It's tough vaping in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDenver

Jan 23, 2013
Denver, CO
First of all, want to say thanks to this forum for helping me get started. 20 year smoker that started with an ego-T the day before Christmas and haven't touched a cigarette since (knock on wood). I have noticed that I get a lot of funny looks here in the Mile High when I vape. EVERYone thinks I'm smoking (SOMETHING ELSE). I was sitting on a bench in downtown vaping and a dude with a long beard sits down next to me and starts (DOING SOMETHING ELSE) . When I gave him a quizzical look he tells me I'm not alone! LOL. I've never felt so alone in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

markdm4805

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Stockton, CA
Lol at least he didnt offer you any. Goes to show you the public is more accepting of (OTHER STUFF) than they are nicotine. :facepalm: I get the same reaction here in Nor Cal. I was vaping in front of a grocery store and a guy asks if my CE4 clearomizer was a (OTHER ITEM) . The 2 just look so much alike you know .

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
I tell one guy at work that my Provari mini \ Kanger T3 setup is my (OTHER ITEM). We make jokes about it. Then I go outside to smoke and i get weird looks sometimes. The Provari mini hides well in my hand, even with the battery extension, so only the Kanger T3 is exposed. Still looks like some kind of medical device, or screwdriver. I've had both of those commented to me. lol

dejavoodoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
denver
Also wondering if any of you Denverites can recommend some decent brick and mortars for supplies/juice? I google/yelp Denver vapor and, surprise, get loads of (OTHER) shop results.

Our go-to shop is Vapor Leaf on Colfax just east of Wadsworth. Greg runs the place and is a really great guy, but their hours are kind of wonky. Only open Tues pm, Thurs pm and Sat pm. Love the place but it can be challenging to make it down there (from Arvada) during those hours. The place is usually PACKED but the energy is great, lotsa fun just hanging around there!

I'm still suprised at the lack of B&M's in this area.

moshimoshi

Nov 27, 2012
California
The vaping community always seems so big when with other vapers or when looking on sites like this, but when our vaping group is outside, we're all reminded how foreign it still is to the general public, from the sideways looks and then questions.

We joke that it does not look good to be puffing on strange-looking objects while 10 small plastic bottles are scattered all over the table. One of our group has started using old prescription bottles to hold extra tanks, and we joke that that's just made it look worse! Lol.

JohnDenver

Jan 23, 2013
Denver, CO
I think I found Vapor Leaf on the web, but those hours do not work for me working in DTC. Unfortunate as I'd love to check them out from your recommendation. On a side note, I got my initial equipment and juice from a store in Anaheim, CA over the holidays. The owner there told me she had been to Denver a number of times in the past few months scouting locations as the area is dying for a dedicated store. So here's hoping...

Dwardek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Denver, CO
Hey everyone I'm just outside Denver too in Thornton. I do searches for local b&ms all the time and hope something new comes up but no luck. I'd like to go check out vaporleaf but the hours just don't work for me. Here's to hoping someone will establish a solid b&m soon. If I had the capital/time I'd do it lol...ah well!

Just out of curiosity which company was scouting a place in Denver?

Vape on!

westy78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Colorado
First of all, want to say thanks to this forum for helping me get started. 20 year smoker that started with an ego-T the day before Christmas and haven't touched a cigarette since (knock on wood). I have noticed that I get a lot of funny looks here in the Mile High when I vape. EVERYone thinks I'm smoking (SOMETHING ELSE). I was sitting on a bench in downtown vaping and a dude with a long beard sits down next to me and starts (DOING SOMETHING ELSE) . When I gave him a quizzical look he tells me I'm not alone! LOL. I've never felt so alone in my life.

That's funny, I've never had any weird experiences or problems in Denver. I'm the only vaper I know here. A coworker and his wife got me started but they worked down to 0 nic and quit after that.

A couple of nights ago a lady sitting at a table with several friends of mine (all smoking) asked, "what IS that you're smoking?" "Caramel Girl Scout cookies, of course." Guess she had never seen anything other than a cig-a-like before and I was using my vivi mini on a twist. The caramel cookie goes quite well with Stranahans, I might add. :)

Last edited:

DeathsMistress

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
jeneefowler.com
Yeah, I still think we should vape in public but I get my share of weird looks and accusations.

A few veteran vapers have told me just to keep it in smoking areas. While I appreciate the advice I still think that it needs to be mainstream. Maybe someone will get the wrong idea at first, but in most cases, you can clear that up and inform them. I'm a goof in the video, but I do try to be respectful and helpful to people. Hopefully Denver will step it up a notch. Keep on doing what you're doing, you could be changing people's lives forever in a very good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread