Marlboro Southern Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
Are there any people out there that still smoke and vape? If so, have you tried Marlboro Southern Cut? I tried one before I switched to vaping and didn't really think about it too much until now. It's a sweet tobacco flavor that I actually enjoyed. If I had kept smoking I probably would have switched to that instead.

However, after vaping for a while and tasting the sweet tobacco juice flavors it makes me wonder if Philip Morris is trying to introduce smokers to the taste of vaping. I've heard they have their own e-cig in production but I don't know anything about it.

If anyone else smokes and vapes could you try a pack and see what you think?

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
I'm past smoking myself, but you may want to try half and half of "Midwest Tobacco" and "Captain Black" flavors. that sounds very much like you describe.

I'll have to check those out, I do like that flavor. I'm more curious about their apparent approach to vaping. I only had one of the cigarettes and I have no desire to try them now. From what I remember the southern cut was closer to vaping than analogs.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My son started smoking a few months ago (19 years old), despite urging me to quit back before I began vaping. He smokes Marlboro Southern Cut. I've not tried one and frankly never will. Glad to be off the stuff with my one year smoke-free anniversary coming up in April.

I've talked to my son about picking up a habit that he knows is bad for him. He tells me he's not addicted to them like I was and can quit whenever. Yeah, I've heard that line before, too. :unsure:

JusticeKnuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2011
Western NY
I had a pack of the southern cut about a week ago or so... I wasn't a huge fan, as you stated they are quite sweet. It's probably because when you smoke you're not expecting your cigarette to taste sweet so it was off putting for me. It's pretty impossible to compare smoking and vaping but as far as "flavor" goes but they do have that sweet taste that every tobacco vape has. As tobacco is naturally a sweet plant, the vape will taste sweet. I imagine it would be exceedingly difficult to develop a flavor/feel equivalent to burning tobacco leafs and paper though :p how ever, being a someone who does vape and smoke i did try the njoy kings because I've been waiting on my next juice shipment and i was curious. Pretty close to the look and feel of a cigarette but pretty terribly over nic'ed in my opinion... both the light and bold flavors ravaged my throat... smoking a cigarette after one of those felt like i was puffing on a marshmallow. And the menthol tasted like eucalyptus.... but i digress.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
My son started smoking a few months ago (19 years old), despite urging me to quit back before I began vaping. He smokes Marlboro Southern Cut. I've not tried one and frankly never will. Glad to be off the stuff with my one year smoke-free anniversary coming up in April.

I've talked to my son about picking up a habit that he knows is bad for him. He tells me he's not addicted to them like I was and can quit whenever. Yeah, I've heard that line before, too. :unsure:
If you are like most of us you said it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread