A VaporKing User Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
A VaporKing User Guide

This guide is a collection of information gathered from across ECF but especially from the helpful V4L users here in the V4L subforum.
I hope it helps to answer some common questions anyone might have about the VK.

:):):)

Even though the Vapor King from Vapor4Life is the easiest model on the market to use there are a few things you might want to know to get started.

The Basics
The VK is a 2 piece model comprised of a battery and a cartomizer. You simply screw the pre-filled cartomizer onto the battery and you're ready to vape. The VK comes in several different sizes and a variety of colors.

Shorty: 103mm • Regular: 117mm • Xtra Long: 137mm

vksizechart.jpg

The Cartomizer

v4lcartos.jpg

The cartomizer (cartridge + atomizer) looks like a filter on a cigarette, but serves a different purpose; it contains the heating element (or atomizer), filler and eliquid (aka juice). V4L cartomizers are pre-filled with a variety of flavors and strengths of nicotine and are color coded by flavor. They come in boxes of 5.

Cartomizers were originally designed to be used once and thrown away. Many users extend the life of their cartomizers by refilling them with juice. Typically cartomizers, or "cartos", hold approx. 1ml of fluid which means you can refill them less often than the carts found on most 3 piece models.
Blank cartomizers are also available, ready to be filled with your choice of juice.

Tips:

• When you notice a change in flavor (some users say it tastes like marshmallow or slightly plastic) and/or a drop in vapor it's time to change your cartomizer. You can either refill your carto or throw it away.

If you ever taste a harsh burnt flavor it's time to throw the cartomizer away - don't try to reuse it, it's done!

• Refilling

To refill your cartomizer first remove the white cap by placing a small hooked tool into the hole - this can be a bent paperclip, crochet hook or a binder clip like this:

clipyd.jpg

... and gently pry upwards while rotating the carto until the cap comes off (see video). Remove the inner silicone ring and you're ready to refill.

(step-by-step pictures here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nderstand-instruction-picture.html#post873011)

Then you can use one of the refilling methods below.

• You can get much more juice in your cartomizer when refilling by using V4L user Taryn's excellent spinning trick: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/47584-my-refilling-trick.html

• You can also refill using a syringe: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/57099-syringe-refilling.html

• Be sure to only drip juice on the poly filler and avoid getting it on the center tube to avoid leaks.

• You can also "top off" your cartos by adding a drop or two to the hole in the battery end of the cartomizer. Keep in mind that automatic batteries are not sealed so be careful to wipe any excess juice before screwing the carto back on.

• If you hear a gurgling sound and you're not getting much vapor after refilling you have overfilled the carto. Remove it from the battery, place the battery end on a tissue and gently blow out a little of the excess juice. Wipe any drops off of the end before screwing the carto back on.

The longer the battery and higher the maH number the longer they last before needing to be charged again. At this time V4L batteries come in 3 lengths:

Shorty - 71mm, 180 mAh • Regular - 78mm, 280-300 mAh • Xtra long - 102mm 380mAh

Batteries have what is known as a cut off time. This is how many seconds you can take a drag before the battery cuts off for a second or two. Older style batteries have a 5 second cut off, newer VK batteries have a 13 second cutoff.

Batteries are either Auto or Manual.

Auto batteries are activated when inhaling. V4L auto batteries use a suction-type activation which means they will not go off in your pockets or in loud environments. Auto batteries are not sealed so you need to be careful not to overfill your cartos - getting liquid in the battery can damage it. When using an auto battery it's best to take long slow drags for best vapor production.

Manual batteries activate with the push of a button. Some users report better throat hit and like not needing to do a "primer puff" (a short puff to get the carto going before taking a full drag) as you do with auto batteries.

Charging

When you first get your new VK battery it's best to charge it for 8 hours before using. This will increase the life and power of your battery. When you plug your battery into a charger the LED on the end of the battery will flash about 5 times to let you know it's now charging.
Shorty LEDs stay on when charging, the LEDs on regular and Xtra long batteries go out when charging.

Chargers come in 3 different styles: USB, Wall chargers and the PCC.

vkchargers.jpg

PCC
Personal Charging Cases allow you to charge your batteries on the go. The PCC has a battery in it that can recharge your VK battery 3-4 times before needing to be recharged itself. Your VK battery is charged by screwing it into the PCC, the PCC is charged with a USB plug.

PCC LED indicators:
The top light (closest to the case hinge) is for the PCC's battery- when red the case is charging, turns green when it's done charging and will stay that way until it is unplugged from the USB port.

The bottom light is for the VK battery - It is off when no battery is present, if a VK battery is charging it is solid red, and when your VK battery is fully charged it flashes on and off.

Wall Charger
The wall charger plugs into a standard household outlet and charges your VK. The AC charger's LED is red while charging and turns green when your battery is charged.

USB
USB chargers have a single LED indicator. When Red the battery is charging. When Blue the battery is charged and ready to use. If it is alternating between red and blue it is almost done charging.

Car Adapter
The Car Adapter can be used to charge a Vapor King battery (with the USB charger) or to power the Vapor King Passthrough. It is rated at 5V and 1000mAh.

Vapor4Life:: Accessories

Accessories

Passthrough

or PT - Unlike batteries, the passthrough plugs into a USB port on your computer to allow you to vape without worrying about battery life.
They also run at a higher voltage so you often get warmer vapor and increased throat hit from them. When using the PT please let your VK cool off if you notice the carto getting too warm, and top off more frequently - this will extend the life of your cartomizers.

You can also use the PT with a portable USB power supply or a USB power adapter, as long as they are 1000mAh.

Leaford Lanyard

Created by Leaford, the VP of Product Development at V4L, the Leaford Lanyard is a handmade, hand painted leather ecig holder worn around the neck. It's a convenient and stylish way to keep your VK on you.

leafordlanyard2t.jpg

Carrying Case - the carrying case holds several batteries and cartos. V4L is also coming out with a case to hold your Xtra long batteries in the near future.

Compatibility

The VK is at its core a KR808D-1 (or KR8). It is compatible with KR808D-1 products but it is in a class by itself! V4L works closely with the manufacturer to not only insure the quality of their products but to bring their customers new, exclusive flavors and choices.

• 901- You can use a 901 cart on a VK battery. Cartomizers will not work with a 901 battery without and adapter.

• V4L cartomizers can also be used on many big battery mods with the use of adapters.

V4L's success is built not only on their superior products, but on the customer service they provide and their relationship with their customers. V4L stands behind their products 100% and wants to do everything in their power to keep you SMILIN!
That means that if you ever have an issue you can contact them and they will make it right.

If you ever have an issue the best way to resolve it is to either call them at 773-456-0116, send a PM to Mark or Steve here on ECF (see usernames below), or send an email.

The V4L Crew & Contact Info
773-456-0116

Steve "Smilin" Milin - Owner and Vapor King! • Email: steve@vapor4life.com • ECF: SMILIN
Mark Dohse- VP of IT & Customer Service • Email: mark@vapor4life.com • ECF: dohsma
Dan Henschel, aka Leaford - V4L Product Developer • ECF: leaford

:D :D :D

Most of this information was found here in the wonderful V4L subforum.

Additional info:
• http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/45714-frequently-asked-questions.html
• http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/56620-vapor4life-faq.html

:) Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
that's great--definitely something to pass on to my friends who are just ordering. :D

Thanks! New users are who I had in mind so I tried to put all the essential info in one place and make it easy to navigate. I was going for a spiffy DonDaBoomVape format... though with less singing & humor unfortunately ;)

Also- If anyone knows of any additional information, helpful links or corrections that might be useful to new users please let me know and I'll add it!

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Birdy, that is incredibly awesome! I'm sure many people will find it very helpful.

I think the AC charger LEDs act just like the USB charger, except it turns green instead of blue.

The PCC LED will turn green when it's done charging and stay that way until it is unplugged from the USB port.

You obviously put a lot of work into that!

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
That needs to be a STICKY thing!!!Great job!!

I'd be honored if they made it a sticky. :)

Wow that is awesome... You do documentation for a living don't you Birdy

Ha! haven't done manuals for a while, now I just do ads. Mostly I'm just a little obsessed with organizing :D

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
That was VERY well done Birdy!! The only thing I disagree with is when the carto is done. I change mine out when the flavor changes, either that marshmallow taste like some describe but to me it's more like a general loss of flavor and a slight plastic taste. Vapor production is still there for a while.

Thanks!

About the carto being done- do you mean when it's burnt or when someone should refill? I've never experienced the marshmallow flavor... do some people get that when it's burnt?

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Thanks!

About the carto being done- do you mean when it's burnt or when someone should refill? I've never experienced the marshmallow flavor... do some people get that when it's burnt?

That's the ideal time to refill, if you can catch it when the flavor drops off. But it can be hard to tell at first until your taste buds start working better.

Excellent job, Birdy!!

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
That's the ideal time to refill, if you can catch it when the flavor drops off. But it can be hard to tell at first until your taste buds start working better.

Excellent job, Birdy!!

Ok thanks! Now I see what she meant.
I've always constantly topped off since I started using the VK so I haven't ever experienced that.

info added :)

WOW! Absolutely fantastic!!

Thanks Leaford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread