Just ordered an AGA and now I'm sweating bullets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
I ordered an AGA Tiamat Plus from DiscountVapers just now, and I'm sweating bullets. I think I may have waited a little too long to order it if I want it before Saturday. It's no fault of DV, but the USPS takes at least 3 days to get something to my door from the time they get it, even with priority shipping.

I'm gonna be pushing this one close. I leave on Saturday morning for a whole month to Alaska, and I don't know what I'm going to do without my new toy.

Anyone else cut it close like this? Perhaps I could get a little bit of refreshing encouragement?

Thanks!

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
^ I've always wondered if that was an option. Packages arrive at our local facility from 6-8am, but they get delivered here around 4pm. Too impatient, I know, but I'd rather go down and pick them up.

Went on a 3 week road trip end of early October and only had probably 15mL of liquid. I lucked out and found a 'head shop' in Albuquerque, NM selling locally made liquid. Had to use one real old gunked up stardust the whole time though. Won't be making that mistake again.

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
^ I've always wondered if that was an option. Packages arrive at our local facility from 6-8am, but they get delivered here around 4pm. Too impatient, I know, but I'd rather go down and pick them up.

Went on a 3 week road trip end of early October and only had probably 15mL of liquid. I lucked out and found a 'head shop' in Albuquerque, NM selling locally made liquid. Had to use one real old gunked up stardust the whole time though. Won't be making that mistake again.

LOL That sounds terrible!

Aras, I've never had to call my PO. How does this holding my mail for saturday thing work? Thanks!

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
LOL That sounds terrible!

Aras, I've never had to call my PO. How does this holding my mail for saturday thing work? Thanks!

Well, you call them, tell them your name and address and that you will come pick up any packages on a specific date. My PO does this for me. I'm not sure if it's standard operating procedure but... They'll probably do it. Good Luck!

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
Funny it was moved here. My post was about waiting for mail.

Anyways, it came today! I ripped open the package like a gradeschooler on christmas. :D

And since it's in this forum now, I can go on to describe what I did.

I took my chef's torch, gave the SS mesh included a good torch before wrapping it around a paperclip. Then I took it off the paperclip and rolled it tight, so that it fit down the hole with minimal resistance, and proceeded to oxidize it the rest of the way. I did 3 burn/quench cycles and 3 more with 50/50 PG/VG.

Then I took the atty apart and washed it with dish soap and scalding hot water. Then I turned a bit of cold water on because I ran out of swear words.

I did what some would call a 5/4 wrap with Kenthal 30ga, then rang it out at 1.3 ohms. It's actually a perfect 4, as I only count 4 wraps from all perspectives.

I took note to fold the outer edge inward before finishing up the wrap on the wick, and sliding it in the hole with the edge facing the positive terminal. ETA: I also noticed the mesh had a noticeable grain to it, so I made that vertical with the atty as well.

There was a couple of hot spots, but a few nudges with an aviation pick cleaned it up.

The fill screw is in, and the wick is solid. It wicks well. The air hole was adequate for me as-is, and it produces a good amount of vapor. The throat hit was lacking, and adjusting the air hole in relation to the wick had no effect. I suspect it's the juice. That particular juice had no throat hit anyway, so no fault there.

It does seem a bit fragile, and I'm a little nervous to twist on it too much. Also, my glass was chipped like most others' but once installed and tightened it is unnoticeable and leak-free.

All in all I'm satisfied. The flavor really comes through, and gets better the more I use it. No burning, no metallic taste, just flavored nicotine vapor. The vapor is a bit on the cool side, however.

Thanks y'all!

Last edited:

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
If I had it shipped here, I would have had to buy another torch since they are illegal to pack in a suitcase.

I wouldn't call it a POS. I like it. It takes a skillful hand but it works beautifully, for me.

I agree, it is a great genny. Especially for the price. DV is a great company and I refer people to them daily. It takes some patience and a steady hand to get it working but, when you do, it is a great vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread