Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
They can and do last up to 2 yrs. I have some that are 2 yrs now this month. The nic strength has faded, but still taste good.

I guess it could also depend on who made them. The ones I speak of are extracted tobacs from Want2Vape. They use to make them 70vg30pg then switched to 70pg30vg which I dont like.

I have been nursing them for quite awhile. All rest of my juices dont even go 6 months and they are gone.

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
If you do some non-ecig related search on PG and VG shell life, the manufacturers claim two years in room temperature. With e-juice it very much depends on how fresh PG/VG the vendor uses. They buy it by a bucket load to get it cheap so one never knows how long it's been hanging around. Probably that's why some vendors give you one year expiry date. Dekang gives two years so they likely use fresh PG/VG and being the World's biggest seller the would do a lot of rotations. I haven't researched food flavors so don't know.
But I keep my e-juices in the fridge at 4C. Even tried to freeze some and nothing happened but I imagine some flavorings could crystallize, menthol comes to mind but can't be sure of that. Anyway, with ejuice made from fresh ingredients you're good for two years in room temp.

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
I'd avoid the fridge - either the freezer or a cool dark shelf. In the fridge you can get water vapor condensation which can interact with sugars and airborn mold/bacteria to spoil the juice. (While it is possible that can happen in the freezer, the chances are much lower and the growth rate is nearly zero.)

The DIY guys have similar suggestions to the linked post - glass bottles in the freezer for long-term storage, but bring to room temp (or at least warmer) and mix well before taking some out, then the rest goes back in the glass in the freezer. The rule of thumb there (mostly for unflavored) is 2 years and open as infrequently as possible.

A few months in a dark climate-controlled place should be fine, its pretty much what you do to steep it anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread