Running Innokin iClear 16 Dual Coil with one coil removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamicon

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Constantia, NY
I have a 2 ohm iClear 16. I accidentally pulled one of the wicks out, and couldn't get it back in. This coil burned red-hot instantly every time I fired. I pulled the coil out with the understanding that in parallel, like the iClears, 2 ohms dual coil makes 4 ohms if one coil is removed. It seems to work wonderfully at 5.4v (7.2w assuming 4 ohms) with no burned taste at all. My question is, am I at risk of burning out my battery (KGO-VV) or causing myself physical harm? :vapor:

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Why do any assuming? There are many meters that can be had for $5 that suit our needs.

i just got an mvp myself and these clearos were included...havent tried them yet but i think the bigger quesiton is...what knucklehead at innokin built this device without a built in ohm meter? instead we get a puff counter? what is the point of that?

Xamicon

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Constantia, NY
I am curious to know how it is not flooding with the coil/wick removed, because there is a slot there where the juice would go in.

This is a fair question. It flooded a lot until I filled the slots with a dab of hot glue. I don't know the long term effects of vaping hot glue, so don't do it. I just kept it upright before the glue, and didn't overfill. Worked great.

Xamicon

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Constantia, NY
i just got an mvp myself and these clearos were included...havent tried them yet but i think the bigger quesiton is...what knucklehead at innokin built this device without a built in ohm meter? instead we get a puff counter? what is the point of that?

The clearos are great. I think the best and only real use for the puff counter is to find out how many puffs we can get per charge. AKA, pretty much useless. As far as knuckleheads go, they're pretty smart sales-wise. You buy V1, love it but want an ohm meter, then V2 has an ohm meter. You buy it, they make two sales per person rather than just one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread