Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Copied from the Chucklehead Forum...

The question of "What batteries do I get" and "Where do I order" comes up about a hundred times a week on the 'Saturday' thread. I just want to put as much batt info as I can here so that we can point ppl to this thread when the question comes up.

Here is a rundown of batteries that can be used for the Chuck....

Large Chuck:

3.7V - 18650
6V - 2x RCR123
6V - 2x CR2 (need the sleeve sold at Thagbuilt.com, unprotected**)
6V - 2x CR123 (these are non re-chargeables that you can get in a pinch at most stores to use your large chuck at 6V)

Little Chuck:
3.7V - 16340 (also sold as 3.6V CR123A, but make sure you get the 3.6V and not the 3V)
3.7V - 18350 (1200mAh, orange ones unprotected**, blue ones protected)

** Use unprotected batteries at your own risk. While it is unlikely that anything will go wrong, serious injury and fire can result from using unprotected batteries. **

Places to Buy:
Look through the thread below for useful discount codes!

MadVapes
MadVapes LLC
(US Supplier, good prices, carries protected 18350's)

Battery Junction
BatteryJunction.com Batteries, Battery Chargers, Flashlights, Solar Products & more! (US supplier usually 2-3 days to get)

Lighthound
Fenix Flashlights, Cree Q5 LED, Lithium Batteries, Lithium Ion Batteries, Li-Ion Chargers, Leatherman Multitools, Spyderco Knives and more! (US Supplier, good prices)

Dealextreme
DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1) (China supplier, best prices, but extremely long wait)

Battery Tips:
- Order your batteries and charger at the same time you order your Chuck, so you won't be stuck looking at an unusable piece of table art. ;-)

- You can charge your batteries when they come. Don't wait for your Chuck to arrive. They will hold the charge and be ready for out of the box Chucking!

Last edited:

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Don't forget you can use two 3.7v RCR123A batteries in the Chuck for a mind-blowing 7.4v vaping experience.

Please note, I am not responsible for any dead atomizers, or cranial explosions resulting from vaping at 7.4v.

I thought about adding that, but, I didn't want to be responsible for flaming attys either.

Also, if anyone knows any discount codes, please post them in this thread.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Id also like to recommend using the lifepo4 750 mAh Tenergys over the blue Tenergy 900mAh batts...because the blue ones trip every 5 secs and you have to put back on charger to reset them...VERY annoying AND cant leave the house w confidence. The yellow lifepo4s however, NEVER let me down.

I have to also agree w Angus on the 7.4v vaping, although I use a HV atty for vaping at that level, brings it down to a tolerable/flavorable/enjoyable notch IMO so I can take usual 3-5sec drags :)

Angus is just a vaping beast ;)

Last edited:

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Thanks! ;) The mAH of the second set are the best at a measley 280mah, but I hear that other co's may look into making them again since theres (more of ) a market now. Not sure how true that is but better than not prot at all :)

Jeannie, Ur soooo lucky! Lol, my blue set drive me absolutely insane! Glad ur having luck w urs tho :thumbs:

TheBigD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
Before I picked my Little Chuck I agonized over battery life, and now that I have had mine about a week I figured it might help someone else to post my results. Detail on my vaping habits at the end, for ease of info's sake.

Everyone vapes at a different rate, so your mileage may vary. However, if you have experience with stock batteries compare your results to mine and you should get a good idea of what to expect. I also use 510 atomizers and 24mg juice, so adjust based on your equipment/nic amount.

On stock batteries, I had to change every two hours.

16340s, every four hours.

18350s, I have yet to kill one. I put in a new battery when going to work (and carry an extra) and that stays in until the next day before I leave again.

When first trying these, I got a weird chemical taste from my juice, but I had a battery mishap and had to use one instead of the 16340s, and boy am I glad! The chemical taste thing was an aberration, and now I never have to swap batteries during my day.

I vape about thirty minutes an hour or so, in five to ten minute increments. That is an average, of course. I vape more when work is quiet, less when busy (desk job) and more when having coffee and even more drinking. I have not yet gone out to a bar with the 18350s, but I expect slightly less battery life in that environment:cool:.

As of now, I have had an 18350 going since 2 pm yesterday, went to work, got home a little after Midnight. I stayed up until about 5 am, slept for a bit, and have been up since 9 am and still on the same 18350. That's a good 17 hours!

I can say with confidence that even a chain-vaper should get at LEAST 10 hours out of an 18350, and that is a low-ball estimate.

I am using the 18350s from MadVapes, the blue ones that are 1200mAH protected, of course. The 16340s are the silver Ultrafire, they have no mAH written on them.

I hope this helps someone!

Edit: The 18350 battery just quit as I posted, 11:14 am Pacific. 17 hours, almost exactly!

Last edited:

TheBigD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
The 18350's are THE way to go for the Little Chuck! 17 hours in a package that size.... impressive!

Kudos to MadVapes for keeping them on hand for us!

Totally! I think it is also a testament to the efficiency/build quality of your design. It is truly a work of art-beyond the graphics on the outside. Honestly, one of the best values for the money out there, for any product in any category.

Thanks Jeff, I love my Little Chuck!*

*I will soon be ordering a Chuck, not because I need one for battery life, but because I am a completist that way....you gotta own both!

NativeTexan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lampasas Texas
*I will soon be ordering a Chuck, not because I need one for battery life, but because I am a completist that way....you gotta own both!

That's the same reason I ordered one of each. If I hadn't, I would sit here vaping one Chuck, while kicking myself for not getting the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread