M201 New Style Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
Yeah I'll try and do that this weekend. To try and explain the threads are now recessed couple of mm deeper,which only allows the atty to thread on approx 1 revolution.also around the inner lip of the atty (threaded end) there are 4 small bleed holes which are not on the new ones,not sure what it means?or what they do if anything? I'll try and follow up w/ pics.

CherylH

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
San Joaquin Valley, California
I've only been using the m201 since November, so I probably have the new design (I can't see any extra holes in the atty). I absolutely love this device.

I thought I'd lost a few atties when I tried some thicker, VG based juice, but after I cleaned them and tried them with the normal juice, they went back to putting out large amounts of vapor.

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
I just ordered a new kit for backup the 16th , hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. As soon as I get it I'll try one and see if there is a difference between the two kits.
When I find out I'll reply and let everyone know.

Charlie,
Check the thread depth when you get your new kit and compare to an old atty.Please post back. Maybe the kits still have the old style vs the new?? My old attys have threads that start right below the black ring,new ones have threads that start much deeper in.:confused:

dopeless-hopefiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Littleton, CO
I just ordered a new kit for backup the 16th , hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. As soon as I get it I'll try one and see if there is a difference between the two kits.
When I find out I'll reply and let everyone know.

Right on, Charlie - if you wouldn't mind please tell us of your impressions of the m201...it sounds like such a perfect blend of all desired ecig traits!

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Well I have had the new Attys with no holes for over a month now. They work fine with the newer batteries and they work awesome with my adapter from altsmoke. I use the adapter with my 3.7v mod and kr808d batteries. With the older m201 batteries they produce a lot of vapor as well but the draw is very very stiff....if you don't have the lung power it will be a problem.

What I didn't like about these new attys compared to the old ones was that they were dying off very fast. But I feel very stupid now. I bought liquid from tastyvapor around the same time the new attys arrived. Their liquid is the best tasting tobacco flavored liquid around But it is very thick. When I went back to my trusty RY4 liquid it seems like everything is very fine now but with the Tastyvapor liquid they were dying off every 3-5 days.
So my advice is to use the new attys with new m201 batteries or get an 901-m201 adapter from altsmoke and use it with a 3.7v mod. Use them with Dekang liquid...avoid thick liquids at all cost.

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
Well I have had the new Attys with no holes for over a month now. They work fine with the newer batteries and they work awesome with my adapter from altsmoke. I use the adapter with my 3.7v mod and kr808d batteries. With the older m201 batteries they produce a lot of vapor as well but the draw is very very stiff....if you don't have the lung power it will be a problem.

What I didn't like about these new attys compared to the old ones was that they were dying off very fast. But I feel very stupid now. I bought liquid from tastyvapor around the same time the new attys arrived. Their liquid is the best tasting tobacco flavored liquid around But it is very thick. When I went back to my trusty RY4 liquid it seems like everything is very fine now but with the Tastyvapor liquid they were dying off every 3-5 days.
So my advice is to use the new attys with new m201 batteries or get an 901-m201 adapter from altsmoke and use it with a 3.7v mod. Use them with Dekang liquid...avoid thick liquids at all cost.

EDO,
Can you compare your old battery connection to the ones from altsmoke.I have several M201 mods using the old style battery connectors and those and the old style batteries just don't work together.If I could understand the difference I could modify mine? Thanks
Which battery connector are you using w/ your mod??

Last edited:

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
Just received some new attys Friday and they are different than my old ones..These are not the 4 hole ones,they have no bleed holes.The atty appears to be the same low bridge one,threads start about 1mm down,old one threads start right at the end.Has anyone seen these?? :confused: I wonder if they will work w/ the DSE801 batteries?:confused:

Sea - I got my M201s from Shawn months ago and have never liked them. I never use them because the draw is so tight. On mine, the threads start a little way down and it has the 4 little notch type air holes in them. I even had my husband drill out 2 more holes in the battery to see if that would help and nope - still like sucking a steak through a straw, no taste, little vapor. I do try it out again occasionally, (then palm slaps forehead) the liquid turns brown in the cart and if you can blow any out of the atty - it also is brown. So my guess is its burning the liquid? (Because you can't suck hard enough to get the vapor out! 8-o) ;)

I never understood the reviews - mine never had a nice draw and I never got clouds of vapor. 2 attys and 4 batts just sitting around collecting dust. :(

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
Sea - I got my M201s from Shawn months ago and have never liked them. I never use them because the draw is so tight. On mine, the threads start a little way down and it has the 4 little notch type air holes in them. I even had my husband drill out 2 more holes in the battery to see if that would help and nope - still like sucking a steak through a straw, no taste, little vapor. I do try it out again occasionally, (then palm slaps forehead) the liquid turns brown in the cart and if you can blow any out of the atty - it also is brown. So my guess is its burning the liquid? (Because you can't suck hard enough to get the vapor out! 8-o) ;)

I never understood the reviews - mine never had a nice draw and I never got clouds of vapor. 2 attys and 4 batts just sitting around collecting dust. :(

Lalesa,
You described the old attys to a "T". Mine have always worked very good,tons of vapor,good taste. They went thru a break in period,burning off the primer,etc. But have lasted for several months.I admit that the draw is "tight" . The new style attys are not tight but do not have the same vapor production. They do not have the 4 bleed holes and the threads not starting until well down in the atty appears to be the only diff. Wish you had better luck w/ your 201s.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
Well no package in the mail today, so it looks like Saturday at least before I get a new kit.
I threw my back out today and took a couple of really strong muscle relaxers on an empty stomach so any coments about the M201 I have now will probably have to wait till tomorrow when I'm a little more energetic.
I should have remembered to eat first.

Last edited:

dopeless-hopefiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Littleton, CO
I bought liquid from tastyvapor around the same time the new attys arrived. Their liquid is the best tasting tobacco flavored liquid around But it is very thick.

Hmmm, thats interesting. I just received my order from TV and I thought it was some of the thinest liquid I've seen. But - it seems that the more eliquid vendors I try out, the more I see that the 1st batch of liquid I ordered (from DIYflavorshack) was actually very, very thick while the majority of others - namely TV- are actually much thiner. I originally thought eliquid was supposed to be pretty thick - I guess I was mistaken:rolleyes: Merry Christmas all - gotta go play santa for the little ones...

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
EDO,
Can you compare your old battery connection to the ones from altsmoke.I have several M201 mods using the old style battery connectors and those and the old style batteries just don't work together.If I could understand the difference I could modify mine? Thanks
Which battery connector are you using w/ your mod??

The Altsmoke adapter has two holes just like a m201 battery. But they did something ingenious....they put a channel on the positive contact. If you have a kr808d battery you know what I mean. This allows for airflow with all the different types of m201 attys. I think the airflow is perfect with the altsmoke adapter. I don;t know if they still have it on hand but get their 901 to 801/m201 adapters. You can then use it with mods or kr808d batteries....both ways they perform much better than m201 batteries.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hmmm, thats interesting. I just received my order from TV and I thought it was some of the thinest liquid I've seen. But - it seems that the more eliquid vendors I try out, the more I see that the 1st batch of liquid I ordered (from DIYflavorshack) was actually very, very thick while the majority of others - namely TV- are actually much thiner. I originally thought eliquid was supposed to be pretty thick - I guess I was mistaken:rolleyes: Merry Christmas all - gotta go play santa for the little ones...

Well Dekang is what 95% of suppliers carry. I haven;t tried anything else from TV but their tobacco is far thicker than anything from Dekang. As far as the m201 atty is concerned the TV tobacco is a killer. The problem with buying anything except for Dekang liquid is that the manufacturers design their devices around dekang liquid. Everytime I have tried other liquids I end up regretting it. But nothing has killed attys like the TV tobacco. My attys went from lasting 3-5 weeks to 3-5 days. I vape about 4ml of liquid a day.

myCelia

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Northern VA
I had ordered five M201 stainless steel attys a couple of months ago. After just breaking out my fourth atty a few days ago, I noticed this one was different from the last three I'd gone through. First difference is the exterior. This fourth atty is shinier and smoother, whereas the previous three were more matte.

With the shiny one, the threads are indeed more recessed and it only takes a turn and a half to attach to the battery. The matte ones' threads start much closer to the end of the atty and take about 3 turns to attach to the battery. Although the lifespan of the matte ones were a bit sporadic (one lasting a week, another a week and a half and the third, over a month), I liked the vapor production and flavor of these over the shiny one I'm using now, which floods easily and is still turning my liquid dark brown (btw, my diy liquid isn't particularly thick). This is a pain because now I have to constantly blow out the atty and rinse out the carts, rather than just topping off. It's only been a few days so I can't assess the lifespan of the shiny atty, but I wonder if this formation of dark liquid is due to the breaking in period (although I never had this issue with the matte ones).

Here's a pic of the two styles. I tried to get the best shot of the exterior and the threads. The one on the left is the shiny version and the one on the right is the matte version. Oh, and you can't really tell from the pic, but about 3/8 inch from the battery-end, I can see and feel a definite bump all the way around the atty. Anyhoo, my question is which one is the old style atty and which is the new? I need to order more attys soon but I may just resign myself to the M401, which I'm very happy with, if the shiny ones are the newer, but inferior attys.

Attachments

• shiny_matte.jpg
    shiny_matte.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 117

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
Lalesa what may be wrong is there may be some primer dried in your attys.
Mine did the same thing untill all of the primer was gone even turning my ry4 a wierd reddish brown color in the carts.
The best way i've found to clean mine is to get a small pot and fill with water and heat on the stove untill it just starts to boil.
Then I turn it down untill just below simmering and using a long pair of tweezers swish the atty around for about 10 seconds, rinse in warm water at the sink and blow out from both ends when it cools enough, repeating 4 or 5 times untill clean and blow out real good with a paper towel in it to dry. then I draw on the atty attached to the battery for about 3 or 4 seconds to do a dry burn. Reprime and it should vape right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread