Status
Not open for further replies.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Your 2.2Ω atty will produce 7.6 watts on a full charge and only 6.2 watts once voltage drops to 3.7v.
If you can find a 1.8Ω atty then you will produce 9.3 watts on a full charge and the same 7.6 watts (that you appear to enjoy) once voltage drops to 3.7v. (This is the least expensive route to dial in your sweet spot)

Because of your chosen wattage range, I would recommend a Kick. You can dial in a set-point anywhere between 5 and 10 watts and it won't matter what Ω atty you put on it (you won't be limited to a crappy brand that has the "right" ohms). You will get the same performance from the time you put a fully charged battery on, until it cuts off and needs charging.

mwdenko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Ohio
Your 2.2Ω atty will produce 7.6 watts on a full charge and only 6.2 watts once voltage drops to 3.7v.
If you can find a 1.8Ω atty then you will produce 9.3 watts on a full charge and the same 7.6 watts (that you appear to enjoy) once voltage drops to 3.7v. (This is the least expensive route to dial in your sweet spot)

Because of your chosen wattage range, I would recommend a Kick. You can dial in a set-point anywhere between 5 and 10 watts and it won't matter what Ω atty you put on it (you won't be limited to a crappy brand that has the "right" ohms). You will get the same performance from the time you put a fully charged battery on, until it cuts off and needs charging.

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I've had my SB for almost 2 years now. I bought it long before the Kick was available so I've had to learn how to match atty resistance to voltage to get what I consider the perfect vape. I've been using 1.5 ohm 510 atty's, and 1.7 ohm 901's with an adapter on my SB for a long time and see no need to Kick it. I'm running at over 10 watts with this setup so I get a pretty strong vape. I buy my atty's in bulk here,

Vapor Kings Bulk 901 1.7 ohm LR Atty 10 pack

Vapor Kings Bulk 510 1.5 ohm LR Atty 10 pack

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I've been using 1.5 ohm 510 atty's, and 1.7 ohm 901's with an adapter on my SB for a long time and see no need to Kick it.

There are still reasons to use a Kick. Protection is the obvious one. Atomizer resistances can also be inconsistent and dip over time. The Kick compensates for that.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
There are still reasons to use a Kick. Protection is the obvious one. Atomizer resistances can also be inconsistent and dip over time. The Kick compensates for that.

I've found that the atty's I get from Vapor Kings are pretty consistent. Occassionally one will meter out around 1.9 to 2.0 ohms and then I'll just stick it on my VV boxmod to get some use out of it. One of the primary reasons to use an SB, at least in my opinion, is simplicity. It's a basic rig that simply works like it should each and every time I push the button. I'm not about to change my setup, afterall it's kept me away from tobacco for a long time now so why mess with success. Others may disagree, but to each their own.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have an bullet and I have been on the fence about about purchasing a kick. The kick is $50.on average and I haven't heard of them lasting much longer than a month or two and if the stories I hear are true I wouldn't consider that getting my money's worth. So has a kick and are these stories true?

My Kick is about a year old (1st production run). Put the kick in an extension sleeve and then you don't have to mess with it every time you swap out batteries.
    I use my kick if I'm going to use a carto tank (3 ohm), and my SB without the kick if I'm going to use a dripper (1.5 ohm). BUT, the kick never leaves the extension sleeve. If I'm not using the kick, I just store it in the sleeve.

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    i just bought a bolt and put a kick in it because i can't vape without variable power now after using other vw mods ;) love it! sure hope it lasts longer than a month though haha... only thing i DON'T like about it is that if you leave the battery in while its idle it seems to slowly drain it, thats a bummer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread