Tesla mod review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
Just got my tesla mod from ivape yesterday :D and my initial thoughts were that it is a very solid mod. The build quality is very nice and the threading is accurate but gives a metal to metal screech. It's not too heavy for aluminum. The black chrome finish is very sleek and doesn't seem to collect too much fingerprints. The oled screen is pretty nice but it can be hard to see if you're not directly facing it because it's about half an inch into the device. Looking at the oled, if you tilt the device you can see the oled board underneath the screen and other components around the oled.

In the box I recieved only the mod and a tiny 6page instruction foldout.

As far as size goes its about 1 inch in thickness, a little thicker than my valley view Pyrex sidewinder tank. Its about half an inch taller than my eVic, a little shy of 5 1/2 inches. It fits nicely in my hand.

It has a spring loaded positive post on the 510 connection which I find a nice touch. :thumbup:

I'm not a fan of ivapes choice to place the + - buttons above the screen because it just makes it impossible to see what changes you've made because your fingers are in the way. why ivape why?? :confused: Its not too big of a deal though, merely a minor nuisance. All three of the buttons are very solid and clicky feeling.

As far as functionality goes the tesla does what its supposed to do. It is vv from 3 to 6 volts in .1 increments and vw from 3 to 15 watts in .5 increments. It has a built in ohms reader that you can activate by pressing the + button for 2 seconds. By holding the + button for 8 seconds you enter the 3 option menu which allows you to switch between vv and vw, change what you see on the display while vaping (volts, ohms, and battery level), and the option to turn the LCD on or off. The menu system is very simple to use.

One thing I find annoying besides the buttons above the display is booting the tesla up. I have found that it has turned itself off one in a while which can be a nuisance when you press the activator to try and vape and realize the device is off. What you have to do in order to turn it on is to press the activator until TESLA displays in the oled screen. Wait a second then fast click the activator 5 times within 2 seconds. the words TESLA will show up again followed by system:eek:n. The mod will shut off if you press anything before it is fully booted which I find annoying. :mad:

Overall the tesla is a very solid, sleek feeling, functional mod that does what it's supposed to do. Aside from the button placement and boot up procedure I really like the tesla and would recommend it to anyone looking for a simple to use vv vw mechanical device. I got mine at the pre ordered price of $65 which I think is reasonable but with the dropping price of the vamo I think its impractical right now seeing that the vamo is available for as little as 36$ via a ........ deal. :eek: Bad timing on ivapes part but regardless, props to ivape for a solid device. :)
uploadfromtaptalk1358297383303.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358297497095.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358297740888.jpg
-Atlexus

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
*Update* I've figured out the reason it turns off! So I have two types of 18650 batteries. My go to is the Panasonic cgr18650ch. My backup is the Samsung icr18650. When the Samsung is in and I turn the bottom cap all the way it doesn't work. if I loosen it half a turn the tesla turns on. The Panasonic battery doesn't have this issue at all. I figure its a battery issue and not the device. after a closer look at the batteries, the Samsung is flat and the Panasonic is a button top and only very slightly higher than the Samsung. So in only using the Panasonic or other button tops in this mod.

-Atlexus

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
*update* again! It actually does this on both type of batteries. My solution is when you're screwing the battery cap on stop when you see the oled light up and since it's slotted you can use your finger to hold the battery in place while you screw the cap on completely. The battery turns while you screw the cap on and for some reason the device works only when the battery is turned to a certain point. Kind of a hassle that i shouldn't have to worry about but I can deal with it.

-Atlexus

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
Mine should be here later today. Have an 18650 fully charged and wating.
I ordered the "chrome" version, but I am sure that it will be polished alu.

I paid the full $79 US for it...Oh well. We will see how this one looks and acts like.
All I have are flat top 18650's hope they will fit ok.

I think my problem is just my device so I'm sending it to ivape so they can either fix it or send me a new one. I really like it though. I hope you enjoy yours!

-Atlexus

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
*Update* I've figured out the reason it turns off! So I have two types of 18650 batteries. My go to is the Panasonic cgr18650ch. My backup is the Samsung icr18650. When the Samsung is in and I turn the bottom cap all the way it doesn't work. if I loosen it half a turn the tesla turns on. The Panasonic battery doesn't have this issue at all. I figure its a battery issue and not the device. after a closer look at the batteries, the Samsung is flat and the Panasonic is a button top and only very slightly higher than the Samsung. So in only using the Panasonic or other button tops in this mod.

-Atlexus

*update* again! It actually does this on both type of batteries. My solution is when you're screwing the battery cap on stop when you see the oled light up and since it's slotted you can use your finger to hold the battery in place while you screw the cap on completely. The battery turns while you screw the cap on and for some reason the device works only when the battery is turned to a certain point. Kind of a hassle that i shouldn't have to worry about but I can deal with it.

-Atlexus

I'm having this battery issue as well... git mine from iVapes also. The thing keeps turning off wile the battery cap is screwed all the way down. In using a flat top battery with it and its not like it's to short... it's got a lot of resistance wile screwing the cap on, so I know it's touching the bottom spring and top connection correctly.

I have to keep the battery cap only screwed half way in for the thing to work. It also showed up with a kinda crooked 510 post... so far in not impressed with the Tesla, I've got a tech issue ticket out with iVapes so we'll see what they gotta say about it. I've had it for a month but didn't really get down to using it until last night due to life issues keeping me away from it until now.

So far it's the vamo for the win. I can get 2 vamo's for the price of one Tesla... I actually have 2 vamo's and both run far better than this Tesla, which so far has been nothing but issues.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread