Not open for further replies.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Contrary to the erroneous PM's and emails many of you received that was sent out by a disgruntled and somewhat desperate banned member (and thanks everyone for the numerous reports we received) we want to make it clear that ECF has no problems with any posts or threads about your favorite e-liquid supplier or favorite liquid. In fact we encourage you to post about it!

Because this is a large, very active forum we try to keep threads somewhat organized

Suggestions to do this-

---Have one or two master threads in this forum so you can chat about your favorite supplier and flavor

----If you have enough interest, create a group-

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...groups-plus-social-groups-now-functional.html

Groups are run by and moderated by you, forum members.

You can still post about your favorite e-liquid supplier here but with a group, you can also have a more social aspect.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Contrary to the erroneous PM's and emails many of you received that was sent out by a disgruntled and somewhat desperate banned member (and thanks everyone for the numerous reports we received) we want to make it clear that ECF has no problems with any posts or threads about your favorite e-liquid supplier or favorite liquid. In fact we encourage you to post about it!

Because this is a large, very active forum we try to keep threads somewhat organized

Suggestions to do this-

---Have one or two master threads in this forum so you can chat about your favorite supplier and flavor

----If you have enough interest, create a group-

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...groups-plus-social-groups-now-functional.html

Groups are run by and moderated by you, forum members.

You can still post about your favorite e-liquid supplier here but with a group, you can also have a more social aspect.

I read both links but unless I missed it, this applies to only registered suppliers with this forum? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
man i always miss out on the drama and gossip

Oh, man... There's another one I missed out on? I actually kind of like finding the trolls and bashing them. I usually report them though, using the little triangle under their post (and always hope I'm not adding messages to the mod's inbox by doing so). Then I just have fun with them until the thread/post is deleted. Don't troll a troll... :)

Speaking of, maybe a mod can make me feel better about using the little triangle? It doesn't add a message to already overflowing messages, does it?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reporting garbage is a good thing - keeps ECF clean and enjoyable for all.

Trolling...shilling...that stuff just doesn't cut it here and makes it an unpleasant environment.

The reports go to a central area where staff can see them and respond to them.

Reactions: Laura Miller

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Calling someone disgruntled and desperate is pretty rude, just saying.

Absolutely. What was done to ECF, it's members, and suppliers was very rude.

Someone that is so desperate to post here that they set up multiple accounts and posts under alternates creates work for the board. More importantly, it takes advantage of some of our very nice members. Each of these 'multiples' must make 5 posts in the new member section. They create 'fake' questions, and our members go out of their way to welcome them and answer questions that this 'fake' new member asks. Multiply that by 2-3 a day. Rude? Not Rude?

How many members do you think will want to help newbies out if they think most of them are fake? How would you like it if no one answered your questions when you started?

When they finally 'used' our members to make their 5 posts, this disgruntled individual uses our PM system giving misinformation about us and some of our suppliers telling them to post on another board. Rude? Not Rude?

Really, that's all that needs be said. If people want to set up a group and they have questions, contact a mod.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Calling someone disgruntled and desperate is pretty rude, just saying.

The member in question posted on his favorite vendor's social media page, stating

Now I gotta do stupid posts so they don't catch on its me. Spent ages posting tons of things in the General E-Cigarette thread.

and

I will be back soon with a brand new shell.

That is a direct violation of the ECF terms of service.

It's not the least bit rude. It is 100% true.

And yes, I have a screenshot to prove this.

bassackwards

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
illinois
Someone that is so desperate to post here that they set up multiple accounts and posts under alternates creates work for the board. More importantly, it takes advantage of some of our very nice members. Each of these 'multiples' must make 5 posts in the new member section. They create 'fake' questions, and our members go out of their way to welcome them and answer questions that this 'fake' new member asks. Multiply that by 2-3 a day. Rude? Not Rude?

How many members do you think will want to help newbies out if they think most of them are fake? How would you like it if no one answered your questions when you started?

When they finally 'used' our members to make their 5 posts, this disgruntled individual uses our PM system giving misinformation about us and some of our suppliers telling them to post on another board. Rude? Not Rude?

Now attacking vendors on their Facebook page. Rude? Not Rude?

awww, man... please say thats not what is really going on.
this is sounding like 'game of thrones' or something.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh, man... There's another one I missed out on? I actually kind of like finding the trolls and bashing them. I usually report them though, using the little triangle under their post (and always hope I'm not adding messages to the mod's inbox by doing so). Then I just have fun with them until the thread/post is deleted. Don't troll a troll... :)

Speaking of, maybe a mod can make me feel better about using the little triangle? It doesn't add a message to already overflowing messages, does it?

You're in Germany, so I just had to say, a WEE bit of Schadenfreude is totally A-OK, especially when the guy deserves it. This is the only forum I've ever beeen on, and I just wanted to pop in to thank the mods for keeping it a lovely place:toast:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread