Njoy King (30-45 mg) - How many puffs is equal to a cigarette ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigarillo

Feb 2, 2013
America
I just quit smoking thanks to this forum !:D

I have started with njoy kings do to a recommendation here. njoy kings seem to have almost double the nicotine than normal ecigs. (30 mg for gold and 45 mg for bold).

This large nicotine count worries me because I don't want to be getting more nicotine then I did when I was still smoking. While i have stuck within their max of 15 puffs per hour , I can't tell how much nicotine I'm receiving because my body is giving me competing signals. I am getting a very noticeable buzz after 4-5 drags on an njoy king that I don't experience when smoking,and yet 45 minutes later I want more puffs, whereas if I was smoking it would satiate my urge for nicotine longer. I don't know if this buzz is just due to the different method of nicotine delivery ecigs provide or if I'm actually getting more nicotine than I was when I was still a smoker.

Does anyone have experience with njoy kings ? How do you smoke them , how many puffs (large or small puffs, a description would help). If there are any experienced vapers here that know of this brand, about how much use would you consider comparable to a normal tobacco cigarette?

Thanks a bunch :)

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I haven't counted the puffs . .of an njoy or a real cig . . .but I think an NJoy king is equivalent to 10 cigarettes at most. If they were all I used, I would completely kill 2 per day and start on a 3rd.

I was not aware of thier recommended 15 puffs an hour - I probably double or even triple that sometimes. Plus I take long slow drags to get bigger hits. When it comes to nicotine delivery - I just watch for the same sensations of oversmoking cigs . .I start to feel kinda yicky and suddenly have no desire for another drag . .for 10 minutes, lol . .and then it's back on the horse.

Twitteliedoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Texas
Hi,
To start off, I have no experience with njoy.
What I can tell you is that I started out 2-3 years ago, used 30-36mG and still do, 6-8 slow 5-6 sec drags seems to be equal to 1 sigarette and the manufactures all lie about how many "packs" there products replace. It seems to me its about 25% of what they tell you. I remember when I started off that I got a buzz the first few hours and a sore throat for a couple days. Dragged about every 8 times every 30 minutes to stay up with my nic. 40 seems kind of high. Marlb*** is about 18 I believe. I used to roll my own. (VanNelle Export) heavy tobacco.

i hope this helps,
And keep of the analog, i did it, so anyone can.

I forgot,
I dragged pretty much as much as I needed to get rid of the urge to light one up.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Njoy King is right on the money with the nicotine level due to the nature of vaping and the actual availability of the nicotine by us. They are indeed trying to come as close as possible to the real thing. They do falsely advertise how many cigs one equals horrendously. It is more like 5 cigs. Party over. You have to be quitting ultimately to benefit from using them or rich

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
A 'burro red' has 1.5 mg nic per stick, but I do not know how much is absorbed from each ciggy.
Same is true for vapping, looks like a lot of nic per ml...but no one knows how much gets absorbed per ml of juice.

Smoking nic (and tar, and clay and......) is way different that vapping it. I won't go into the long discussion of it, you can do some research on ECF - but, the nic on vapping attached to PG/VG is much larger than smoking nic, something like 10 microns verses 1 micron- so it is slowly absorbed via the nose and throat, not the deep lung blood vessels via smoking. That is why you get a throat hit, but not the head rush via vapping.
Anyone interested needs to research nic absorption OR just vape, and be happy.

Last edited:

Cigarillo

Feb 2, 2013
America
But that's the thing, I do get a powerful "head rush" :yawn: or buzz from smoking njoy's, more powerful than a ciggarette for sure. That's why I'm unsure if I,m getting more nic. A normal ciggarette is just 1 mg of nicotine and this njoy i'm smoking is 45mg. I have heard that most people get 85-95 puffs from an njoy king. If I divided that equally it would mean you get 0.5 mg a puff which would be a lot more than a traditional cig. It seems that those puffs are limited by the battery though do you likely don't get the total amount by the time you finish vaping the thing. I'm less interested in the numbers though and more interested in actual user experience.

Last edited:

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
A standard cigarette takes 8-10 puffs to smoke down. A "100" takes about 10-12 puffs to smoke down to the filter.

The amount of nicotine consumed from any given cigarette depends on many factors--the brand of cigarette, the depth of the inhale, the amount of time the smoke is held in the lungs, the age, heart rate and lung capacity of the smoker, and even ambient air temperature (which effect the combustion rate and temperature of a cigarette DRAMATICALLY).

There is simply NO scientific way to determine how much nicotine is absorbed by smoking a cigarette, other than to do blood tests of thousands of smokers, and then come up with some sort of statistical average...

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
A 'burro red' has 1.5 mg nic per stick, but I do not know how much is absorbed from each ciggy.
Same is true for vapping, looks like a lot of nic per ml...but no one knows how much gets absorbed per ml of juice.

Smoking nic (and tar, and clay and......) is way different that vapping it. I won't go into the long discussion of it, you can do some research on ECF - but, the nic on vapping attached to PG/VG is much larger than smoking nic, something like 10 microns verses 1 micron- so it is slowly absorbed via the nose and throat, not the deep lung blood vessels via smoking. That is why you get a throat hit, but not the head rush via vapping.
Anyone interested needs to research nic absorption OR just vape, and be happy.

I found that second part particularly interesting...always wondered why I didn't get the headrush like with normal cigs.

To the original poster, I have tried a juice around 35 mg, it gave me too much of a headrush to be enjoyable. I'm at 16 mg nic juices, and I'm more than satisfied with that. Once in a while I even buy an 8mg, depending on availability. Volcano is the only brick and mortar shop in my area, so I'm stuck buying juices from them. But after receiving my ProVari, I may have to try some juices from online retailers.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Cigarettes actually contain 10+ mg, but the average smoker absorbs 1-2mg. There's no way to tell you how many puffs equals a cigarette because we don't know how much we absorb. If your craving for nic is satisfied, then you've gotten enough. If you are getting a headache, you're getting too much. Just follow your body's cues. I use 30+ mg and have since I switched to vaping. I was also a very heavy smoker, though.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Njoy at 45mg/ml is a percentage measure. I don't believe that there is a ml of nic juice in each stick. Although I could be wrong.

Actually, looking at their website, there is no indication as to how much liquid is in each stick. They don't use 45mg/ml they state 4.5%. So, unless you know how much liquid is in each, you couldn't even begin to divide by puff.

Last edited:

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Cigarillo, you keep referring to using your njoy as "smoking" it. It's not smoking. There is no smoke, and there is nothing being burned to produce smoke. It's vapor. It's not smoking. You seriously need to get an ego setup. These stupid disposable ecigs from gas stations are garbage. They don't work very well at all. I have an njoy that I got for free off their website. I don't use it. My ego setups blow those things out of the water. The gas station ecigs are designed to introduce you into the world of vaping. They are not sustainable in the long term. UPGRADE

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Cigarillo, you keep referring to using your njoy as "smoking" it. It's not smoking. There is no smoke, and there is nothing being burned to produce smoke. It's vapor. It's not smoking. You seriously need to get an ego setup. These stupid disposable ecigs from gas stations are garbage. They don't work very well at all. I have an njoy that I got for free off their website. I don't use it. My ego setups blow those things out of the water. The gas station ecigs are designed to introduce you into the world of vaping. They are not sustainable in the long term. UPGRADE

Actually, the Njoy Kings are pretty good. Just cost 4x too much. I would probably vape them a lot at $2.25/per. Just enjoy the form factor. But at $8+ I won't give up my Aga-t

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Here is the FTC report on nicotene contained in a ciggys...

http://www.ftc.gov/reports/tobacco/1998tar&nicotinereport.pdf

If you scroll down to 'Marl Red' you will see that it contains: 1.1mg Nic.
But as I posted earlier- there is no way to know how much of it is absorbed into your system, or burnt off.

The reason you don't get a 'head rush' from vapping is that the nicotene molocules are very,very small in smoking, 1 micron.
They can enter the bloodstream very quickly through the deep lung blood vessels, and can pass the through the blood/brain barrier. Vapping molocules are much bigger, 10 microns- they get into the blood stream slowly through the nose and mouth blood vessels and they take time to breakdown into small enough size to get into the brain.

At least with my DIY juices, a have a pretty good idea what I am vapping, and at what concentration. The same cannot be said with ciggys and store boughts.

customjerry

Nov 18, 2011
Vero Beach Florida
I love the Njoy King Just wish they were cheaper... But I agree with what others said above... get an Ego! they are great! thats what i started vaping with a year and a half ago.
but i do wish the njoy king batteries lasted longer... I dont get a whole lot of vaping time out of them... But i do like the menthol flavor they have

Twitteliedoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Texas

Vouch for the Ego
I had some buddies trying the crapy ones. They turned blue, ran outside and resumed smoking.lol

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
The information given by the tobacco industry is about 10% of nic is absorbed from analogs.
There is no clear amount known yet on how much you absorb from vaping. But the molicules are much smaller in smoke than vapor. Its much harder for the lungs to absorb the vaper, most will be absorbed in the mouth, throat and nose. there isnt any figures on how much nic is in each vape you do. But it stands to reason that if you are only getting 10 % of nic from analogs then it could be less than that from vapor.

I find im not having to vape as much or as long since getting my Spinner, so it will have to do with what gear you are using to. I did go threw withdraws the first week from analogs even with vaping. It took time to learn how much vaping it took to satisfy the craving.

Cigarillo

Feb 2, 2013
America

Yep, so used to saying smoking, plus it sounds better than "i'm propylene glycoling nicotine". I have been researching starter kits. Seems a lot of people recommend Kgo , although the volt seems like a simpler starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread