A different 510 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
All I can say is if my 510s were putting out that amount of vapor I would be disappointed.

However my 510s put out a whole heck of a lot of more vapor than that. User error, bad gear, I don't know. You will have to figure that out. Either way your experience runs counter to the majority here.

I wont argue this with you. Something is wrong. I can take any of 4 currently running 510 set ups I have and blow that out of the water.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Yeah, something's definitely wrong there. Are you using a cartridge, or just dripping? If the liquid's "pooling", you're flooding it - blow the crap out of it, add just a drop to the bridge, let it wick a bit, then give it a go.

I've seen my attys exhibit this kinda performance too, and it's always been a result of being flooded - apparently the mesh is/was far more absorbent than I'd expected, or I was heavy-handed with the liquid.

Last edited:

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
I'm not a big 510 fan, but if mine gave me as little vapor as yours, I'd be really upset.

I'm going to have to call this equipment failure. I've flooded the he** out of my atty and gotten much more vapor on both genuine Joye and Boge attys and batteries.

My 401 produces more vapor than this. And, I can taste the juice flavors.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Sounds like you got some bad attys or your charger could be bad. I started with a titan 510 and of the 10 attys I have, the worst one does 10 times the amount of vapor than what yours is doing. I also got 4-5 hours of heavy vaping from my mega batteries in my titan. I'm using a Silver Bullet with 510s now, it produces wicked vapor. Only other thing is operator error!!!

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Yeah, something's definitely wrong there. Are you using a cartridge, or just dripping? If the liquid's "pooling", you're flooding it - blow the crap out of it, add just a drop to the bridge, let it wick a bit, then give it a go.

I've seen my attys exhibit this kinda performance too, and it's always been a result of being flooded - apparently the mesh is/was far more absorbent than I'd expected, or I was heavy-handed with the liquid.

I'm using a cartridge, and filling it just until it begins to pool on the poly fill.

I was dripping the 510 previously, but got tired of having it leak.

And I've cleaned my atties both ways: blowing & flushing with very hot water (then letting dry for a day).

My quest for a decent e-cig continues!
:lol:

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
I'm using a cartridge, and filling it just until it begins to pool on the poly fill.

I was dripping the 510 previously, but got tired of having it leak.

And I've cleaned my atties both ways: blowing & flushing with very hot water (then letting dry for a day).

My quest for a decent e-cig continues!
:lol:

Your time would be better spent starting a quest for some working atty's.

With all the videos on youtube concerning 510's, it should be obvious that your kit is defective. I remember plenty of people suggesting that in a previous thread.

Both my wife and I get decent vapor and flavor from a standard Joye 510. And it's the same with our friends and relatives that try it for the first time.

Contact the seller and e-mail them a link to your vid.

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Your 510 is defective my friend. I've had my 510 for over 2 months now it's never had that weak of vapor production. My guess is your atty is junk. Try buying a new atty, and maybe a new battery? My 510 puts off better vapor than that even when it is flooded. Something is very wrong there..

That would be great if it was the answer. But the same thing applies to my 801 & 901's. Is everything I buy defective?

:confused:

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
That would be great if it was the answer. But the same thing applies to my 801 & 901's. Is everything I buy defective?

:confused:

mmmmkay

Any chance all of your juice bottles have the words "stealth" on them :p

If not...

Then you simply have to be doing "something" wrong. Either you aren't filling the cart correctly (and we really can't see how full, wet, or dry your cart is on the video).

Or you've ruined your atty's from constantly oversoaking or dry burning them LONG before you took the video.

Or you have some very VERY old juice, weak lungs, or maybe....

You know exactly what you're doing but, you work for big tobacco :D

If you're actually being serious with your last statement, pick up all of your toys and ask a fellow vaper to try it out. Maybe he can see what's what and show you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread