Soothing, Night time blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rannox

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Clovis, Ca
rannoxdesign.com
Was just in the thread started about vaping causing insomnia.

And was wondering,

Is there a vendor with a juice blend that has calming extracts in it?

Like chamomile, st johns wort, or some of those other herbs, without the added nicotine?

Or maybe I could make my own, considering I have all this extra VG.

Anyone tried this? And is it safe to inhale herbal extracts?

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA

nHale Lung juice I think I heard has some stuff in it.

People have been inhaling herbs in boiling water, steam, and humidifiers for YEARS.

I know the nic causes me to stay up, when doing more MG.

Vallerian might be a good choice, but the stuff reeks. VG might not pull what you need out of it. PG and PGA are what I have seen used for making tinctures or I think that is what they call it.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Nhaler does indeed have some blends that are great to wind down with. Sleepy time tea, pear lung juice, just to name a few. Description from Nhaler website;

Lung juice is a new product we've created to stimulate a natural body healing process by vaping herbs that have been said to nourish the lungs and other vital organs. Lung juice is mixed with Eliquid flavors and is available in 12mg and 24mg (8mg on specific products.) The ingredients are as follows:

* Elecampane Root and Flower
* Mulletein leaf
* Osha Root
* Yerba Mansa(whole Plant)
* Yerba Santa Leaf
* Dandelion Leaf
* Licorice root
* Lobieala Root
* A water extraction tincture of Cordyceps
* Reishi Mushroom Alcohol Extraction
* In a base of pure grain alcohol, distilled water and vegetable glycerin.

6ML Lung Juice Samplers - Assorted Strength - NHaler

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
30ML Lung Juice - Plastic Dropper Bottles
Lung juice is a new product we've created to stimulate a natural body healing process by vaping herbs that have been said to nourish the lungs and other vital organs. Lung juice is mixed with Eliquid flavors and is availble in 12mg and 24mg (8mg on specific products.) The ingredients are as follows:
Elecampane Root and Flower
Mulletein leaf
Osha Root
Yerba Mansa(whole Plant)
Yerba Santa Leaf
Dandelion Leaf
Licorice root
Lobieala Root
A water extraction tincture of Cordyceps
Reishi Mushroom Alcohol Extraction
In a base of pure grain alcohol, distilled water and vegetable glycerin
30ML Lung Juice - Plastic Dropper Bottles - NHaler
Lung Flavor: Sleepy Time Green Tea - 8mg - $23.00m - 30ml - plus Shipping

or:
6ML Lung Juice Samplers - Assorted Strength - NHaler
6ML Lung Juice Samplers - Assorted Strength
Lung Flavor: Sleepy Time Green Tea - 8mg - 6ml - $5.00 plus Shipping

Tastes a bit odd, but I got used to it :)

DinosaurVapor

Moved On
Nov 11, 2009
Spokane, WA

And was wondering,

Like chamomile, st johns wort, or some of those other herbs, without the added nicotine?

Clovis, CA?

I was born and raised there!!!!

whimzkool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
DFW

And was wondering,

Hi Rannox, I've been making my own extracts. So far, Passion flower seems to be the most calming without knocking me out. Tried the valerian, it just made me too sleepy. I use PF and find that it does provide the calm that a cig. did. I actually feel satisfied and am able to put it down, rather than chain vaping which I seemed to do at the beginning. I plan to experiment with a few other herbs. See the thread on beta-carbolines to see a discussion. I think it titled "toward a more effective e-liquid," or something like that. I use it frequently, especially after I have been vaping too long. A few drops, a few more puffs, and I feel "cig satisfaction" without the anxiety.
I plan to experiment with hops next thanks to a suggestion by kinabaloo.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
I just received some no nicotine Valerian juice and tried it last night before bed. Valerian has a strong taste but it was not a bad taste. I got this one from epuffer. They sell it in 30m bottles.
As to whether is works for relaxing or not I shall have to smoke it a few times to really say. I smoked some last night and slept very good.

I am waiting on my sample pack of lung juice from Drew.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I have also been making herbal tinctures for years and have already experimented with a few of mine. I tincture with both vodka and everclear. I have used and haven't had a problem. Small amounts and only well strained tinctures are my rule of thumb. Good luck!

Thanks! I think I'll give it a try this weekend.

Scooter Bob

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Hi Rannox, I've been making my own extracts. So far, Passion flower seems to be the most calming without knocking me out. Tried the valerian, it just made me too sleepy. I use PF and find that it does provide the calm that a cig. did. I actually feel satisfied and am able to put it down, rather than chain vaping which I seemed to do at the beginning. I plan to experiment with a few other herbs. See the thread on beta-carbolines to see a discussion. I think it titled "toward a more effective e-liquid," or something like that. I use it frequently, especially after I have been vaping too long. A few drops, a few more puffs, and I feel "cig satisfaction" without the anxiety.
I plan to experiment with hops next thanks to a suggestion by kinabaloo.

What mixture of Passion Flower extract do you use in vaping? I bought a 2oz bottle of liquid PF to use for sleeping and anxiety, and dabbled a bit in mixing with VG(less than 10ml total), hit and miss. Do you have a recipe? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread