Ohm meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alis grave nil

Dec 29, 2012
Nor-Cal
If you already have a multi meter it should have a ohms test setting. Take the positive(red) and place it on the bottom center of your
rba where it threads into your device and place the black negative to the threads and you will get your ohms. the testers are easier but this should work just fine in the meantime.

Last edited:

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
having used several cheap multimeter's in my life i will say this. You truly do get what you pay for. Most of the models below 20$ carry with them as much as a 10% tolerance in reading. By that i mean a reading of 1.4ohms could actually be reading as high 1.6 or as low as 1.3.

then there is the other end of the spectrum..
FLUKE Digital Multimeter, 600V, 60 KOhms - Digital Multimeters - 2VGA1|FLUKE-113 - Grainger Industrial Supply
which has a tolerance of 0.05%, but the price is 160$

if you buy a multimeter, open it up and look up what the tolerance in readings is. The info is usually found in the manual somewhere. its all about how accurate you need to be. If you are making coild at 0.5ohms I'd think you want to be very accurate. If you are making coils for 1.8-2.4ohms you dont need to be so accurate. But it all depends on the device you are attaching them to. I'd hate to risk a 100$ or more expensive mod with a 5$ multi-tester.

:2c:

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread