The Song Association Game (Music Game for the lazy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
If you're familiar with the Lounge's Music Game, this is the clean slate version of it, Music Game Redux, but one that's a lot looser and easier to jump into. Pretty simple rules:

1. You take any word from the last song posted, either from the name of the song or its artist, and post another song that includes that word. You can even use part of a word. So if I were to post "Paperback Writer" - The Beatles, you could play "It's Only A Paper Moon" - Ella Fitzgerald.

2. Once a song has been played, no covers are allowed (there are 2,200 covers of "Yesterday":p), and try to avoid duplicates. The "search thread" bar up top be a big help to catch those before you post. But this is a looser game -- If you match the wrong post because somebody jumped in ahead, no biggie. It can be sorted out. And if the thread has really rolled on from an accidental dupe, we let it roll right on:D!

*But so it doesn't get too sloppy real quick (there will be some slop;)) -- If you post a new song and then see that someone else has been quicker than you, please try to find an alternate song to post. Furthermore, if someone has posted a song, that doesn't fit in the chain, treat it as such and simply post a song that matches the last suitable song. It’s a game speed-bump – not a roadblock.*

3. State the name of your song first, and then the name of the artist. And because this is really all about a bunch of new vaping friends sharing music and some laughs, and we'd all love to hear your song, when possible, use these instructions http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-how-tos/124788-how-add-images-videos.html to include the youtube or vimeo video.

4. If you'd like to include some additional commentary about the songs in play, first post the song, so that the next player can continue the song-string, then come back to it and edit to add it in.

{If you're intrigued by the major added challenge of a Music Game that's been going since 8/10, and is much more stringent with the duplicate policy, click that link! Both are fun:headbang:!}

Haven't you found that vaping and music make a most excellent pair? Wouldn't you love to share that pair with your fellow vapers? Why not swap some tunes along with those special DIY recipes and rewicking tricks? So let's play:D!! Since I already mentioned it...

"It's Only A Paper Moon" - Ella Fitzgerald

Last edited:

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
I'm so glad you started this, Becky! If it takes off, I do hope that you (like the OP in the other thread) takes the attitude that "repeats will happen" and not to sweat it too much.

Have always felt Willie's work "outside of country" is really amazing. Hope you enjoy this one.

Moon River - Willie Nelson

Last edited:

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
I would like to add one thing to your instructions, Becky.

Bolding part of a word will cause the ENTIRE word to not be found in search.

SeeWhatIMean

If someone was to search for SeeWhatIMean, the above word will not show up because the text is stored as:
See{B}WhatI{/B}Mean
(Used curly brackets instead of square brackets for it to show up here.)

So... you may want to add "no bolding" (or coloring, for that matter).

ETA:
Do you want to add "minimum of 3 consecutive letters"? For Fizzy's "Moon River", any song with the word "I" would be a match otherwise... it could get a bit silly.

YOUR game! YOUR call!

Last edited:

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
Thanks, Bear! I didn't realize that about the bolding one word thing. No darned wonder it's so hard to search a thread for this stuff. Anyway .... fixed my earlier post. Surely most of us are sharp enough to figure out which word goes to the former music post without bolding, etc., yes?

Last edited:

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Thanks, Bear! I didn't realize that about the bolding one word thing. Fixed my earlier post.

Bolding an ENTIRE word is OK... it's when PART of a word is bolded/colored that causes search problems. It's only my suggestion to ask players to do neither to any word, just to keep things simple.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm SO happy to see you Fizzy (I missed you:()! SilverBear's load quicker than I am (and a veteran of the original game). OK, folks, so no bolding/coloring;). And I think common sense will hold with what "part" of a word means. If you took the "i" or the "iv" from "river", it's just no fun at all. This is all about maximizing the fun. And when duplicates happen (if this actually takes off:blush:), you are amongst friends, who will forgive you readily!

Had a river song, but SilverBear beat me, so back to youtube!

Seebs

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
South Florida
Beat My Head Against The Wall - Black Flag

Why are you trying to confuse me with a second music game thread?

My old self can't keep up with the first one and now I have to add this one to my list of "duties" for the 3AM rush?

There are consequences to actions such as "making Seebs go hunting for songs at 3AM for the extra music game thread"...

So prepare yourselves... You've been warned... From here on in; you get nothing but "bubble gum, prefab, autotune treated" pop from the likes of Biebs and Carly Rae from me.

Yup; I know how to torture your "musical souls". :mad:

Beauty and the beat - Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minag
Scared you... Didn't I? :p

And now to the real song.

Come into my head - Kimbra

Last edited:
Reactions: beckyblue

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    Not allowing any kind of duplicates is what ruined the previous game for me. It's ...., counterproductive and especially annoying when a new post sneaks in before the ECF search engine (that won't allow 4-letter queries) finishes. Put another way, that rule is OCD and not fun at all. Here's my entry, but I probably won't be playing after this.

--

Head Games - Foreigner

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread