Crazy clouds with Bakero wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
But what is Bakero wire? Google Bakero wire and all you will find are videos of people making huge clouds and say theyre doing it with bakero wire, yet the actual Bakero wire itself still remains a mystery. Does anybody know what it is or would anybody care to speculate?

Last edited:

Flcrack3r

Squid Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Yokosuka, Japan, From Tampa, Florida
so i did some searching on the word Bakero, and according to google it means "stupid" in Japanese and "stupid person" in tagalan the Filipino language.. i also found a facebook page to a "ziggyvape" and he had posted " Bakero wire batch #2 sold out" that was a few days ago.. other then that i still dont know what the heck it is lol :(

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I've got a friend who is a jeweler, and he has a roller mill. I've been seriously considering asking him to mill some 24ga Kanthal so that is has some sort of texture like a ripple or bumps or some other sort of jewelry-wire-type surface. I imagine he's let me do it in his shop for free, if I wasn't going to get in his way.

I'm thinking that maybe this "Bakero wire" is something like that--flat Kanthal that has been run through a jewelry mill with texture plates to give it a texture and therefore more surface area--which would theoretically produce more vapor. That's really the key to vapor production--high temperature + good wicking + maximum surface area of the coil wire...

kuyog

Jan 3, 2013
Ph
where did you hear this? you know anything about the thermal tolerance of platinum like as far as how hot it can get before it melts?

Bakero is a Japanese word with several layers of meanings, one of which implies "Crazy". It became a loanword to Filipino during the Japanese occupation in WW2.

Back on topic.

Platinum melts at 1768.3 °C (3214.9 °F).

Some people I know in the local Philippine vaping circles reported that flat kanthal wire is available and has been used for crazy vaping.

Since I only use a CE4 on an Ego-PT clone currently, I have not had the chance to try it out yet.

Hi guys...Sorry if the name I gave the flat wire is a bit weird...By the way, I'm Ziggyvape in youtube...I'm from Manila, Philippines.
Most videos you see there are built with 2mm wicks(usually 3 strands/folds) and used with the wire I called Bakero...Reason for that was like this...

I was given some flat wire samples of different sizes...I tried and used them all, and finally came to the last one...I literally CURSED on the spot after blowing the first vapor prod from my Nimbus atomizer...Hence, I called it Bakero...It's a term in Japanese...Peace and love to Japan ^_^

At first I thought I just hit a one-time-insane-build, but after trying it on different atomizers I came to realize this wire had something to offer to the vaping community...Every build was as crazy as the previous one, and this was done with single and dual coil builds...

I had no intentions of selling the wire, but the vaping public in the Philippines got curious as to what I was using...Eventually, I started marketing it...And the rest was history :toast:

Tems

Jan 14, 2013
Phils
This wire is something else. Ziggy2fast was kind enough to had me sample these when they got in as we live about 2 blocks away from each other. Too bad his videos are not in english but he said he will be making some soon. As for the wire it is just AMAZING as a beginner I never had to deal with hotspots and building was so easy. Another advantage of this is that it brings the flavor out in the juice. I had a few bottles here that I felt was blah but after using this all of them are vapor now. The weird thing is for the amount of vapor and flavor it makes it does not eat a lot of juice. This is clearly a must try!

By the way a lot of people have released similar wires here since then but the "Bakero" still performs better. Ziggy might be sending some to US shores last I heard. Give this guy a PM. Stand up guy here. Very accommodating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread