Opinions on the best vaping devices out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotiwis

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
New Zealand
Currently have a vamo, using vivi nova with it but annoying because it easily burns wicks even at lowish settings, so am looking for the best device out there.

I hear a lot of good things about the Reo, although there seems to be some negatives to it also, eg www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeda3-SYmvU

I hear a lot of good things about the provari, does it still rank among the best?

I want something reliable with 5ml+ capacity, consistent good vape etc as the vamo is only as good as it's tanks and none of them seem to be able to handle it at 6watts+ for more than a week!

Thanks

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Both the Reo and Provari are excellent mods in what they do. Different form factors (box mod vs tube mod). One is a bottom feeder, meaning it is virtually a continuous drip atty mod. The Provari is a traditional PV that uses more conventional juice delivery devices.

I don't own a Reo, so I don't know a whole lot about it.

I have a Provari and it is my favorite of two mechanical mods and three variable voltage mods. I feel it's main selling points are its dependability and consistancy, durability, accurate voltage output with no dropoff with the decline of a batteries use. There is also the manufacturer's stellar customer service, and willingness to service a Provari after warranty for already set fees for service. No Chinese mod can offer that. It is still the standard that most other mods are compared to, as the most well known video reviewer (PBusardo) compares all other mods against it.

My favorite juice delivery device are pyrex cartotanks.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
Provari with a Z-Atty is about the best you can get as far as build quality, performance, looks but is also very expensive cost about $350 for the set, i use a vivi nova on my provari mini,and a few vamos and zmax's and have never burned a wick is it possible you bought a nockoff?

i even dry burn my vivi heads after washing them off and still dont get any burnt flavor after refilling them like i used to with other attys, normaly i use the 1.6ohm vivi heads and run about 4.2V or 7.5 Watts depending on the device and they always work great my only complaint is the wick gets a bit clogged up after a tank or two of heavily flavored juice.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
It's subjective really, as we are different.
Personally, I think a Reo is the very best all-day, carry everywhere, no leaks,virtually unbreakable, takes plenty of juice, good battery capacity and handy format-mod there is. And with a bottom-fed RBA, you have flavor and vapor on a top level as well.

The switch on the VV's are way different now, quite something else than in the review. Personally I haven't had any issues with the batteries shifting in the 3+ weeks I've had mine, I don't find it hard to turn on and off, but I agree on the voltage wheel, it could definitely be better, but in practice it's not an issue at all for me.

But that's just my opinion of course, someone else might have different preferences.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
So there is zero chance of burning a mod like the Reo? I guess it doesn't even use wicks at all then.

You have three options with a Reo, a regular 510 atomizer, a regular 510 cartomizer and bottom-fed RBA's like the Reomizer, Hornet, Chalize and more. All RBA's uses wicks and coils.

And of course you can burn an atomizer on it, but when you make your own wicks and coils you really have to mess something up to make that happen.... :)

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I don't have a VV Reo but let me tell you these things are the definition of durable in non VV variants. Plus now that I have a bottom feeder everything else seems like a hassle. I have ordered a provari and will likely order a Grand vv as well. I think trying to pick one over the other would be almost impossible and comes down to preference.

Sent from my Nexus 4

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Currently have a vamo, using vivi nova with it but annoying because it easily burns wicks even at lowish settings, so am looking for the best device out there.

I hear a lot of good things about the Reo, although there seems to be some negatives to it also, eg VV Reo Grand Review (Variable Voltage) - YouTube

I hear a lot of good things about the provari, does it still rank among the best?

I want something reliable with 5ml+ capacity, consistent good vape etc as the vamo is only as good as it's tanks and none of them seem to be able to handle it at 6watts+ for more than a week!

Thanks

Hi Scott - you seem to be mixing up the mod and the juice delivery attached to it. You're issue is with the vivi novas you have. You can use other attachments with the Vamo. Before you spend a lot of money on another device, maybe you could try some different attachments.
Have you used any cartomizers?
You seem to think you have to use wicks with a Vamo. You can use any 510 threaded attachment. You can use the ZAP with a Vamo. The other mods you mentioned are good mods. But the mod is separate from the juice delivery system.
Do you have any experience with rebuildable atomizers? The ZAP is a rebuildable atomizer - there is a steep learning curve with rebuildables for many people. If you want to try one you can buy them much cheaper and they are very good.
I'll show a pic of what I'm using with the Vamo, its a rebuildable atomizer called an AGA-T+. The AGA-T+ costs about $30.
I think if you haven't tried cartomizers you could do that - or even a cartomizer tank. People here are puzzled by your problem with the vivi novas - they do need to be cleaned. That may be the issue.

Anyway - here's a picture to show you that the device can be used with different things - the AGA-T+ holds 3ml:

c3cd019e-b3b3-48aa-a994-ac7ffd447e1f.jpg

Last edited:

scotiwis

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Kiwivap - I have no experience at all with rebuildable atomizers and to be honest wouldn't have the time to explore it. However that AGA-T+ looks interesting. Can you explain more how it works - there's no wick then? Does that mean it will last as is for quite a while without needing to do anything to it or replace it, and the vape is on a par/better than eg a vivi nova? Does it come pre-built so I just need to attach it to the vamo and do nothing else with it? I live in New Zealand so I'd probably need to get it shipped internationally from somewhere but would need to be sure it would solve my issues once and for all lol

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.

I hear a lot of good things about the Reo, although there seems to be some negatives to it also, eg VV Reo Grand Review (Variable Voltage) - YouTube

Thanks

Is your VAMO tuned to Vavg or Vrms? This could be why you are burning your wicks.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Hi Kiwivap - I have no experience at all with rebuildable atomizers and to be honest wouldn't have the time to explore it. However that AGA-T+ looks interesting. Can you explain more how it works - there's no wick then? Does that mean it will last as is for quite a while without needing to do anything to it or replace it, and the vape is on a par/better than eg a vivi nova? Does it come pre-built so I just need to attach it to the vamo and do nothing else with it? I live in New Zealand so I'd probably need to get it shipped internationally from somewhere but would need to be sure it would solve my issues once and for all lol

I mostly agree with Kiwi and the others, I think your device is fine, you just need a new delivery system. I've tried, and hated the Vivi's, muted flavors, burnt taste, I just never could get the flavor I was used to with them. Not my cup of tea!
I'd strongly suggest you try a carto tank of some type before changing everything out. There are just too many happy users out there for it to be a device issue, and what you describe is a delivery system problem.

The AGA-T uses either a stainless steel or silica wick that is put in the tank and then a coil is built around the top of it. When they work, they work great, when they don't, you'll be pulling your hair out! I own one, still can't rebuild a coil on it, my buddy comes over and he can build one up like it's nothing, and he's not even a vapor! As you said you don't have much time to put into it, I wouldn't recommend this for you.

I'l suggest a carto tank, there are tons of dripping atty's if you think you might like that, it's not for me, I like to fill and go, not take a few hits, then refill. There are standard cartos, some of the larger ones can go for around 6 hours before needing refilled. Really, there are a lot of things you can try to improve the experience, but I don't think changing out the device is the way to go right now.

Is your VAMO tuned to Vavg or Vrms? This could be why you are burning your wicks.

I think this is another valid question, check and make sure it's set to rms, this makes a much more stable vape and might help with your problem.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
If you can get them, the Ikenvape punched are great, but hard to get! Last time I think he had them for two days, time before that they were gone in seven hours!
The Boug's are easier to find and most people are happy with them. Then there are Smoks, I'm not a fan, but others like them. Just make sure you get the ones that are either pre-punched or laser drilled. Try to stay in the 2-3ohm range as you have VV, this will allow you to adjust up and down to find your sweet spot.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Scott,
Like Bad, Kiwi and Saw previously stated, the problem here is with your VVN, NOT your mod!! I wouldn't spend the extra $$$ on a new mod just yet!! Take that cash and invest in a good pyrex tank and some prepunched tank cartos. You will be SOOOO much happier!!
Carto-tanks are easy to set up and low maintenace. Just fill and go.
I just wanted to second the previous opinions as they are right on!!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Scotiwis, you need to learn more about the rebuildables like the AGA before considering purchasing one and attempting to use one. These are better reserved for vapors who have considerably more experience than you, as they do not work right out-of-the box and require more knowledge than you currently have. Please don't take offense at my observations taken from your statements thus far, just saving you from some likely frustration with a very complicated device.

If you click on the link below my avatar, you will find several helpful articles that I wrote that will benefit you. I have a review of one of the more popular pyrex cartotanks and where to purchase one, instructions and a video demo on how to use a cartotank, links to obtain pre-punched cartomizers to use in a cartotank, among many other topics.

Below are some pictures of IBTanked cartotanks. You can get started with one of these in a complete kit for $25:

IBTanked25mmsb.jpg IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg

scotiwis

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
New Zealand
There's two ibtanked kits it seems on their site, 25mm and 19mm and both come in standard and XL. Which exact ones are compatible with the Vamo? And how long roughly will these things last - the tank, rings and cartomizer - say if I vaped on it mid-heavy daily which parts would give first and when, it looks great but am trying to work out if it's worth buying something like this as opposed to constantly buying vivi nova heads.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread