vapor:

you can use standard size boge 510 cartomizers in them though - or so i've read? and i've also ordered a clearomizer/tip from a uk site for it as well, though the clearomizer is essentially 'disposable', in that the head isn't replaceable. it needs a 510 extender thing and a 510 to ego adaptor to work but it should look nice. and besides, i'm not much of a cartomizer fan. i can come back and let you know how it's working if you like.

toth

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Norway
toth, i have one arriving any day now. so excited! :vapor:

you can use standard size boge 510 cartomizers in them though - or so i've read? and i've also ordered a clearomizer/tip from a uk site for it as well, though the clearomizer is essentially 'disposable', in that the head isn't replaceable. it needs a 510 extender thing and a 510 to ego adaptor to work but it should look nice. and besides, i'm not much of a cartomizer fan. i can come back and let you know how it's working if you like.
Hey Sweet_, how you likin' that pipe?

toth

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Norway
Oh man.. just popped a LR boge in the pipe, and that combo is SWEET!
Wanna use standard size cartos? Proud to present my extremely easy, perfect working trick: plug a spare "softtip"(you know, the little white piece you take out for filling) from an old carto into the pipes mouthpiece(connecting end), and bingo, your standard length cartos fit nicely, no extra air!

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
I got this pipe for Christmas and have been very suprised at how well it works! I too am using boge cartos with a shorty adapter on them. Those carts it came with don't perform well and the liquid tastes terrible.

My curiosity has been sparked and was wondering if anyone knew of a longer 510-510 adapter so I could throw my other gear onto this?

rladson

Mar 22, 2012
Virginia
Just ordered a DSE601C from ExhaleVapors. Came to $48 shipped (coupon code "40PercentOffECF")!!

Anyone know of a US supplier that sells the Boge 510"D" cartos these are supposed to use?
I'm not even vaguely interested in the tobacco flavored ones that it comes with (and I need much lower than the 18mg nic in those).....

Edit- did find plenty of places that sell them. Looks like 6 bucks for a box of 5.
Think I will try the rubber cap thing first though (thanks for the tip toth!), as I still have plenty of regular good ol' boges laying around (have switched to Kanger T2's & 3's over the cartos pretty exclusively for my primary batts).

Last edited:

Whiplash

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
Idaho
Anyone found a good way to clean out the vacuumswitch? Feels like I got a little dried juice on it, it's not as responsive as it used to be..
I have been cleaning completely clogged automatic 808 batteries by letting them sit in PGA for a few hours. Shake out the excess and let it dry. Don't know what it will do to the wood but it's a thought.

Whiplash

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
Idaho
Toth
The Glycerin is the only part that concerns me. It will not evaporate.
When I clean my automatic batteries, the first inch or so is submerged in alcohol. They are not sealed, so I know the electronics are wetted. The only reason I tried this cleaning method was I had very little at risk. I would hate to see you ruin the pipe.

P. S.
Just did a search of ECF for cleaning automatic switch. There are others with the same problem you have. One suggested "probing around with a paper clip" (a good way to ruin it in a hurry) but there seems to be some good information too.
Good luck.

Last edited:

toth

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Norway
OK, so here's what I did:
-I used the "AntiBac" hand sanitizer, 85% ethanol (PGA isn't available in norway I think)
Poured it in from both ends, a good amount of liquid, filled it up(ofcourse removed battery and carto), let it sit for maybe a minute.
-Shaked out som excess fluid, and blew and sucked hard in both ends several time.
-Then got out my vacuum cleaner, wich has both suck and blow, and did the same thing - blew and sucked it completly out from both ends.
I then cleaned the contacts in the bowl with an alcohol-wetted cloth.

-Put it back together, and voila - tasted a little like harsh alcohol the first 20 drags, and now it just works flawlessly, registers even the faintest drag..! I'm a happy camper! :D

pr1uk

Jan 29, 2013
Kent
I have just got the 601C and happy with the feel of the pipe but not so happy with the small cartomizers that come with the pipe they dont seem to be refillable. As anyone found a refillable cartomizer that will fit the pipe i am used to the wonderful see through one i use on my eGo-T and i like to use a liquid that i am used too. Also i am looking for a UK supplier of any possible replacement i am sure there will be something out there in time if not now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread