Status
Not open for further replies.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
The first time I tried to rebuild this tank I did not have fun. There were no how-tos, and I never actually rebuilt my VVN heads. But I did watch the pbusardo video on rebuilding them. Once I realized that's what I had to do, it was pretty easy. But I know there's at least one person out there who wants to see the insides.. So here goes. Please forgive image quality and my never-been-filed fingernails. ;)

Here are all the pieces taken apart: Top cap, tank, and the atty caddy, ceramic cup, rubber gromet and center post thing
DnG4Dnql.jpg

Make your coil with TWO pieces of wick, so you have two ends of wick on each side coming out of the coil. Place your wick/coil in the ceramic cup, with the wicks coming out of the slits in the side.
q8xxkQJl.jpg

The annoying part is feeding the wire through the tiny holes in the cup.
awnvdNNl.jpg

Cup slips into the atty caddy.
WVnEpwNl.jpg

Feed one wire through the rubber grommet, and smash the other down. Then smash it all down with the center post thing.
wfpnGEOl.jpg

Trim the excess wires (of course). Now feed your wicks through the four holes on top.
tGTIMjIl.jpg

Trim any excess wick.. Here's a bird's eye of your atty caddy.
EKWgeKOl.jpg

Attach to the tank. My wicks are in for a good, long soak.
aQIxRIUl.jpg

Fully assembled.
BBYL0v3l.jpg

Hope this helps!

In closing, I love this little tank.. I came from Vivi Novas, and I feel this tank blows them out of the water. I can't make this leak (I've tried!), it doesn't flood, and the coil gunk does not get back into my juice. It's cheap, and really easy to disassemble and reassemble. If you're coming from high-end RBAs, you might not like this. It has its quirks, and it's not the greatest quality. But it's EASY and fun.

I'm still a rebuilding noob. The wick and coil were not my greatest. This was a cotton ball wick.. Nichrome 34, 5/6 coil measuring around 2.9ohms right now.

Last edited:

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Thank you so much for showing me the insides Adeline, it's exactly what I have wanted and had thought about making myself. I took the last few bucks i had in my account to order it up I was so excited lol. The quality looks amazing for the price, and personally cup style designed atties almost seem taylor made for cotton users. Can't wait to test it out!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Thank you so much for showing me the insides Adeline, it's exactly what I have wanted and had thought about making myself. I took the last few bucks i had in my account to order it up I was so excited lol. The quality looks amazing for the price, and personally cup style designed atties almost seem taylor made for cotton users. Can't wait to test it out!

Hey, no problem. Looks like the tank is relatively new (hadn't heard of it until this month), so someone had to be the guinea pig. I'm not usually that person, but I gave it a shot! I don't have any real complaints, especially for $15. And now that I'm not making dud coils anymore, building coil and wick is fun.

Let us know how it goes with yours. I'll be trying different things for a while to see what I like best. Let me know which cottons you prefer with it, I'll have to try it out!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i had also been wonderign what the inside looked like. thanks for posting.
the only thing im worried about with this tank is the fact that the resistance wire comes in direct contact with rubber (or whatever that plug thing is made from). i wonder if there is a better (non-flammable/burnable/meltable) material that can be used to secure the leads.

edit: MF DOOM! great name. im a metal face fan myself.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
i had also been wonderign what the inside looked like. thanks for posting.
the only thing im worried about with this tank is the fact that the resistance wire comes in direct contact with rubber (or whatever that plug thing is made from). i wonder if there is a better (non-flammable/burnable/meltable) material that can be used to secure the leads.

edit: MF DOOM! great name. im a metal face fan myself.

That's what NR wire legs are for. I just don't have the materials yet.

Great job Adeline; let us know how it performs over time.
Where did you buy it?
It looks easy to replace coil and wick, like Vivi, compared to the cheap RBA's.:toast:
I got this from cloudsofvapor. It's easy on all fronts!

Does it vape good and hard? Big clouds, or is it OK... Really would like to know.
The draw is a little airy. But I get clouds. Probably has a bit to do with your wick/coil though. I'm getting a similar performance from this as with my A7.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Mines at the post office right now... It's a holiday! :(

I actually need to thank you as well Donna for originally mentioning this atty. I'm very excited if ya can't tell lol. Seriously though this atty is built and designed the exact way I have been wanting to make one, it looks like the cadillac of vivi novas. I ordered mine today on a holiday so don't feel so bad. :)

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
BTW I saw on the Madvapes thread about this tank that it will leak on its side. I wholeheartedly disagree.

Even with the stock wick, I saw no leaking. With my rebuilds so far, no leaking.

I can lay it on its side and no sign of a leak. I can hold the thing upside down, and there's no leaking. I'm pretty impressed.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I actually need to thank you as well Donna for originally mentioning this atty. I'm very excited if ya can't tell lol. Seriously though this atty is built and designed the exact way I have been wanting to make one, it looks like the cadillac of vivi novas. I ordered mine today on a holiday so don't feel so bad. :)

Great! I wondered how long you would hold out LOL. I'm not usually a guinea pig either but this one interested me. I've been rebuilding my VNs for months now and wanted something like them that was made to be rebuildable. With my luck, they'll come out with a V2 Drunker soon. I currently have no plans on getting NR wire.. I really don't want to have to mess with trying to twist the two together and I never had a problem with "hot legs" in my VN that I know of. (But never say never.. next thing I know, I'll be ordering NR wire)

Adeline, have you noticed we're not too far apart? I'm just on the other side of Asheboro. Thanks for posting the pics... I can't wait to play with mine tomorrow and I can get "drunk" too LOL :toast:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Great! I wondered how long you would hold out LOL. I'm not usually a guinea pig either but this one interested me. I've been rebuilding my VNs for months now and wanted something like them that was made to be rebuildable. With my luck, they'll come out with a V2 Drunker soon. I currently have no plans on getting NR wire.. I really don't want to have to mess with trying to twist the two together and I never had a problem with "hot legs" in my VN that I know of. (But never say never.. next thing I know, I'll be ordering NR wire)

Adeline, have you noticed we're not too far apart? I'm just on the other side of Asheboro. Thanks for posting the pics... I can't wait to play with mine tomorrow and I can get "drunk" too LOL :toast:

Oh, hey! No I hadn't noticed.. That's pretty cool. I get the feeling NC doesn't have too many vapers.. Too far into tobacco country maybe? You'd think with the number of colleges around and RTP right in the heart of the state, that we'd be immersed in the new tech!! Well, some of us are, I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread