Is the Smoktech Groove VV VW Mod just vaporware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I may be getting one of these from some-one downunder. Haven't seen any vendors stocking them yet. Same idea as the MVP with the non-removeable battery - and has vw and some other features. If it measures up then it would be ideal for some of my trips away - when I could just take the Groove and a couple of ego size backs up and the Groove would last me a few days. And I like the form factor on this.

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Flooding

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
My concern is this battery (3800mah Li-polymer battery) maybe carry the same issues as the SLB Vapros V1, although that's a 2800mAh? and that Smok don't feature it on their site only alibaba.

I'm hoping it will be more like the Inokin MVP, 2600mah - but with more power, with ohms check and vw. BTW - manufacturers/suppliers often advertise on their alibaba page - this is Smok Tech's one:
Shenzhen Smok Technology Co., Ltd. - Electronic Cigarette, Dual Coils Cartomizer, DCT Cartomizer

I hope to have one of the Grooves coming my way - so will test it out.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I'm not rushing into this one, although if Got Vapes is getting them on their mainstream stock line I would have more faith.
I hope they test it out properly before they make a full release though, the SLB thing is lesson to be learned.

I am ok with being a tester on this - I should be getting it cheaper so I'm fine with testing it. Usually I wait for reviews, but this one is a test experiment for me.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC

CrudWalter

Oct 1, 2012
BC, Canada
I'd personally just run a co-op and meet the 50/100 MOQ that Smok requires and that price would probably be down in the $30-$40 range.

Are you volunteering?:D The logistics of trying to co-ordinate a bulk purchase like this with 50 to 100 people sounds (to me) horrendously complicated, risky and time-consuming. I guess that's why we see those rather hefty mark-ups at the retail outlets...

CrudWalter

Oct 1, 2012
BC, Canada
It's probably premature to gripe about the form factor of a product that (literally) nobody's got their hands on yet, but I'll do it anyway:). IMHO, the size of the original gripper is just perfect, so the Groove's greater width and height is not a plus for me. I've been considering buying an Innokin MVP, but it looks kinda long and skinny, especially with a tank and drip tip attached...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread