The Curve from Nhaler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Actually its not a Kick in the Can , but that sounds cool! Its a dna board with a couple modifications, but it is power regulated and limits at 12 watts where The Kick tops off at 10...It also has a dial on it so no need to remove it and adjust with a screw driver or anything. It is completely sealed and will work with most all 510 mods...I have been using it with the Hybrid batteries and it REALLY performs well...That is the first one I finished in the Curve Tube but I have been using 2 others for a while now. I have a couple other people in the community using them right now so I can get better performance data....They should be out pretty quick though...Thanks,
Drew

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Drewsworld:8515934 said:
Actually its not a Kick in the Can , but that sounds cool! Its a DNA board with a couple modifications, but it is power regulated and limits at 12 watts where The Kick tops off at 10...It also has a dial on it so no need to remove it and adjust with a screw driver or anything. It is completely sealed and will work with most all 510 mods...I have been using it with the Hybrid batteries and it REALLY performs well...That is the first one I finished in the Curve Tube but I have been using 2 others for a while now. I have a couple other people in the community using them right now so I can get better performance data....They should be out pretty quick though...Thanks,
Drew

"A kick in the can" SPEC.....TACULAR!!!!!

Croww

Aug 27, 2012
Murphysboro, IL
Here's mine with the Eternity Vision Atty.
IMG_20130202_134450.jpg

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
any chance of doing the same thing with a DNA 20 ???
Actually its not a Kick in the Can , but that sounds cool! Its a DNA board with a couple modifications, but it is power regulated and limits at 12 watts where The Kick tops off at 10...It also has a dial on it so no need to remove it and adjust with a screw driver or anything. It is completely sealed and will work with most all 510 mods...I have been using it with the Hybrid batteries and it REALLY performs well...That is the first one I finished in the Curve Tube but I have been using 2 others for a while now. I have a couple other people in the community using them right now so I can get better performance data....They should be out pretty quick though...Thanks,
Drew

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
I have them making complete set-ups out of stainless, including longer tubes which will be available soon. They told me a couple weeks and then laughed at me? I should have them in about 20 days I hope. Thanks,
Drew
PS nice pics
thank you .. i told ya'll drew was the man.. ss it is then ... i wan't one first now man...

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Yes and no...Its possible BUT The DNA 20 has a few things that make it better than the DNA 12....Lets address them,
1) A screen with a super intelligent readout. This screen requires constant power.The Can wouldn't provide that without an additional power source.
2) The ability to go as high as 20 Watts. This is a great feature but I don't have or use any gear that can be vaped above 14 or 15 at best and I can easily simulate that with a lower Ohm atty or carto.
Anyone that tells you they are vaping at those watts is probably determining it by calculations and not on an actual device (like The Darwin or DNA 12-20) that is actually delivering that power and not just trying to simulate the reading, or the current is droppping under load.
Putting a DNA 20 in a device that was trying to pull that kind of power from a normal 18650 is just setting yourself up for a battery problem in my opipion.
3)Higher Efficiency (some say as much as 30% more efficient) The DNA 12 is already a pretty efficient set-up and has been getting amazing battery performance with the Hybrid batteries Ive been using it with. Hopefully we will be ready to get some reports from others.
However the first reports from some of J-Box users(OMG did I just type that?) were reporting CRAZY battery life and these Hybrid batteries that I am recommending are the same batteries.
That being said some were reporting longer battery life with a single battery than the performance of the dual Li -poly packs in the Opus (which I don't believe that is even physically possible) these batteries do seem to hold up pretty well.
So yes it is a possibility, but Im just not sure it will be done too soon. I am currently working on a device that will have The DNA 20 in it and it will have safe and sufficient battery power to accommodate for the features of the DNA-20 board.
Im hoping it will be The Device of The Year;)

Last edited:

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
[QUOTEI am currently working on a device that will have The DNA 20 in it and it will have safe and sufficient battery power to accommodate for the features of the DNA-20 board.
Im hoping it will be The Device of The Year;)[/QUOTE]
So........I want to be the first on record to have first dibs on this as my darwin needs a big brother! Deal? :) ;)

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
MINE JUST ARRIVED! Pics in a few! IMG_1452.jpg

button is great. finish is excellent. I may have to order a third...this is a mod that i am comfortable saying will outlast me.

IMG_1453.jpg

I THINK this might be my favorite MOD yet. I only have had 3 (Vamo (sold that POS), currently own 2 provaris, and 2 Curves), I just like how solid the feel is of this fully mechanical device, as well as how hefty it is. Also, pinky buttons ARE AWESOME!

Thank you so much DREW!

Last edited:

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Drewsworld:8535892 said:
Yes and no...Its possible BUT The DNA 20 has a few things that make it better than the DNA 12....Lets address them,
1) A screen with a super intelligent readout. This screen requires constant power.The Can wouldn't provide that without an additional power source.
2) The ability to go as high as 20 Watts. This is a great feature but I don't have or use any gear that can be vaped above 14 or 15 at best and I can easily simulate that with a lower Ohm atty or carto.
Anyone that tells you they are vaping at those watts is probably determining it by calculations and not on an actual device (like The Darwin or DNA 12-20) that is actually delivering that power and not just trying to simulate the reading, or the current is droppping under load.
Putting a DNA 20 in a device that was trying to pull that kind of power from a normal 18650 is just setting yourself up for a battery problem in my opipion.
3)Higher Efficiency (some say as much as 30% more efficient) The DNA 12 is already a pretty efficient set-up and has been getting amazing battery performance with the Hybrid batteries Ive been using it with. Hopefully we will be ready to get some reports from others.
However the first reports from some of J-Box users(OMG did I just type that?) were reporting CRAZY battery life and these Hybrid batteries that I am recommending are the same batteries.
That being said some were reporting longer battery life with a single battery than the performance of the dual Li -poly packs in the Opus (which I don't believe that is even physically possible) these batteries do seem to hold up pretty well.
So yes it is a possibility, but Im just not sure it will be done too soon. I am currently working on a device that will have The DNA 20 in it and it will have safe and sufficient battery power to accommodate for the features of the DNA-20 board.
Im hoping it will be The Device of The Year;)

So uh....if you need somebody to test out this "device of the year".....well....I am from the "Volunteer" state

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
I have them making complete set-ups out of stainless, including longer tubes which will be available soon. They told me a couple weeks and then laughed at me? I should have them in about 20 days I hope. Thanks,
Drew
PS nice pics

so you will also sell just the SS top caps correct? I would pick 3 of those up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread