Kanger T3 'mini' vs Kanger eVod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITomI

Dec 22, 2012
United Kingdom
I currently have the kanger t3 but cannot get it to work properly. I either get dry hits, so I remove one of the two 'loose' wicks from the head, and then it floods, gurgles and spits at me. Annoys me so I have gone back to the innokin iClear DCT Clearo atm.

Still looking to get a new bottom coil clearo though. I'm deciding between the Kanger T3 'mini' or the Kanger eVod. Does the mini t3 use the same heads as the full size t3? If it does I'm likely to experience the same issues and will likely buy the eVod as I know that has different style heads.

Anyone used either of these and can comment on them versus the full size t3? thanks

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
I'd also like some info on the pros and cons of these two items as I'm considering each. The T3 is great for me as far as wicking with thick juices, but the flavor sucks. I also really like that you can use a preferred 510 drip tip with the eVod, so I'll be leaning in that direction if someone can tell me for sure that the flavor is less muted with it.

EDIT: I was thinking of the very similar Vapeonly BCC with the removable tip, not the eVod.

Last edited:

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
I currently have the kanger t3 but cannot get it to work properly. I either get dry hits, so I remove one of the two 'loose' wicks from the head, and then it floods, gurgles and spits at me. Annoys me so I have gone back to the Innokin iClear DCT Clearo atm.

Still looking to get a new bottom coil clearo though. I'm deciding between the Kanger T3 'mini' or the Kanger eVod. Does the mini t3 use the same heads as the full size t3? If it does I'm likely to experience the same issues and will likely buy the eVod as I know that has different style heads.

Anyone used either of these and can comment on them versus the full size t3? thanks

Have you tried to remove just one of the two flavor wicks on your T3? Leaving one flavor wick in place and experimenting with the tightness of the coil head onto the unit usually resolves the wicking issues for me.

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
I don't flood or get dry hits with the T3, but the flavors are all just off, not only muted, compared to dripping. Still would love to find something with this ease-of-use that could produce acceptable flavor:p. Vapeonly BCC was the same. Any difference with the evod?

Glad to hear I don't have to waste money searching for a better alternative in Vape Only BCCs. Someone with eVod experience chime in, please.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I've been using my eVod coil for about three weeks now and love it. When I was using T3s, it seemed like I was always doing something to fix the burnt hits or gurgling. I got pretty good at it, but it was a PITA.

I haven't done any tweaking to my Evod coil and I don't think I'm going to, if the replacement coils are as good as this one. My replacement heads cost less that two bucks a piece. I got a few slightly burnt tasting hits the first week, but I just gave it a few primer hits and it started working right. I do get a little gurgling, but I just ignore it and it goes away.

The biggest thing I don't like about the eVod is the metal tank with the small window. I can't see the juice level very well. A couple weeks ago, I started using a clear T3 tank with my eVod coil and life has been good.

J.R.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Do the eVod coils take some finagling to fit onto the T3 tanks, or are the threads the same? And do the coil heads fit flush with the T3 tanks? I may have to try this since I've had trouble with hit-or-miss coil replacements. Thanks!

Evod coil bases screw onto the T3 tank just fine and works real good. There is a small gap (about the thickness of my thumbnail) between the coil base and the tank, but it doesn’t leak. If you look inside the tank, there is also a small gap between the silicone seal and the tank air tube, but that doesn’t seem to cause any leakage either. This combination isn’t perfect, but I’m hoping Kanger comes out with a clear Evod.

J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread