ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Remedy Black

8% TFA Horehound
6% TFA Absinthe
2% TFA Smooth (tobacco)

84% unflavored nic base (your nic, pg and vg in mg and PG/VG ratio u desire)

First off, this is not my recipe. I pulled it off of another ecig forum. Full accolades go to NoTarZ for this recipe. I made this myself a couple days ago. At first it's somewhat similar to Pluid. As the days go on the steeping is making it much more Pluid-like. Of course the color is clear since no green food coloring is added. The liquid is also transparent rather than cloudy like Pluid. I hope this helps for all of you looking for DIY Pluidish or need a fix between Pluid availability!

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I made 60ml of this and have vaped through about 35ml so far. It is Pluidish but I think the horehound percentage is a little high. From the original site I posted this from they said the citrus comes out from the Absinthe. I have a new set of flavorings coming in and absinthe from decadent vapours on the way as well. I'll see if I change up the recipe and it makes it better.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
It's been a while since I have had any Pluid to try to remember the taste. But I do remember at first it was like NyQuil, then transformed in to a nice citrusy, licorice combination. I don't remember any menthol...but it might have been there. Certainly couldn't taste any tobacco. But just in case I picked up

Absinthe
Horehound
Orange cream
Lemon/Lime
Creme De Menthe
Smooth Tobacco

All from TFA. Now I just have to figure out the percentages of each, and how to keep the absinthe from overpowering everything. Should be mixing this up next week! :)

Last edited:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's been a while since I have had any Pluid to try to remember the taste. But I do remember at first it was like NyQuil, then transformed in to a nice citrusy, licorice combination. I don't remember any menthol...but it might have been there. Certainly couldn't taste any tobacco. But just in case I picked up

Absinthe
Horehound
Orange cream
Lemon/Lime
Creme De Menthe
Smooth Tobacco

All from TFA. Now I just have to figure out the percentages of each, and how to keep the absinthe from overpowering everything. Should be mixing this up next week! :)

MM said he did not use menthol, and wouldn't vape it. Let us know how it turns out for you!

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Nice tip! So that takes Creme de menthe and horehound out of the equation. I do know there is a licorice taste there, and definitely a citrus taste...so im pretty sure about the orange, but maybe not orange Creme. I was leaning towards lemon/lime for the tartness....but of course I'm just guessing...lol

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
My bottle had an oily layer on top that reminded me of a citrus cleaner. Very strong citrus rind aroma. There are definite citrus notes when vaping, I don't see any flavorings listed for that, unless the absinthe has it already?

anyone try the triacetin based absinthe from TFA? The blueberry candy is Tri based and has a "fuller" flavor profile IMO, also clouds liquid depending on saturation and cracks plastic like an 8lb sledge.

my shopping carts been making its rounds today, gonna pick some up

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Pluid Clone Perfected

20% Decadent Vapours Absinthe
4% TFA Horehound
2% TFA Smooth
1% Natures Flavors Organic Orange

IMG_0009_zps23f9ca51.jpg

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Nice tip! So that takes Creme de menthe and horehound out of the equation. I do know there is a licorice taste there, and definitely a citrus taste...so im pretty sure about the orange, but maybe not orange Creme. I was leaning towards lemon/lime for the tartness....but of course I'm just guessing...lol

I would think you're right about removing mint. Does Horehound have menthol in it?

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
anyone try the triacetin based absinthe from TFA? The blueberry candy is Tri based and has a "fuller" flavor profile IMO, also clouds liquid depending on saturation and cracks plastic like an 8lb sledge.

my shopping carts been making its rounds today, gonna pick some up
I think the next go around I will order some. I have to say though, I'm feeling more anise than absinthe is in it. I have been testing with equal anise/absinthe and anise heavy.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's all good that it's not perfect pluid. all I wanted was something really close since I haven't been able to get some in a few months (due to availability and money). It's really close to Pluid so give it a shot if you want!

Definitely. I do not like playing the waiting game and fighting over it when it's in stock, so if I can find something close enough, I will be happy. I will get one flavors ordered, I need Decadent Vapours Absinthe and Horehound. Already have the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread