eVic MVR v1.2 (with FW v1.2) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackDaddy1962

Verified Member
It's out, and it works great! Joyetech download

They're calling it beta, but so far, so good for me. I didn't even realize the FW v1.2 was out, but once I installed the new release MV software on my machine, I connected my eVic. And it gave me the option to "upgrade device." automatic download and installation! No more "fiddle-y" firmware upgrades. Sweet!

Now get going, it's worth it. What a great device, and support.

Last edited:

MackDaddy1962

Verified Member
Oh, and you're right. Having mine in variable wattage (VW) mode, having the "home screen" showing all the pertinent data in one shot is great. Wattage, voltage, and carto resistance (in ohms) is just what I wanted. Man, I'm really liking this device the more I use it...

Vape on my brethren....

Judge Dredd

Reviewer / Blogger
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
any tips to install on a Mac? tried using Wine, but MVR counldnt see device

You can run Windows from a virtualisation software like VirtualBox, or you can install Windows on your Mac, or you can dual boot Mac and PC, or you'll have to wait until they release a Mac version.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
You can run Windows from a virtualisation software like VirtualBox, or you can install Windows on your Mac, or you can dual boot Mac and PC, or you'll have to wait until they release a Mac version.

I don't want to bother running windows for just a PV program, I tried using Wine to run it, it works but can't see the device, so it's useless.

KiloWatts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
West Philadelphia
As far as I can tell, they worked out all the kinks!

Has anyone tried the MVR VV or MVR VW? Where you tell it to use different power over the course of a single puff? I'm not sure what the ideal configuration would be there. Like, is it better to have high power for the first couple seconds, and then lower the power over time?

And what is Manual/Auto mode?

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
I'm using the MVR VW and I'm not so sure what the ideal configuration is, but I set it low then higher with time. Just thought of making the coil last longer by doing so...But...I maybe wrong on that hypothesis....

Overall, it's a fun new addition to the evic.

Not sure what the Manual/Auto mode is. I tried using the Auto mode, but nothing auto about it. AHHA

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
I'm using the MVR VW and I'm not so sure what the ideal configuration is, but I set it low then higher with time. Just thought of making the coil last longer by doing so...But...I maybe wrong on that hypothesis....

Overall, it's a fun new addition to the evic.

Not sure what the Manual/Auto mode is. I tried using the Auto mode, but nothing auto about it. AHHA

not sure: but i think;
auto is, press and release button, and it will fire for the sec, set (no need to hold)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yikes, that auto mode freaked me out a bit. Guess my hits are a bit shorter than I thought. Manual all the way!

Does anyone think the MVR VV and MVR VW modes are meant to "compete" with the Janty MID modules?

Looking forward to hearing from others on how to set those modes. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread