How long does the cartomizer last on the kr808d-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimik

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
I am wondering if the kr808d-1 might be a more economical solution if one were to ensure the carts never dry out by refilling.

I can by a pack of five cartomizers for less than $10, while for my 510 a pack of five atomizers goes for around $40. I'm thinking that instead of stocking up on a lot of atomizers I might as well save the money on cartomizers.

For those of you that have had one of these, and refilled the carts ensuring the wick would soak up some liquid before use. How long would the average cartomizer last you?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I am wondering if the kr808d-1 might be a more economical solution if one were to ensure the carts never dry out by refilling.

I can by a pack of five cartomizers for less than $10, while for my 510 a pack of five atomizers goes for around $40. I'm thinking that instead of stocking up on a lot of atomizers I might as well save the money on cartomizers.

For those of you that have had one of these, and refilled the carts ensuring the wick would soak up some liquid before use. How long would the average cartomizer last you?

In the ones I've been trying lately Vapor King and Puresmokers cartos have lasted around 2 hours - got 2:15 out of one. This was not power vaping but it wasn't leaving it around for a while either. These gave pretty good vapor - a bit less than the 901 but not clouds like a 510. And there was an 'underflavor' on each that I didn't care for.

The Vapor4Life cartos didn't have the underflavor and the flavors were quite good, esp. the cuban cigar, but the vapor itself was closer to a supermini vapor and they lasted just over an hour on the same type of vaping. Too bad you can't combine the two types both the length, vapor and flavor. But so far I haven't found that one yet.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
Pre-filled cartomizers last about 5 refills.then they start tasting bad, and the throat hit is gone.
They also start to look yellow.
Yak.

The blank carts is a different story.
They stay clean, throat hit is good for about 3 days.
I do have 2 going at the same time, I fill one and put it aside, use the one I filled before.
And so on.

I throw them away because they taste bad, not because they don't work anymore.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Nietzsc,
I just keep refilling my cartomizers. Not sure how many times, but well over 20-30 and haven't gotten the burny taste or loss of flavor. The secret seems to be that as SOON as the flavor fades a bit, refill. Works for me, and I have to be frugal. Way cheaper than cigs.

Yeah, that's been my experience as well. It's an almost musty taste I think, which is A) awful and B) reason enough to stop vaping it and refill :p

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
Kent C,
You are wlcome
emberl,
I respectfully disagree. Mine are still white inside, after, at LEAST, 20 refills, and the flavor is great. I ALWAYS refill as soon as I notice the taste fading. These are the generic kr808s, along with V4L.

I opened a new pre-filled carto that came from V4L today, and I was shocked to see how "dirty" it looked inside.
I refilled it, after about 2 hours it tasted so nasty I threw it away.

I have never had that experience with a blank carto.

Maybe it was a fluke, I don't know.

These days I only use blanks.
That's just me.

It works for me, that's all.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I opened a new pre-filled carto that came from V4L today, and I was shocked to see how "dirty" it looked inside.
I refilled it, after about 2 hours it tasted so nasty I threw it away.

I have never had that experience with a blank carto.

Maybe it was a fluke, I don't know.

These days I only use blanks.
That's just me.

It works for me, that's all.

emberl,
That has happened to me, too. There have been a few like that, but mostly, they are excellent and refill well many times over.

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
I find all three of those things wonderful. Now, if you are wanting a HUGE cloud, or HUGE TH, then you may be disappointed. But I smoked for 46 years, hard core, and tried the 510, 901 and kr808. kr808 is my fav. But is is subjective, remember that.

Ok, so maybe I will try the kr808 on my next purchase. I'm a three months old vaper and already getting tired of looking for the best device for me, so far already tried the 901, 510 and 801 so my next one would be cartomizers and maybe my search would be over... hahha yeah right!!!

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
Some cartomizers you can refill many times and they work like a dream, others only last a few refills. I would say on average I get around ten or fifteen refills per carto before I toss them, but then I do wash them out occasionally. The only ones that have ever started tasting bad were because they were burned.

I don't quite understand how you can vape an entire cartomizer in a couple hours, it takes me around eight to ten hours of vaping very heavily to empty one. I go through about 1.5 and sometimes up to 2 cartos a day now.

I have tried blanks and prefilled and they both work great and last about the same. Every now and then you do run into a bum carto but I find it's very rare, but that is why I buy from a vendor that stands behind his product and makes it right. I generally buy prefilled then just fill them with a compatible flavor of juice or rinse them out and reuse them.

Hope this helps!

scott58

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
NorthWest Indiana
I agree that carts can be filled alot of times. I've been vaping since aug 22nd and in that time I think I've thrown out maybe 10 that just stopped working all together, but after opening a few new carts in the last several days I'm starting to think maybe i'm selling myself short by keeping my habit so cost effective. If i were still smoking analogs I'd be spending a little better then $10 a day. I'm under $1 a day right now with the juice I buy and make so may be kick the cost up to $2 a day and change carts more often and for better flavor. I'm going to see how it goes.

darkmatter22

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
in the MEDIUm
www.liquimatter.com
Nietzsc,
I just keep refilling my cartomizers. Not sure how many times, but well over 20-30 and haven't gotten the burny taste or loss of flavor. The secret seems to be that as SOON as the flavor fades a bit, refill. Works for me, and I have to be frugal. Way cheaper than cigs.

nothin wrong with that... i dont like the idea of the cartomizer in the firstplace

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread