Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Hey gang,

Loving my Provari V2 and getting another one next month, but in the meantime I'm looking for something for my wife. She stole my Vamo from me because she is a little intimidated by the menu of the Provari, and is afraid she might lose it or something. I'd like the Vamo back. Hehe.....

she normally vapes store bought 808/901 disposable carts with an adapter and I refill them for her. Thing is, she usually vapes in the 3 -4 volt range so 3.7 would be just fine.

I 've been checking out the Provape-1, and I need to know if the 18490 batts that I have with my V2 will work in the PV-1? Thanks....I am extremely impressed with Provape's products and feel that she needs something of that quality without all the bells and whistles.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Hey gang,

Loving my Provari V2 and getting another one next month, but in the meantime I'm looking for something for my wife. She stole my Vamo from me because she is a little intimidated by the menu of the Provari, and is afraid she might lose it or something. I'd like the Vamo back. Hehe.....

she normally vapes store bought 808/901 disposable carts with an adapter and I refill them for her. Thing is, she usually vapes in the 3 -4 volt range so 3.7 would be just fine.

I 've been checking out the Provape-1, and I need to know if the 18490 batts that I have with my V2 will work in the PV-1? Thanks....I am extremely impressed with Provape's products and feel that she needs something of that quality without all the bells and whistles.

NO the 18490 batteries will NOT work in the Provape-1... It take a 14500 battery only...
Get her a Provari... with a VV Provari its the same hit every time through out the battery charge unlike a fixed 3.7 volt mod (Provape-1)..as your voltage drops so does your vapor production..
The 14500 battery life is not that great... Ive started off with a Provape-1 back in my early days of vaping.. Once you go VV theres no turning back...

Last edited:

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
I dunno about a Provape-1...

But I know that my Provari VV will take either 18490 or 18500 Batteries.

That's what's confusing me. She's not anywhere near as heavy a vaper as me so I think she's be okay with the power limits. Plus, I have several 18490 batts so she'd always have a couple spares on hand. And the price is flippin awesome... Just need a definitive answer.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's what's confusing me. She's not anywhere near as heavy a vaper as me so I think she's be okay with the power limits. Plus, I have several 18490 batts so she'd always have a couple spares on hand. And the price is flippin awesome... Just need a definitive answer.

I can't say if they will or won't work on a Provape-1 because I don't own one. But if I was you, I would spend a Little More and get a Provari vs a Provape-1.

VV is the only way to go. And even if your wife doesn't use the Variable Voltage much, having a Second Provari is a good Backup for You.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Only the 14500 will work. The 18490/500s will be too wide.

If your wife is intimidated by a VV menu, I think you are right to want to get her
a Provape-1. They are great little units to have as a backup, anyway. There is
nothing wrong with having a unit like that as opposed to the VV device. Don't let
the Provari owners sway you. You didn't ask them which one you should get, anyway,
you asked about the battery fit. They just can't help themselves for some reason.

BTW - your Vamo is a great unit. I understand why you want it back. It is sturdy,
easy to use, and has more features than a Provari, such as variable wattage. And
it costs 5 or 6 times less. Don't get me wrong - I think owning a Provari is great
and a good choice. I'm just saying there are others, too, and you mentioned two
good ones.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona

NO the 18490 batteries will NOT work in the Provape-1... It takes a 14500 battery only...
Ive gave it to you allready........ Ive been with Provape for 3 + years since their begining...Ive owned em all...

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Ok, I wasn't looking at the 14 & 18 part... All I was seeing was the 500.... The numbering system on these batts is a little confusing on the eyes sometimes... Once it was explained that there was a diameter difference, I realized where I was missing something.

I still really think she'd be more than happy with something this simple. And I know she wouldn't freak out as much if she lost it vs. losing a Provari.... She's kinda flighty like that. Still mulling over my options. Thanks guys!

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Ok, I wasn't looking at the 14 & 18 part... All I was seeing was the 500.... The numbering system on these batts is a little confusing on the eyes sometimes... Once it was explained that there was a diameter difference, I realized where I was missing something.

I still really think she'd be more than happy with something this simple. And I know she wouldn't freak out as much if she lost it vs. losing a Provari.... She's kinda flighty like that. Still mulling over my options. Thanks guys!

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona

Im telling you a fixed voltage mod does not cut it even with LR atomizers.. As that 14500 battery drains it will loose power(vapor production)... Plus as an atty ages its resistance changes, there is no way to adjust for that with a fixed voltage mod.. Buy her the Mini Provari.. you want her to have the best vaping experiance possible, dont you?

Stephenst4470

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Detroit, Mi
casaa.org
The 14 and 18 refer to the Diameter of the battery. (14mm vs 18mm) The 49-50 refer to the length. (49mm, 50mm etc.) The last zero designates a tubular battery form. An 18650 is 18x65mm.
There are also a lot of mechanical mods out there that you could use with a kick by evolv, that would solve her problem with no adjustments\menus at all. You would need to get a mod that would hold an 18650 or 18500 to use the kick, and you woud drop your battery length by one length to make up for the room that the kick takes. (Use an 18500 in an 18650 mod, or an 18350 in an 18500 mod)
Hope this helps.

Stephenst4470

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Detroit, Mi
casaa.org
If size is an issue, there is also the L-Rider Robust, in both a square and tubular form. It is variable volt with an extremely simple menu, uses a 14500 battery, and is tiny. The menu is 3 button so it is not nearly as annoying as the one on our Provaris. It doesn't really make it up to 6 volts in practice, probably tops out around 5 volts because of the limited battery, but works perfect for small rba's and clearos and cartos. My wife has one and loves it. If she isn't looking for giant plumes of vapor like you would get from an 18650 device with a Genesis then this could be the perfect thing for her.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If your wife is intimidated by a VV menu, I think you are right to want to get her
a Provape-1. They are great little units to have as a backup, anyway.

I am female and the circumference and size of the Provape-1 is great. It feels wonderful in the hand. It's only 2.7 oz (i translated from 78 grams). Whereas the provari mini is 3.8oz and the regular provari is 4.2oz unloaded.

That extra oz may make a difference to somebody who just wants a simple non VV mod to throw in purse, IMHO.

Really, not everyone wants VV and if they are not going to use it why pay $50 more when you can use LR atties and cartos on a provape-1

Those little 14500 batts are also small and light and easy to carry in a little batt case in purse. They also fit the REO Mini so.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread